Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 6/13/2012 11:47:00 PM

Considering this came from Philosophy, not even a brand parfume producer, it is a quite decent product.

on 5/26/2012 6:22:00 AM

first there is a big diffrence between the perfume (which i didn't like) to the cologne.
i'm reviewing the cologne which i liked very much, and it cost half the price.
another thing, i can it around here, only through the web, so i recommend to get from strawbberynet, since i got a bottle of this from ebay that smells a bit different.
first when i got it i wasn't too impressed, since it's very clean musky, "nothing speciel" kind of smell.
but it really did grows on me, and i feel really good wearing it,
if you have the shampoo it's a double party :)
anyway i reccomend this only to people who like it quite smells, nothing sweet, and overing power, cause this smell is just pure on his base,
sutible for a everyday use.

on 5/18/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really love anything amazing grace!!! i have bought this scent over and over again

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For years I've had this perfume on my wish list. However, everytime I would go to buy it, I would have second thoughts. The reviews seemed to be mixed on this perfume, many people saying the formula isn't what it used to be. This passed weekend I managed to score this lovely bottle at a garage sale for .25. Yes ... TWENTY FIVE cents! (And brand new in box might I add!) Needless to say I didn't feel guilty plopping down a quarter for it!
The packaging is cute. I've seen a few reviews where people mention it's very plain. I must be a plain type of gal - because I think the packaging is sleek/chic looking. If you're looking for a perfume bottle that is an accent piece to display, then obviously I would look over this one. The bottle is small enough, that I can easily fit it in my purse for mid-day touch ups.
Which comes to my next point ... touch-ups. Whether it's the chemistry the formula has with my skin, or just the simple fact that this perfume has no staying power ... touch-ups are a must for me. Normally I will always get a mid-day sniff with most of my perfumes, but this one seems to go away after an hour or so. It still leaves a subtle clean, fresh, powdery scent on my skin but has no staying power on my clothes or even in my hair. Come lunch time I usually have to add a few more spritzes. Which dissappoints me in a way - even though I purchased the bottle for .25, I can't imagine paying full price and having to do this many touch-ups.
The smell .. is odd, but in a good way? I actually apply this to me first thing when I get up. The smell at first is overwhelming (to me atleast) and it takes a good 5-10 minutes for it to set into my skin and actually smell decent. When it does finally settle, the comes off as a 'just been washed' smell. My husband told me it reminds him of laundry that been hung out to air dry in the country. (LoL)
All in all, I think the product is decent. It's a good "work" day scent for me, not something I would choose for a night out. It's also not something I'm sure I would repurchase for myself once my bottle is gone, but always something I will love to get as a gift.

on 3/28/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great everyday type scent. As others have said, I wish it lasted a little longer but it really is lovely and clean smelling. It's my "fresh out of the shower" scent... reminds me of a finely milled French floral soap. Very pretty! I actually got a special edition holiday bottle with peachy-pink frosted glass and shimmery sparkles all along the bottom of it. Dresses it up a bit;)

on 2/14/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

doesn't last very long but with that said - it's one of the best scents created IMO - sexy, warm, a little floral - yummm

on 2/14/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

been avoiding this for YEARS, thinking it was probably nothing special, spray it on me at Ulta yesterday and OMG I have been depriving myself of this for how long now??? its amazing. It was kinda floral at first and I am not a floral fan but it was a good kinda floral then it turned really beachy, and I love beachy scent, this would be fantastic for summer time, I want this NOW!!!!!!!!!

on 1/2/2012 2:11:00 AM

Completely agree with Audreyrub - it's not the same. Amazing Grace was a beautiful light lovely compelling fragrance that I just loved and used up. I bought a new bottle two months ago. I smell overwhelming citrus and only a vague hint of what I originally liked plus a hint of burning diesel. My nose didn't lie to me, This is NOT Amazing Grace any longer, not even close.

on 12/30/2011 8:49:00 AM

I have worn, and loved this perfume in the past and have always, always, gotten tons of compliments on it. I ran out of my last bottle and decided to get a new one. Clearly they have changed their product. It smells wonderful when I first put it on, but I feel like I have to use a lot. Despite this, it wears off within 30 min. I used to get tons of compliments, but now no one can smell it. For the expense, you should be able to smell perfume for more than a matter of minutes. This stuff used to last all day!! I have contacted Philosphy to complain. I'm annoyed at the idea of spending the non-refundable shipping fees to return this, and every more frutrated that one of my favorite scents is gone now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've worn Amazing Grace for over ten years. It's always been an enhancement to my life, so light and feminine and comfortable and just-right. My husband brought home a new bottle today from Sephora, and it's just awful. What was once a beautifully crafted floral with a touch of musk is now a cheap and common scent. I'm devastated. What do I do now, go back to wearing Jean Nate??

Popular Fragrances