October 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product as a lip balm! It's nice and light but leaves my lips feel extremely soft and smooth. I don't use lip products a lot, but this is one I keep in my purse. I especially like to use this in the winter. It does a great job when my lips start to get chapped. I have also used this on my hands and knuckles when they dry out, and it helps to keep the moisture in. I have even tried it on my face with no problems or reactions but always in small amounts. There are a few drawbacks though. It is a bit sticky when you first put on, so hair will stick to your lips, and it makes it difficult to use on skin. The packaging is not the most sanitary either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by kodancerbabeee

This product exceeded my expectations! I bought it expecting an average lip balm, but the packaging was so cute (even though I'm not a fan of tin containers) i figured why not! Well, let me start by telling you why! After just a single use, my lips were SO soft and supple. I couldn't stop rubbing them together! And unlike many other lip products I've used, I never felt like my lips got used to this product, or that it stopped working. Ever since purchasing it, I have started using it daily, and I've seen a huge improvement in my lips, I can't even remember the last time they were chapped! Plus, it smells awesome and has lasted for about five months and I haven't hit pan yet! If you want a product that works-and keeps working, indulge in this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by northernlight

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My daughter gave me this and I love the product but the packaging is th worst! I have a terrible opening the tin:(.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all-time favourite lip balm! I use this only at home since the packaging is super unhygienic. I use Baby Lips when I go out. I bought this on sale at Bath and Body Works and I absolutely love it! I usually put it on before bed and when I wake up, my lips feel so smooth and soft. The scent is okay, I'm not really bothered by it but my friend absolutely hates it. I've used it for a few months now and I'm not even close to hitting pan. I also picked up 2 more for future uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last Christmas for my older sister. I feared she wouldn't like it, as she doesn't like most products from BBW and would go for something more natural, like Burt's Bees. Result? She loves it. I caught her using it a few days ago and she has hit the pan. I asked her if she liked it or not, and she said that it was the only product she uses on her lips now, no more Burt's Bees. She recommended me try it. So I did, and I love it. It has a beautiful rosy smell and just leaves my lips pillowy and soft and has the faintest tint to it. Plus, I can even use it for my cuticles and other places too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by syntheticaesthetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this salve for my cuticles -- I put it on at night and in the morning my fingertips look amazing and hydrated. It's okay for lips but it can feel a bit greasy and sits on your lips. I LOATHE the packaging. It's clunky, and I always have a struggle to open it when it's fully closed (I've had to use pliers once or twice, and if you're trying to reopen it with the salve already on your fingers, forget about it). Overall I think it's a good product for a reasonable price, but I have to always keep the container partially open because trying to pull the lid off and butcher my nails when it's intent to stay closed makes me want to murder someone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this products for a few years and I really like it although it isn't something I can't live without. I prefer to use this around my nail beds and on my cuticles, and on my elbows when they need it. I found that it worked best in those places as opposed to my lips, which felt more greasy than moisturized. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but other than that I feel like it does a fantastic job on the places I use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! Leaves my lips pillow soft and kissable, with a cute (barely noticeable) pinky sheen. It does NOT smell like roses, but more like a pleasant honey vanilla scent. My only gripe (and reason for removing a lippie) is the packaging. It's bulky and kind-of unsanitary unless applying with a fresh lip brush each time. If this ever came in a tube container, it would be a solid 10! Until then I can forgive the packaging. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by sincle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a multi-functional salve. You can use it on your lips, elbows, knees, cuticles, face, any part of your body that is dry, really. I got mine for $5.50 at Bath and Body Works, which is expensive for a lip balm, but keep in mind that it's very versatile. C.O. Bigelow does not test on animals.
Personally, I use this on my lips and cuticles nightly. I slather it on my lips and then apply a thick layer of Vaseline before I go to sleep. It's not still on my lips when I wake up, but they feel nice and hydrated. I've never really had a problem with dry cuticles, but they do look a lot nicer since putting this on my cuticles. I also use it on my elbows when I remember.
The balm has a Vaseline-like texture, but it's actually hydrating, unlike Vaseline, which just locks in moisture. It smells kind of like synthetic flowers, but it's not a bad smell. It just takes a bit of getting used to.
Overall, I think this is a nice product. The only complaint I have is the packaging. It comes in a tin pot, which is unhygenic, but my problem with it is that originally lid just wouldn't stay on! I'd hold it up by the lid and the pot would just slide off. Then I dropped it a few times, dented it a bit, and now the lid has issues coming off. That I blame on myself, but if I hadn't dropped it the lid just wouldn't stay on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

I bought this lip treatment at Bath and Body works for around $5.50. I thought this was expensive for a lip balm but thought I would see what all the hype was. I had read reviews online about this before and people swore by this. I really liked the packaging and that was actually what sold me in the first place. I like that it is very compact and can easily fit into my purse or my jean pocket. I also liked the fact that I only used a small amount and it was enough to smear all of my lips. On the other hand I didn't care for the smell at all (it smelled like something my grandma would wear as a perfume) and it was somewhat greasy. After putting it on I needed a napkin to wipe my finger. All in all, it's preference for each person and it really depends on if you like a lip balm rather than a chap stick and rose fragrance.