January 31, 2015 | 2047 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Mylar

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted something close to my skintone,but lighter and without alot of shimmer and frost,but not matte.I'm very fair and this matched close enough.It goes on more sheer than what I would have liked and it can sometimes go on blotchy(I wear TFSI).This shadow is quite "powdery".It workes okay,but two lippies only because I have found that for around $12 cheaper there is something better.CoverGirl's eyeshadow single in French Vanilla.I wish I could return Mylar,but I can't.Oh well,my loss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yikes, judging from the reviews it seems like I would have hated this but I love it. Maybe I just got lucky? I find it is very similar to Blanc Type in tone but of course the finish is Satin. I really enjoy Satin, it is one of my favorites behind Starflash and Veluxe Pearl.

Anyway, this is excellent as a tearduct or highlight. It isn't stark white which I feel looks unnatural on me. Don't get me wrong, white (i.e. Gesso) has its place, but I reserve something like that for going out (which I don't do often now that I'm pushing 35).

Back to Mylar...it is a beautiful creamy everyday color. It is easy to work with and I highly recommend adding it to your collection! I will buy this again and again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for an off white to use to blend colors into my brow-bone and skin and this one is great. It really doesn't have much color pay off, so used as a white eyeshadow you probably wont be too satisfied, but I put on a pretty heavy hand of darker eyeshadow and use a large eyeshadow brush with mylar on it to buff out the color so it blends seamlessly. works well and you end up looking polished and pretty instead of a bright white disco ball.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by NicoleHenjum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really can't make up my mind about this. One day I love it, and the next I hate it. It doens't have good pay off at all, but sometimes thats a good thing, when your going for more of a natural look. But most of the time I like highlighters with a little more intensity. I use it much, but I can't say I love it or hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute must-have eyeshadow. It's the best shade I've found to highlight my brow, the inner corners of my eyes, and lower lash line. I also sometimes use it on my cupid's bow. The texture is perfect...not too matte but not shimmery. It's a true satin finish. The color is a true creamy white that's not harsh at all. It's not as yellow as an ivory but not a stark white. Love it and am never without it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I am a bit disapointed from that one... I can barely see it (and I put primer & beige paint under), not a big color payoff. However, I wanted a non-shimmery nor frosted shadow for highlight... I guess that I got what I wanted... It's pretty matte!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It is absolutely perfect on my skin as a brow highlighter. It is kinda shimmery so I only use it as a night time/evening look. Not very pigmented so I have to use a bit more to make it show up. Does not look chalky on my skin. Will be repurchasing when and if I do run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by mistyct

I love to use matte creamy colored shades for a brow bone highlighter. I dont like shimmery brow bone highlighters so this is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this as a highlight and good as a base color. Great for everyday wear. I also use this to neutralize/blend some colors when the color is too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is ok, white color, basic. Looks bit chalky on me. I have actually found my HG white and it is Paula Dorf Strapless. This is quite sheer one also.