November 27, 2014 | 1171 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by seefaithrun

I have had a hard time looking for the perfect blue eyeliner. I have oily lids (no amount of primer can fix that) and for whatever reason, blue liners hate me. Or my lids, for that matter. I tried a lot of different brands and then it hit me, why not use the brand that worked before?? I've tried Blitz and Glitz by MAC and loved it. So I figured that Waveline would be no different.

I do appreciate (as we all do) the staying power of this liner. My only issue is the effort required to apply it. It goes on my lids almost translucent so you need to go over and over again in order to make the line opaque. Not good if you are in a hurry.

Also, the color that goes on you lid is not nearly as vibrant as the color you see in the pot. No matter, I don't need the blue to be that loud. I just want it to make my brown eyes stand out. Which it did, and that is not something easily accomplished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this alot. It does read blue on my eyes, a dark blue, not black. It does on effortlessly and wears with minimal moving or smudging (but I'm a rubber as I have extreme allergy eyes that are constantly watering and bothering me). I don't wear black well and feel this is a nice alternative. I wish I had bought Dark Diversion but wasn't sure I'd like the formula of these however, I much prefer the formula of this to that of my Clinique creme liner which I feel flakes a bit.

ETA:
No the Clinique is FAR superior. I actually don't care for this now. It does on watery and not opaque (my Clinique is always opaque on one swipe as is my new Smashbox gel liner). I rarely use this although I do love the color and it's very flattering against my blue eyes but if this is what the other Fluidlines are like, I'll never try them. Boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Lulu2387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

At first this product did not show up on my skin and it almost looked black on my eyelids. But after after playing around with it for a couple if days I realized that it's not too opaque so you do have to reapply once it dries and repeat until your desired effect is achieved. For me I had to reapply about 3-4 times which is annoying if your in a rush. Once dried the color gets a bit darker more of a navy blue but in sunlight it looks like an Indigo color (blueish, purple). I have a dark golden brown complexion so I tried it over a mauve pink eyeshadow and it looked beautiful. If it was more opaque and a bit brighter it would rate higher but overall a descent product and a nice color.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst gel liner I hav ever tried and I've tried A LOT! The color is a very dark navy blue ad looks good with my brown eyes but it flakes off as soon as it dries. As far as staying power, this does not compare to The Bobbi Brown gel liners, L'oreal Hip creamliners and even the MAC Blacktrack. The consistency is thinner than the blacktrack so you have to draw a line and go over it a couple of times to get it to look opaque. I really wanted to like this so I tried it with the MAC 210 brush, the bobbie brown eyeliner brush, sephora angled liner brush and a flat tipped liner brush. Still a major FAIL. The brush that works the best is an old lipbrush and that's only coz it gets loads of product onto the tip and i just try to paint it on my eye (not fun when you're in a rush). Very unhappy with this purchase. Please don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on a whim and then read the reviews after the fact ... and wasn't really expecting to like it since most reviews said on the eye it was more of a flat navy blue color. but, happily i really love this color! i have gray/blue eyes and feel a little too 1985 wearing bright blue liners/shadows and this looked in the pot to be a really deep purple-blue color - which is what i was hoping for.

So here's the skinny. this liner can (CAN) totally look exactly the same as in the pot on the eye. like blacktrack - you do have to apply two coats to get true dark pigment - which is a pain in the butt if you are in a hurry - but totally worth it if you have the xtra time! Also the bright purple-blue color shows up MUCH better over lighter colored shadows.... it does still show up over a darker shadow but you have to work at a bit :/

this liner also looks great with UD deluxe shadow in Ransom over it for a brighter purple pop - or MAC's Plumage for a darker purple-blue.

So, yes a little extra work is involved - but until i find this same color gel liner that stays put as well as this does - it's worth it to me!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I got this as a gift. I would have never picked it out for myself. I dont like this product. Its not bright enough to be anything special. Its a flat navy color & its not even that pigmented. It is really creamy though, but it doesnt last long just like blacktrack. If you are into the natural look, or you dont like brown or black eyeliner, i guess this would be a good eyeliner for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have blue green eyes and for some reason i cannot pull of blue colors, even dark ones such as waveline. I am having trouble parting with it and am still determined to make it work for me, but thus far I have had no luck. Still a beautiful color though, just not on me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

This is a cool color...navy/indigo blue and I like that about it. However I just think it doesn't go on as well as my Bobbi gel eyeliners. The color payoff isnt as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by simpleblueme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i personally dont hate or like this product.
yes i like the colour and i guess i would buy it again since its not bad but it doesnt seem to work well as an eye-liner for me.
compared to bobbi brown gel eyeliner, bobbi brown works a lot easier as an eyeliner. it goes on more smoothly.
i thought waveline was a nice colour but not dark enough and doesnt stay long enough to be a liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe I got a bad batch, but this one isn't nearly as creamy as Blacktrack or Rich Ground. I have blue eyes, but this colour doesn't really work. It's hard to create a winged line, because the liner seems a tad bit dryer.