July 25, 2014 | 1987 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last Christmas for my older sister. I feared she wouldn't like it, as she doesn't like most products from BBW and would go for something more natural, like Burt's Bees. Result? She loves it. I caught her using it a few days ago and she has hit the pan. I asked her if she liked it or not, and she said that it was the only product she uses on her lips now, no more Burt's Bees. She recommended me try it. So I did, and I love it. It has a beautiful rosy smell and just leaves my lips pillowy and soft and has the faintest tint to it. Plus, I can even use it for my cuticles and other places too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by syntheticaesthetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this salve for my cuticles -- I put it on at night and in the morning my fingertips look amazing and hydrated. It's okay for lips but it can feel a bit greasy and sits on your lips. I LOATHE the packaging. It's clunky, and I always have a struggle to open it when it's fully closed (I've had to use pliers once or twice, and if you're trying to reopen it with the salve already on your fingers, forget about it). Overall I think it's a good product for a reasonable price, but I have to always keep the container partially open because trying to pull the lid off and butcher my nails when it's intent to stay closed makes me want to murder someone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this products for a few years and I really like it although it isn't something I can't live without. I prefer to use this around my nail beds and on my cuticles, and on my elbows when they need it. I found that it worked best in those places as opposed to my lips, which felt more greasy than moisturized. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but other than that I feel like it does a fantastic job on the places I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! Leaves my lips pillow soft and kissable, with a cute (barely noticeable) pinky sheen. It does NOT smell like roses, but more like a pleasant honey vanilla scent. My only gripe (and reason for removing a lippie) is the packaging. It's bulky and kind-of unsanitary unless applying with a fresh lip brush each time. If this ever came in a tube container, it would be a solid 10! Until then I can forgive the packaging. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by sincle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a multi-functional salve. You can use it on your lips, elbows, knees, cuticles, face, any part of your body that is dry, really. I got mine for $5.50 at Bath and Body Works, which is expensive for a lip balm, but keep in mind that it's very versatile. C.O. Bigelow does not test on animals.
Personally, I use this on my lips and cuticles nightly. I slather it on my lips and then apply a thick layer of Vaseline before I go to sleep. It's not still on my lips when I wake up, but they feel nice and hydrated. I've never really had a problem with dry cuticles, but they do look a lot nicer since putting this on my cuticles. I also use it on my elbows when I remember.
The balm has a Vaseline-like texture, but it's actually hydrating, unlike Vaseline, which just locks in moisture. It smells kind of like synthetic flowers, but it's not a bad smell. It just takes a bit of getting used to.
Overall, I think this is a nice product. The only complaint I have is the packaging. It comes in a tin pot, which is unhygenic, but my problem with it is that originally lid just wouldn't stay on! I'd hold it up by the lid and the pot would just slide off. Then I dropped it a few times, dented it a bit, and now the lid has issues coming off. That I blame on myself, but if I hadn't dropped it the lid just wouldn't stay on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

I bought this lip treatment at Bath and Body works for around $5.50. I thought this was expensive for a lip balm but thought I would see what all the hype was. I had read reviews online about this before and people swore by this. I really liked the packaging and that was actually what sold me in the first place. I like that it is very compact and can easily fit into my purse or my jean pocket. I also liked the fact that I only used a small amount and it was enough to smear all of my lips. On the other hand I didn't care for the smell at all (it smelled like something my grandma would wear as a perfume) and it was somewhat greasy. After putting it on I needed a napkin to wipe my finger. All in all, it's preference for each person and it really depends on if you like a lip balm rather than a chap stick and rose fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

This is really the best lip balm ever!

It is a very thick balm with pretty shine and the most moisturizing abilities. I apply this every night and since I am forgetful during the day. This keeps my lips plump and smooth and get rid of dryness/flakes like nothing else.
I've tried other balms and they just don't moisturize as well.

Only thing is I didn't like smell at first but I am used to it after using it for many years. I have tried the strawberry version, and while it does smell better it is more waxy in texture and I prefer this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

Originally I bought this hoping it would be a dupe for my favorite, yet expensive, lip balm: Christian Dior Creme de Rose. The smell of this product is lovely, and very similar to CdR, but the texture was a little less luxurious. As far as lip balms go, its ok; I like it much more than the over hyped Nivea lip butters, but not as much as Nivea milk and honey, and certainly not as much as CdR.

On whim, I decided to rub this on my dry, cracked knuckles and it felt amazing! Within an hour the pain was gone. I've also tried this on my cuticles, as my hands in general have been rough this winter, and it was also great for that! After a cold, I suffered from a very irritated nose from all the tissues; I rubbed this around the area, and it soothed the irritation without making me break out, unlike pain old Vaseline.

Will definitely repurchase, but not really for use on my lips.

P.s. I've also sent the poor tin through the washer and dryer a couple times; its melted of course, but still the same texture, and totally usable! haha

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is tricky for me. I am a sucker for the adorable packaging first of all! I love the scent, the way it applies so thin and silky and it leaves my lips an adorable sheer baby pink. Buuut it doesn't have any lasting power for me. Maybe I can get an hour out of it if I don't drink or eat anything. I have the Smith's rose salve and also the Smith's strawberry one. If I had to pick it'd be the strawberry one for staying power and overall lip healing capabilities but something about the C.O. Bigelow one will probably keep me repurchasing. What can I say? I'm a total shmuck for packaging and all things vintage looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by makaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best lip balm ever, such a life saver. If you're deciding on buying, then go for it. Smells great,looks great, and lasts really long.