September 19, 2014 | 1038 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just couldn't get this to work for me. The colors never ever match my skin tone, even though I tried everything from ivory to light beige, and when applied it looks overly powdery and cakey. The packaging is too small and hard to open, but what can you expect for a dollar? I'd rather buy my avon powder for eight dollars. Still cheap, and such an amazing translucent powder. Although this is dog cheap, will not repurchase. Oh, and it also leaves a funny circular shape on your face from the roughness of the applicator. Yikes!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue buying this product because its affordable, light coverage, and easy to travel in my purse with. I use it over concealer and foundation. Or concealer alone. It is great for just those two methods. I can dust it across with a fluffy brush or buff it in with a flat top brush. I recommend this for people who have acne scarring if you moisturizer, prime, conceal/ foundation and pat this on top. Nice product!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by MissMustache1397

Since it was only a dollar, i thought i'd give it a try. When i first put it on, i thought it was my miracle product. It matched my skin tone almost perfectly, and it covers pretty well. A few hours later, though, i looked in the mirror and it was gone. It's definitely not sweat or water proof. Unfortunately, the search for the perfect powder continues.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by EsDawet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to admit that the first reason I buy this pressed powder because it's cheap, very cheap, since it comes with small puff. Though I cannot complain its fragile packaging, the quality of the product is no different with the low price. Cheap price, cheap packaging, cheap quality too.
First application actually impressed me because it was easy to blend. I found nothing to complain at this stage. Less than 2 hours, my face started to get oily and oilier. This pressed powder seemed to increase the production of natural oils on my face than any other drugstore pressed powders (e.g. Maybelline). Without reapplying it, the powder was completely gone from my face in less than 4 hours! My face looked bare with a lot of oils. And to make it worse, it caused breakout too. I got new red bumps and whiteheads before cleansing my face at the first day of testing this powder.
it is certainly not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by klpalmz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product and was not pleased with it at all. Instead of using the applicator that they gave you, I decided to try and use the elf powder brush. I literally had to scrape the brush across the powder to get any pigment at all. I don't think I'd repurchase this again. But hey, it's only $1, maybe it'll work for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by elledrose

The price is good, I bought this to mattify my face but after like 5 minutes it's shiny again, and I don't even have oily skin? I got it in the lightest color and it comes out a little yellowish but it's okay because my skin needs some color. It's not the best but it's very cheap so if you need a cheap powder i'd recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Drealove14

Guess ill have to retry this product since last time i tried it I was like 15. Hopefully I won't break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by l3th4rgic

I bought this about a month ago because I had never used a powder before. This being $1, I thought I could start out with something small. It also caught my attention because it said it would protect against acne and whatnot. After using it for a while, I started breaking out. A lot. My skin was fine beforehand, but now it's just horrible. Especially on my left cheek. It's really embarrassing now that people are pointing it out. I'd never buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of powder one day and picked this up for $1 as a quick/cheap replacement. I have been pleasantly surprised by this. I have it in Ivory and it suits my shade fairly well and it has helped clear up my skin a little too. It is small (but its $1 so that's fine!) so it easily slides into a pocket and goes with you anywhere. It comes with a little puff and I do use it when I'm on the go rather than taking a brush. It works fine for me as long as I pat the powder on my face with the puff rather than trying to rub/swipe it across the skin. It doesn't provide a lot of coverage, but like I said, I use it for touch ups or days when I don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup so that it works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by shabbus

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've just started using powder as part of my regular routine. The first one I tried was suggested to me by the SA at Nordstrom's (MAC Studio Fix, I think. I know that it was more than $24). I wanted something to keep in my purse in case I needed to touch up, and picked up the E.L.F. powder at Target for $1.

I haven't touched the MAC powder since.

I haven't used any powder other than this. I love the texture, I love the color and I really, really love the price. The packaging is just fine for a buck, but nothing you'd want to keep on your dressing table. You don't get a huge amount, but that means a smaller overall size and that works great for a purse or travel. It even comes with a puff, but they don't work well for me, so I have to pack a brush. But I'd have to pack that with any powder.
And being the cheapskate that I am, nothing -but nothing- gives me a bigger kick in the morning than buffing on this powder and remembering that it only cost a dollar.It's the highlight of my morning!