April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on a whim and then read the reviews after the fact ... and wasn't really expecting to like it since most reviews said on the eye it was more of a flat navy blue color. but, happily i really love this color! i have gray/blue eyes and feel a little too 1985 wearing bright blue liners/shadows and this looked in the pot to be a really deep purple-blue color - which is what i was hoping for.

So here's the skinny. this liner can (CAN) totally look exactly the same as in the pot on the eye. like blacktrack - you do have to apply two coats to get true dark pigment - which is a pain in the butt if you are in a hurry - but totally worth it if you have the xtra time! Also the bright purple-blue color shows up MUCH better over lighter colored shadows.... it does still show up over a darker shadow but you have to work at a bit :/

this liner also looks great with UD deluxe shadow in Ransom over it for a brighter purple pop - or MAC's Plumage for a darker purple-blue.

So, yes a little extra work is involved - but until i find this same color gel liner that stays put as well as this does - it's worth it to me!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I got this as a gift. I would have never picked it out for myself. I dont like this product. Its not bright enough to be anything special. Its a flat navy color & its not even that pigmented. It is really creamy though, but it doesnt last long just like blacktrack. If you are into the natural look, or you dont like brown or black eyeliner, i guess this would be a good eyeliner for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have blue green eyes and for some reason i cannot pull of blue colors, even dark ones such as waveline. I am having trouble parting with it and am still determined to make it work for me, but thus far I have had no luck. Still a beautiful color though, just not on me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

This is a cool color...navy/indigo blue and I like that about it. However I just think it doesn't go on as well as my Bobbi gel eyeliners. The color payoff isnt as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by simpleblueme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i personally dont hate or like this product.
yes i like the colour and i guess i would buy it again since its not bad but it doesnt seem to work well as an eye-liner for me.
compared to bobbi brown gel eyeliner, bobbi brown works a lot easier as an eyeliner. it goes on more smoothly.
i thought waveline was a nice colour but not dark enough and doesnt stay long enough to be a liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe I got a bad batch, but this one isn't nearly as creamy as Blacktrack or Rich Ground. I have blue eyes, but this colour doesn't really work. It's hard to create a winged line, because the liner seems a tad bit dryer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by glammisskelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this, an i love it! its a dark navy blue, i just love using this now more than just wearing plain black eyeliner . it gives my eyes a pop effect, i have hazel eyes an just looks nice against them.

stays all day too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a good product but like everyone else has noted it just isn't blue enough.
Strangely enough I tried this on my hand in the store (Heathrow duty free) and under the bright lights it seemed to look far more navy blue on my hand than it actually turned out to be on my eyes. A mistake I have learned from (natural light is key).
That said I found that it did not move on my oily skin even whilst I was on holiday under a sweltering Cuban sun! It's also extremely good value for money, I'd say even with everyday use (as long as you're not Amy Winehouse) it would still last for a year minimum!
Will go for blacktrack fluidline in future but wont try this again unless it ups the blue pigment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again, a Fluidline that doesn't live up to its promise. This is a vibrant, beautiful blue-violet with a metallic sheen in the pot, but goes on as more of a dull dark navy on the lid. I was looking for something that would really "pop" against my brown eyes, and while it looks "okay," it isn't what I was wanting when I bought it. Not bad enough to return, but not what I thought it would be. So far, of the three Fluidlines I've tried, only Rich Ground has been true to color. I've learned my lesson...try a swatch at the counter before you buy! Three lippies for overall product quality, as it does apply smoothly and stays on all day, and the value is good since you get a large quantity for the price.

EDIT: Have tossed this. It started clumping and going on unevenly, then started wearing off in clumps, leaving bare spots in my eyeliner line...unacceptable. I know I kept it tightly closed, too. Not pleased, as this was only used a few times. Doesn't last in the jar or on my eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was not for me. I'm a GGG and thought this would be intense and contrasty, but instead it was sheer and unimpressive.

There is hardly any pigment in this, unlike MAC's other Fluidlines. I have the Blacktrack and I can't even believe they are the same product!

I can't tell if it lasted because I couldn't see it.