E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

on 1/15/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm fair skinned but I'm not overly pale. I usually buy light beiges and even can get away with nude colours. BUT this is too dark to be a light beige!! I will only be using this for contouring and bronzing I think. Disappointed but you get what you pay for and it's also really small !!

on 1/14/2014 12:02:00 AM

Horrible! It looks cheap and looks bad

on 1/4/2014 7:51:00 PM

I did not like this as a foundation alone, but I love it as a powder to go over my BB Cream. I don't have the problem of extra product coming off as I use my brush on it. I love it.

Really surprised with the colour! I picked the lightest because I have very pale Irish skin but I'm pretty sure I could use this as a bronzer! Real shame as I was looking forward to using it!

on 12/3/2013 1:36:00 AM

The price is right but the colours are wrong. I used the ivory, which was the lightest I could find since I'm pale and always do fine opting for the fairest colour choices in makeups. I found it was very yellow on my skin. Even my boyfriend commented that I was looking yellow and he wouldn't notice if I shaved my head.
I use it now just to lock in concealer under my eyes (and hope the yellow counteracts the dark blue circles!)

Maybe there is a lighter tone in this product I should try, but I can't find it.

I love this powder, super cheap and gets the job done.

on 11/12/2013 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

well this stuff was a big mistake. I have a very mild acne problem and usually only break out with a couple of tiny zits when I'm about to get my period. about 4 to 5 days after using this powder I broke out worse than I ever have before. big, painful and stubborn pimples mostly on my cheeks. I immediately knew it had to be this powder and stopped using it. it's been a week and my face is finally starting to go back to normal. also, it made my face super oily and shiny and gross looking after a few hours. screw this crap.

on 10/22/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just couldn't get this to work for me. The colors never ever match my skin tone, even though I tried everything from ivory to light beige, and when applied it looks overly powdery and cakey. The packaging is too small and hard to open, but what can you expect for a dollar? I'd rather buy my avon powder for eight dollars. Still cheap, and such an amazing translucent powder. Although this is dog cheap, will not repurchase. Oh, and it also leaves a funny circular shape on your face from the roughness of the applicator. Yikes!

on 10/20/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I will continue buying this product because its affordable, light coverage, and easy to travel in my purse with. I use it over concealer and foundation. Or concealer alone. It is great for just those two methods. I can dust it across with a fluffy brush or buff it in with a flat top brush. I recommend this for people who have acne scarring if you moisturizer, prime, conceal/ foundation and pat this on top. Nice product!

Since it was only a dollar, i thought i'd give it a try. When i first put it on, i thought it was my miracle product. It matched my skin tone almost perfectly, and it covers pretty well. A few hours later, though, i looked in the mirror and it was gone. It's definitely not sweat or water proof. Unfortunately, the search for the perfect powder continues.