Sephora Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

on 12/31/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had this liner in Khaki Glitter for about a year, and I have to say, I really love it. I sort of stashed it away in my makeup kit for a few months and forgot about it when I was going through my "I only wear black liner until they make something darker" phase, but now that I'm feeling saucy and colorful again, I decided to give this a whirl when I rediscovered it in my bag of liners.
And I'm glad I did.
I layer this over the KVD Tattoo Liner in Trooper and it looks GORGEOUS! It gives this incredible foil-like glitter effect on my lash line, which really makes my light brown eyes POP!
Creating a sharp wing is no challenge - the felt tip on this liner comes to an incredibly fine point and is flexible enough to not cause streakiness in how the product applies.
I find I get a full day's wear out of this liner. Once it's on, it's on until you remove it with an oil-based makeup remover (or in my case, jojoba or extra virgin olive oil). I have cried like a baby while wearing this liner and it still stays put.
The packaging is terrific. The shape of it is quite common of most liquid liners, and the color-coordinated cap is quite true to the color of the product inside. As I mentioned, the felt applicator is VERY fine-pointed while still flexible, so it gives great control. Normally, I prefer a fine brush tip, but this works quite well for me.
Price-wise, it's a bit of a steal at $12. Definitely worth checking out!

on 12/27/2013 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was a little hesitant to purchase this since I've always been liquid liner challenged. The thought of having to remove all of my eye makeup because of screwing up a stupid line has always scared me. However, this liner has made me get over my fear. It is super easy to use, and the black is really dark and dramatic. And it LASTS. I woke up from a drunk night and the only thing perfectly intact on my face was this product. Love!

on 8/27/2013 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Looooooooooooove this eyeliner! By far my favorite liquid! Love the way the finish on it looks (almost velvety and sultry)! Will definitely purchase again!

on 7/28/2013 1:20:00 AM

I used this for a few years and its... eh. The bad things are that this eyeliner dries pretty slowly and I have to fan my eyes for a few minutes to speed it up. It dries very chalky looking and the brush is almost too thin. I know its not marketed as a waterproof mascara, but if it gets even the tiniest bit wet it slides around and makes a huge mess. The good thing is that it doesn't flake off when I curl my eyelashes, as many eyeliners of mine do. The price is good for Sephora, around $10. Its not that bad, Id use it in a pinch.

on 7/28/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff. It's really easy to put on and it stays in place. I love the different colors. I have gold, and had the purple until it ran out. It lasted me about a year.

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I am currently on my second bottle of this stuff... I love it! I find the brush very easy to use and very precise. I can never get pen liquid liners to work for me, but this is the best! It isn't waterproof though, and sometimes just putting in eyedrops can cause it to smudge. It stays all day unless it gets wet, so I just avoid using this during allergy season. Until I find a waterproof liquid with a similar brush though, I am keeping this in my stash.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is specifically for the shade Glitter Taupe, which has been discontinued. I am heartbroken, because in Glitter Taupe I had found the PERFECT product to achieve a neutral smokey eye. For about 3 years this was a daily staple for me (I used it to rim/smudge around the inside corner and just under my eyes). Now all I've got is a mostly dried up felt pen and I can't even bring myself to throw it away. I've been using Glitter Khaki as a substitute, but it's way too dark and glittery to really work. Why, Sephora, WHY?

on 6/4/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is the only liquid eyeliner I use, that's how much I love it! The applicator was a tiny bit tricky to use at first but with a bit of practice it was very easy. The colours are well-pigmented and long-lasting.There isn't a wide selection of colours but the ones that do exist are very good. The price is also reasonable compared to some of the other ones in Sephora which, in my opinion, are priced based on their brand name and not their quality. To sum up, I highly recommend this product!

The color and finish is lovely. The applicator is simple and easy to use. BUT. And it's a BIG BUT.... If you sweat or live in a humid climate this is going to smudge ALOT. I made the mistake of wearing it to a friend's wedding in Bali, and I kid you not- I looked like a RACOON! Not a happy camper. I had bought the other colors (at the same time i got the black color) because they looked so nice - they also ofcourse smudge and fade. I definitely would not repurchase. Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice ......

on 4/11/2013 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeliner. My HG eyeliner!! it goes on super dark and dries matt which is what i love!
the only thing about it is that it does not come off that easy. You do need a strong eye makeup remover. Other than that i have nothing bad to say about it. Will buy again.