Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 9/26/2012 12:59:00 AM

i fell in love with this perfume a LONG time ago (10years or so) and it breaks my heart to say unless they go back to the original formula i will NEVER buy it again....i had read reviews about the company being sold to coty and the fragrance was not the same...why didn't i listen? i feel like i just threw away my money...there is no scent after you spray AT ALL and the bottle sprays out a much larger amount than it used to...i've had my bottle only two weeks and its almost a quarter gone..and i don't even smell good...i used to get compliments all the time on how good i smelled and the fragrance would linger after i was in a space..now nothing..ZERO BUPKISS please learn from my stupidity and do not buy this again,if you used to it is literally nothing but a total waste of your money...it makes me want to boycot the whole company...how dumb do they think consumers are to not notice a total lack of smell..when it used to be phenomenal and now it SUCKS...sorry this is so long and run on but,i am very frustrated..to have nothing to show for my hard earned money..and shame on them...especially in this economy...frankly any economy...

on 6/13/2012 11:47:00 PM

Considering this came from Philosophy, not even a brand parfume producer, it is a quite decent product.

on 5/26/2012 6:22:00 AM

first there is a big diffrence between the perfume (which i didn't like) to the cologne.
i'm reviewing the cologne which i liked very much, and it cost half the price.
another thing, i can it around here, only through the web, so i recommend to get from strawbberynet, since i got a bottle of this from ebay that smells a bit different.
first when i got it i wasn't too impressed, since it's very clean musky, "nothing speciel" kind of smell.
but it really did grows on me, and i feel really good wearing it,
if you have the shampoo it's a double party :)
anyway i reccomend this only to people who like it quite smells, nothing sweet, and overing power, cause this smell is just pure on his base,
sutible for a everyday use.

on 5/18/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really love anything amazing grace!!! i have bought this scent over and over again

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For years I've had this perfume on my wish list. However, everytime I would go to buy it, I would have second thoughts. The reviews seemed to be mixed on this perfume, many people saying the formula isn't what it used to be. This passed weekend I managed to score this lovely bottle at a garage sale for .25. Yes ... TWENTY FIVE cents! (And brand new in box might I add!) Needless to say I didn't feel guilty plopping down a quarter for it!
The packaging is cute. I've seen a few reviews where people mention it's very plain. I must be a plain type of gal - because I think the packaging is sleek/chic looking. If you're looking for a perfume bottle that is an accent piece to display, then obviously I would look over this one. The bottle is small enough, that I can easily fit it in my purse for mid-day touch ups.
Which comes to my next point ... touch-ups. Whether it's the chemistry the formula has with my skin, or just the simple fact that this perfume has no staying power ... touch-ups are a must for me. Normally I will always get a mid-day sniff with most of my perfumes, but this one seems to go away after an hour or so. It still leaves a subtle clean, fresh, powdery scent on my skin but has no staying power on my clothes or even in my hair. Come lunch time I usually have to add a few more spritzes. Which dissappoints me in a way - even though I purchased the bottle for .25, I can't imagine paying full price and having to do this many touch-ups.
The smell .. is odd, but in a good way? I actually apply this to me first thing when I get up. The smell at first is overwhelming (to me atleast) and it takes a good 5-10 minutes for it to set into my skin and actually smell decent. When it does finally settle, the comes off as a 'just been washed' smell. My husband told me it reminds him of laundry that been hung out to air dry in the country. (LoL)
All in all, I think the product is decent. It's a good "work" day scent for me, not something I would choose for a night out. It's also not something I'm sure I would repurchase for myself once my bottle is gone, but always something I will love to get as a gift.

on 3/28/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great everyday type scent. As others have said, I wish it lasted a little longer but it really is lovely and clean smelling. It's my "fresh out of the shower" scent... reminds me of a finely milled French floral soap. Very pretty! I actually got a special edition holiday bottle with peachy-pink frosted glass and shimmery sparkles all along the bottom of it. Dresses it up a bit;)

on 2/14/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

doesn't last very long but with that said - it's one of the best scents created IMO - sexy, warm, a little floral - yummm

on 2/14/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

been avoiding this for YEARS, thinking it was probably nothing special, spray it on me at Ulta yesterday and OMG I have been depriving myself of this for how long now??? its amazing. It was kinda floral at first and I am not a floral fan but it was a good kinda floral then it turned really beachy, and I love beachy scent, this would be fantastic for summer time, I want this NOW!!!!!!!!!

on 1/2/2012 2:11:00 AM

Completely agree with Audreyrub - it's not the same. Amazing Grace was a beautiful light lovely compelling fragrance that I just loved and used up. I bought a new bottle two months ago. I smell overwhelming citrus and only a vague hint of what I originally liked plus a hint of burning diesel. My nose didn't lie to me, This is NOT Amazing Grace any longer, not even close.

on 12/30/2011 8:49:00 AM

I have worn, and loved this perfume in the past and have always, always, gotten tons of compliments on it. I ran out of my last bottle and decided to get a new one. Clearly they have changed their product. It smells wonderful when I first put it on, but I feel like I have to use a lot. Despite this, it wears off within 30 min. I used to get tons of compliments, but now no one can smell it. For the expense, you should be able to smell perfume for more than a matter of minutes. This stuff used to last all day!! I have contacted Philosphy to complain. I'm annoyed at the idea of spending the non-refundable shipping fees to return this, and every more frutrated that one of my favorite scents is gone now.

Popular Fragrances