C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 1/6/2014 12:32:00 AM

Cannot live without this product. I travel for a living and am faced with daily climate changes which can take a toll on my skin, lips, nails, hair, etc. I apply this to my lips at night and wake up with well-conditioned, healthy-looking lips. My lipstick even glides on beautifully during application. Wish that more retailers would carry it.

on 1/4/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Overpriced scented Vaseline.

on 12/4/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this one before I tried Smith's rosebud. I loved this very much, and since Smith's has a cult following it, I wanted to see what the hype was about (and I was excited because I didn't know how it could get better than this) and many people prefer Smith's to this one. I prefer this one by far. -I like how it smells less like old lady (to be honest I like that but my boyfriend does not) and more sweet and feminine. -I like the moisurization of this better than Smith's, especially when I pile it on at night. I did the same with smiths and it wasn't as good. -the staying power is much better with this. so, If you're confused on whether to get this, or Smith's, I think this is the way to go.

on 11/30/2013 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a lovely memory of giving my mom some Rose Salve for her chapped lips before she died. She loved it so much she had the tin by her bed and each night before she went to sleep she would put some on.

It's not often you get to give something to someone you love that makes them happy and makes their lives better every day. Rose Salve is a treasure.

on 11/30/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. It smells so wonderful and works just as it promises. I'm not huge on the Vaseline in it though seeing as I'm not a fan of petroleum derivatives. With the tin itself, I always struggle with opening it. I've learned to keep the lip pulled up midway (so the lid isn't entirely pushed down) so I have an easier time opening it.

on 11/29/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

At first I was skeptical about buying this from Bath and Body Works while I was browsing there with my little sister. However, she kept insisting that rose salve was something that would help my extremely chapped lips (especially after I went to college), and bought one herself for me to try a bit of. My lips and the skin around it are a lot better than before now (not completely up to normal due to the severity of their condition previously, these things take time and I haven't had rose salve for very long), so I went back to the store and picked one up myself. On top of that, the slight fragrance is not too overwhelming but sweet enough for you to notice when you apply it.

on 11/16/2013 6:26:00 PM

I don't think I could ever be without this product! Anytime my lips feel chapped and flaky, I can just smother this on and my lips are instantly enveloped in this moisturizing goodness. I have also used it for cuticles, and it works well in that way too. The price is great, because this tin will last quite awhile. I'm not such a fan of the packaging, but I always try to keep a mini bottle of hand santizer along with this in my purse so I remember to use the hand sanitizer first and then the the rose salve. It's not perfect, but that's how I make it work.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

so i saw this at bath and body works and I remembered seeing macbarbie07 use this in one of her videos and i was compelled to buy it. the cashier told me and my mom that it was awesome and could heal cuts and such since it was infused with rose petals or something. it does work well and it actually doesn't have a bad taste. it has a vaselline ointment type texture which is kind of gross, but other than that, i do like it. it was $5.50 so it's worth it with the amount of product you get

on 10/22/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My absolute favorite lip balm. I buy about six at a time, and I keep one in my purse, on the nightstand, by the sink, on my desk. I use it on my lips, cuticles, elbows and knees. It has the sweetest softest rose scent. The only drawback is sometimes the lid gets stuck. I've had a few I've had to exchange because they simply refuse to open. Other than that, I love it, I'm never without it, and it's wet way better than Smiths brand, even though it's more popular.

on 9/10/2013 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this product as a lip balm! It's nice and light but leaves my lips feel extremely soft and smooth. I don't use lip products a lot, but this is one I keep in my purse. I especially like to use this in the winter. It does a great job when my lips start to get chapped. I have also used this on my hands and knuckles when they dry out, and it helps to keep the moisture in. I have even tried it on my face with no problems or reactions but always in small amounts. There are a few drawbacks though. It is a bit sticky when you first put on, so hair will stick to your lips, and it makes it difficult to use on skin. The packaging is not the most sanitary either.

Popular Lip Treatments