April 21, 2014 | 1353 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Mylar

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by piggles01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Someone said it in a prior review: you must be pale to appreciate this eyeshadow. This is the lightest flesh-toned shadow that MAC sells. It's a creamy-white bone color. Its the alabaster shade of their permanant line. The obvious application for this is as a natural and neutral highlighter for very fair skin. And when I say fair, I mean fair as in MAC foundations are too dark for you. In fact, I purchased this shade after trying on all of their lighter flesh-toned shades while searching for a highlighter that suited my too-light-for-their-foundation skin tone. Everything else looked too dark and muddy.
The color can be found elsewhere but the advantage with this eyeshadow is the Satin finish, which catches the light just right -- not chalky like a matte and not too shiny like a frost.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted something close to my skintone,but lighter and without alot of shimmer and frost,but not matte.I'm very fair and this matched close enough.It goes on more sheer than what I would have liked and it can sometimes go on blotchy(I wear TFSI).This shadow is quite "powdery".It workes okay,but two lippies only because I have found that for around $12 cheaper there is something better.CoverGirl's eyeshadow single in French Vanilla.I wish I could return Mylar,but I can't.Oh well,my loss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yikes, judging from the reviews it seems like I would have hated this but I love it. Maybe I just got lucky? I find it is very similar to Blanc Type in tone but of course the finish is Satin. I really enjoy Satin, it is one of my favorites behind Starflash and Veluxe Pearl.

Anyway, this is excellent as a tearduct or highlight. It isn't stark white which I feel looks unnatural on me. Don't get me wrong, white (i.e. Gesso) has its place, but I reserve something like that for going out (which I don't do often now that I'm pushing 35).

Back to Mylar...it is a beautiful creamy everyday color. It is easy to work with and I highly recommend adding it to your collection! I will buy this again and again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for an off white to use to blend colors into my brow-bone and skin and this one is great. It really doesn't have much color pay off, so used as a white eyeshadow you probably wont be too satisfied, but I put on a pretty heavy hand of darker eyeshadow and use a large eyeshadow brush with mylar on it to buff out the color so it blends seamlessly. works well and you end up looking polished and pretty instead of a bright white disco ball.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by NicoleHenjum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really can't make up my mind about this. One day I love it, and the next I hate it. It doens't have good pay off at all, but sometimes thats a good thing, when your going for more of a natural look. But most of the time I like highlighters with a little more intensity. I use it much, but I can't say I love it or hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute must-have eyeshadow. It's the best shade I've found to highlight my brow, the inner corners of my eyes, and lower lash line. I also sometimes use it on my cupid's bow. The texture is perfect...not too matte but not shimmery. It's a true satin finish. The color is a true creamy white that's not harsh at all. It's not as yellow as an ivory but not a stark white. Love it and am never without it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I am a bit disapointed from that one... I can barely see it (and I put primer & beige paint under), not a big color payoff. However, I wanted a non-shimmery nor frosted shadow for highlight... I guess that I got what I wanted... It's pretty matte!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It is absolutely perfect on my skin as a brow highlighter. It is kinda shimmery so I only use it as a night time/evening look. Not very pigmented so I have to use a bit more to make it show up. Does not look chalky on my skin. Will be repurchasing when and if I do run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by mistyct

I love to use matte creamy colored shades for a brow bone highlighter. I dont like shimmery brow bone highlighters so this is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this as a highlight and good as a base color. Great for everyday wear. I also use this to neutralize/blend some colors when the color is too much.