December 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great everyday type scent. As others have said, I wish it lasted a little longer but it really is lovely and clean smelling. It's my "fresh out of the shower" scent... reminds me of a finely milled French floral soap. Very pretty! I actually got a special edition holiday bottle with peachy-pink frosted glass and shimmery sparkles all along the bottom of it. Dresses it up a bit;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

doesn't last very long but with that said - it's one of the best scents created IMO - sexy, warm, a little floral - yummm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

been avoiding this for YEARS, thinking it was probably nothing special, spray it on me at Ulta yesterday and OMG I have been depriving myself of this for how long now??? its amazing. It was kinda floral at first and I am not a floral fan but it was a good kinda floral then it turned really beachy, and I love beachy scent, this would be fantastic for summer time, I want this NOW!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by kaycees

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Completely agree with Audreyrub - it's not the same. Amazing Grace was a beautiful light lovely compelling fragrance that I just loved and used up. I bought a new bottle two months ago. I smell overwhelming citrus and only a vague hint of what I originally liked plus a hint of burning diesel. My nose didn't lie to me, This is NOT Amazing Grace any longer, not even close.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by audreyrub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have worn, and loved this perfume in the past and have always, always, gotten tons of compliments on it. I ran out of my last bottle and decided to get a new one. Clearly they have changed their product. It smells wonderful when I first put it on, but I feel like I have to use a lot. Despite this, it wears off within 30 min. I used to get tons of compliments, but now no one can smell it. For the expense, you should be able to smell perfume for more than a matter of minutes. This stuff used to last all day!! I have contacted Philosphy to complain. I'm annoyed at the idea of spending the non-refundable shipping fees to return this, and every more frutrated that one of my favorite scents is gone now.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by FlorenceMartha

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've worn Amazing Grace for over ten years. It's always been an enhancement to my life, so light and feminine and comfortable and just-right. My husband brought home a new bottle today from Sephora, and it's just awful. What was once a beautifully crafted floral with a touch of musk is now a cheap and common scent. I'm devastated. What do I do now, go back to wearing Jean Nate??

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by geofflazy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used this product for over 10 years and then the formula changes. What was a lovely fresh scent now has a bitter drydown smell. Smells 'off'. The light musk smell used to linger on my clothes and i used to receive so many compliments. New formula - nothing. Looking for a HG fragrance. Anyone know an alternative???

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Two words: Heady, Ugh!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been buying this for my mom the past couple of years, because she loves the scent and uses the lotion like mad. I love the way this smells in the bottle, but it settles strangely on me and I've heard others say the same. My grandmother can wear it also with no problem. It just winds up smelling waaaaaay too strong on me, and I'm a girl who likes heavy oriental and powdery scents so I can handle a lot. ;) The sharpness of this is what makes it smell good on others and terrible on me. So the point of this review is that I encourage other people to buy it and wear it so that I can enjoy it, I guess.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Thewhitefeather

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Here is a perfect example of what a great advertising and promotion team can do for you! You have a runaway fragrance here that is pleasant enough and quite wearable. On the other hand, and at the risk of rankling the feathers those who rise to the fight when terms like "little old lady" pop up, this fragrance smells like "little girl perfume". (And really now, is there a difference in calling out "old lady" vs. "little girl"?) So, my apologies for the gender/age comment (slur if you wish, although I beg to differ) but this Amazing Grace smells like what I would expect to find at a discount variety store where everything is "Just A Dollar" and they're pushing an end cap venue this week of: "be-all-grown-up-and-have-your-very-own-first-fragrance". A little sweet, a little light and oh (!) so very overpriced and over hyped for what it is. Smells like a little girl. Nothing wrong with that, I'd just prefer to spend my money on something a bit more interesting, what with me being antique, and all.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No