October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lustreglass - Lustrewhite

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 8:04:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Clear lipgloss with a flurry of sparkles.Good for over lipsticks to add a Lustreglass look to them,but I find myself ever reaching for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2005 11:58:00 AM More reviews by rodream20

Absolutely beautiful...looks like millions of tiny diamonds/jewels on the lips...my HG lusterglass...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by DANIEDOLL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this over the weekend & couldn't be happier! Lustrewhite is such a magical fairy type of icy glossy look. It is so much prettier then Snow Girl & can be worn alone or layered over pale lipsticks for an ethereal type of look. LustreWhite is a pale, whiteish shimmery pearl type of color w/ tiny diamond color glitter in it. It is GORGEOUS over pale pink or peachy color lipsticks. I put this over Sandy B peach frost lipstick & it looked fantastic. It also looked great over Poetic License peachy-pink lipglass. This is honestly a must have in MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2005 11:54:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's difficult for a clear lipgloss to distinguish itself, but Lustrewhite does!
I love the texture(sticky and emollient, but not as syrup-y as Lipglass), the "color"(cloudy white in the tube, but crystal-clear and super shiny/sparkly on lips), and the packaging(no sponge applicator here, but a convenient built-in brush).
To top it off, Lustrewhite stays moist and comfortable on the lips for a long time.
The flavor/smell is a pleasant, not cloying, vanilla. I can't think of a single negative about Lustrewhite.
I consider this the ultimate clear lip gloss, and will definitely buy again. I tried a cheaper clear gloss from Avon when Lustrewhite was out of stock, and it was no where near as wonderful.

At least in this case, you get what you pay for. 5+++++++++++++++

SAD NOTE: As of late spring/early summer 2006, my beloved "Lustrewhite" seems to have gotten the dreaded MAC axe.

HOWEVER, I tried "Snowgirl" Lipglass, and it's fairly similar, especially if you switch its sponge applicator with your last "Lustrewhite's" brush. The Lipglass caps and the Lustreglass caps are interchangeable!

I love "Snowgirl," but I still wish they'd bring "Lustrewhite back!
FURTHER NOTE JULY 24, 2007:MAC brought "Lustrewhite" back this year, and I just ordered my second tube!

I actually had a difficult time choosing between "Lustrewhite" and "Snowgirl," because my Inner Broad likes the larger, flashier glitter of "Snowgirl," but in the end the Lustreglass formula + brush won out. I can always add more sparkle, if I want. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2005 6:29:00 AM More reviews by LadyVader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. Its just clear lustre with glitter. so simple, but I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2005 1:26:00 AM More reviews by FlipFlop47

I am so impressed with Lustreglass! Less tacky than lipglass with the same awesome shine! I ordered Lustrewhite online and expected it to be a milky white color. Instead, it is clear with shimmer. It's a definite replacement for clear lipglass. Looks great alone or over just about anything!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bambaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new everyday mom at the playground lipgloss. I am a MMM (NC35) w/brown eyes and hair. This gives my lips a beautiful sheen that looks polished, but not garish. I was afraid of the shimmer at first, but it is very subtle, and the texture is not goopy or glittery. Great by itself or on top of any lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by brazenberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a sheer gloss with hints of shimmer. Very pretty to coat over other colors or wear alone. This doesn't have any pigmentation on my lips other than a shiny wet shimmer look. A nice staple to have in your set.

C40 - GGG

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 4:27:00 PM More reviews by brandi17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a really nice gloss. This is what I was hoping for when I got "snowgirl" but that wasn't what I wanted. This lustreglass is basically a clear lipgloss with some diamondy glitter in it. It's very subtle.. not like snowgirl where the glitter is red. I totally reccomend this as an everyday lipgloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Very pretty clear gloss with a serious golden glitter quotient. And it's easy enough to make your own if you already have MAC's Reflects Gold glitter. I'm 100% sure that's what they used to make Lustrewhite.