Bourjois Liner Feutre - 11 Noir

3.2

on 12/22/2011 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Dried out so fast, sometimes works sometimes doesnt. Not smooth or insanely pigmented. If you rub it with your finger it will smudge off. Nah. Not for me. Somemore i paid 24 Sing dollars for this... on SALE!! Ridiculous. When i check Asos now it sells for 6 pounds..which is 12 sing dollars. Damn.

on 12/13/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my first liquid liner and I really wanted to like it but It just didn't work for me. The packaging is pen-like, nice and slim and the tip reminds me of a pointed marker. Unfortunately the tip seemed to dry out within 4-5 uses. I usually store my eyeliners lying down but when I realised this was drying out, I tried storing it vertically with the tip pointing downwards trying to make the liquid flow down to the tip. But it was still dry. I could only manage to line one eye with it until it dried up. I'm not sure if I got a bad one but I probably won't be repurchasing.
On the other hand, the colour was a true black and it was a long lasting liner but didn't really glide on as smooth as I had hoped.

on 11/25/2011 11:22:00 AM

A total letdown, especially seeing as the price is not exactly cheap either. It took a long time before the eyeliner liquid was able to flow smoothly through the felt-tip, but all it takes is one day with the lid not tightly closed to waste the entire bottle (the liquid sort of dried out and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to flow through the tip) When applied the colour is not very intense, I had to go over an area a few times to get a solidl black streak.

It cost me $23.90 and since then I've found way better ones that cost less than that. For certain a one-time purchase.

on 11/20/2011 2:44:00 PM

I really like this - one of my favourite felt tip liners, and I have tried a few. I have the 24h Ultra Black version and it is really black. It wears all day and night without smudging - I even wore it to a foam party with no issues!
My only issues is that the nib may be a teensy bit stiff, not too bad but I can't just whack it on and go. I'm not a master of application though so the fault is probably 50/50.
Price-wise it's great and I love the wear on it, this outweighs the negative by far!

on 7/4/2011 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this without having the luxury of trying it on first. Boujois was all very deeply discounted at Ulta and the testers were missing on many of the items. But these were only around $3 so I bought two, since I use a liquid pretty much every day.

But unfortunately, that was a big waste of money. These just do not compare to other HE ones I am used to using (Napoleon Perdis, LORAC). The pigmentation on these is TERRIBLE. These are supposed to be black and they are a runny grey color, no opacity whatsoever.

Learned my lesson about buying something I've never used before just because it was on sale.

UPDATE: I left these pen side down in my caddy and it seems like all they needed was a bit of time to mix the pigments up again. Its still not as great as the more expensive ones I have used and even when compared to pen liners from Wet and Wild or Essence, these still aren't up to par. But I'm at least happy that these won't go to waste for me.

on 6/19/2011 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't think this liner was too bad. It didn't smudge or fade throughout the day, but I found the felt-tip applicator hard to work with. (As is it is quite stiff and hard to glide over my eyes properly). It's not the most intense black that I've come across and will usually have to go over the area twice to achieve the look that I am going for. Not watery, but has an uneven application.

on 3/19/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I really like this eyeliner, I generally rotate my eye-liners on a weekly basis (Clinique Cream Liner, MAC Fluidline,L'Oreal Superliner) I found that the MAC Fluidline was starting to dry out,the Clinique Cream Liner had the tendency to sort of smudge/migrate towards my outer lower lashline and the L'Oreal was a glossy finish, I wanted a matte finish eyeliner so I bought this and it did a fantastic job of staying put!, My only concern was the process of applying it, sometimes it would stop flowing and on many occasions I found myself panicking as I thought it was nearly finished!, Other than that, it is comparable to MAC Penultimate eyeliner.

on 2/12/2011 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This eyeliner pen a bit of a waste of money. Although it's a rather clever idea and appears to save you a bit of time and fuss, you're still much better off getting a regular gel or liquid liner on all of those aspects.

So far, it's like using a really bad pen that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it works, it's good (not great). The tip is precise which I like. But it stops flowing liner liquid suddenly. Trying to getting to flow again it a pain and a waste of time. It makes it easier to make smudges and mistakes when it's half working. And scratchy when it doesn't have much product on the tip...

The liner does smudge. I find it is a few leagues below the good gel liners like BB.

It's a good idea. But it just doesn't work well. I think Shu have a similar one but with a clicker which I think is an improvement on the idea.

I rarely want to throw something out before I've used it up: either I like something and use it happily or hate something and use it up out of pity (or, keep it and hide it somewhere). But I was was very close to chucking this pen out as it's just really infuriating to use. I think I'll try and find another use for it though...not figured out what yet.

on 1/11/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I prefer a felt-tip style liner - it's not worth trying the brush! - and because Bourjois generally has quite a good reputation.
Pros: This liner did do the trick, it looks nice on, it's not too dark or imposing on the eyelid and I thought it didn't smudge, and it is easy to apply with the pen style.
Cons: The pen seemed to dry out pretty quickly. I leave the cap on tight and store it facing downwards, yet this morning was only the fourth or fifth time I'd used it and I found I had to shake it downwards like an actual pen it get it going again, which really puts me off.
Perhaps this is a coincidence or a bad one, but I would just try something else next time!

on 11/10/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow this is a TERRIBLE liquid liner, i don't know how others find it does not smudge because it does. The felt tip is ok but really this does not last, if i swatch it on my hand I can rub half of it off and the rest comes off with just a little water. Terrible terrible terrible