July 24, 2014 | 2188 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by elledrose

The price is good, I bought this to mattify my face but after like 5 minutes it's shiny again, and I don't even have oily skin? I got it in the lightest color and it comes out a little yellowish but it's okay because my skin needs some color. It's not the best but it's very cheap so if you need a cheap powder i'd recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Drealove14

Guess ill have to retry this product since last time i tried it I was like 15. Hopefully I won't break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by l3th4rgic

I bought this about a month ago because I had never used a powder before. This being $1, I thought I could start out with something small. It also caught my attention because it said it would protect against acne and whatnot. After using it for a while, I started breaking out. A lot. My skin was fine beforehand, but now it's just horrible. Especially on my left cheek. It's really embarrassing now that people are pointing it out. I'd never buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of powder one day and picked this up for $1 as a quick/cheap replacement. I have been pleasantly surprised by this. I have it in Ivory and it suits my shade fairly well and it has helped clear up my skin a little too. It is small (but its $1 so that's fine!) so it easily slides into a pocket and goes with you anywhere. It comes with a little puff and I do use it when I'm on the go rather than taking a brush. It works fine for me as long as I pat the powder on my face with the puff rather than trying to rub/swipe it across the skin. It doesn't provide a lot of coverage, but like I said, I use it for touch ups or days when I don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup so that it works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by shabbus

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've just started using powder as part of my regular routine. The first one I tried was suggested to me by the SA at Nordstrom's (MAC Studio Fix, I think. I know that it was more than $24). I wanted something to keep in my purse in case I needed to touch up, and picked up the E.L.F. powder at Target for $1.

I haven't touched the MAC powder since.

I haven't used any powder other than this. I love the texture, I love the color and I really, really love the price. The packaging is just fine for a buck, but nothing you'd want to keep on your dressing table. You don't get a huge amount, but that means a smaller overall size and that works great for a purse or travel. It even comes with a puff, but they don't work well for me, so I have to pack a brush. But I'd have to pack that with any powder.
And being the cheapskate that I am, nothing -but nothing- gives me a bigger kick in the morning than buffing on this powder and remembering that it only cost a dollar.It's the highlight of my morning!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is better than I remembered it. It used to have a strong Orange scent but it's much milder now. I like how it looks on my skin and hasn't given me hives, which is common for powders for me. It's super cheap and I can get it at Target. Who would of guessed a $1 powder is my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

1. Cheap! Any $1 make up compact that doesn't test on animals (especially if it's vegan) is worth a try!

2. Coverage ain't bad. It's in between light coverage and medium coverage to me. A bit buildable, but not to full coverage.

Cons:

1. Poor color selection. The only available colors at my Target were Ivory and Light Beige. These are their 2 lightest shades in the collection. Ivory was too light for me, and Light Beige was too dark. It was a pain in the but trying to use both of them to get the "me" color. But I did it.

2. Powdery. I'll bet you're thinking, "Duh," but what I mean is that if you swirl, dip, or anything your brush into the compact, powder is sitting on top of the product. It's not very buttery. So once you're finished applying the powder, odds are that a bunch of product in powder form that's become separated from the pressed compact will spill everywhere. Messy. Wasteful.

3. Although it's supposed to be clarifying, this powder totally clogged up my pores and broke me out. It took about 3-4 days for my skin to have a negative reaction. The first day, nothing changed. Second day, my blemishes were healing! Third day, my blemishes healed a little more, but my skin was over-producing oil. Fourth day, I had a bunch of new break outs. I continued acquiring more and more pimples until finally I put this make up away and my face went back to normal.

4. Not a lot of product in the packaging. But hey, for one dollar, that's not a big deal.

Comments:

2 lippies stands for "didn't like it", while 1 lippie for me is "hated it" and three lippies is "it's okay".

Packaging didn't get a 5 because I think it would be nice if they included a mirror. "But it's only a one dollar compact!" you say, and then I reply, "Well hey, if L.A. Color's one dollar compact can have a mirror, why not this one?"

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

elf seems really opposed to creating products in lighter shades that don't have intense yellow undertones! I have fair caucasian skin and nearly everything elf makes shows up dark and yellow on me, including products in shades 'ivory' and 'porcelain.' this powder isn't terrible but it makes my foundation look a little less even. also be careful not to drop the compact this stuff comes in! it's pretty fragile. overall not a great product, but it's friggin $2, what do you expect

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely not for me. I have dry skin and this just makes my face look cakey, dry, patchy, etc. It's very matte, so it might be better for oily skins. It's quite messy and crumbles quite easily. The packaging is cheap looking and breaks very easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SarahhBolt

Okay, recently got another E.L.F haul :D So, I decided to try this product and find out what all the fuss was about and now I know. This has become a powder I use on a daily basis. The problem is, I've already hit pan... I just LOVE it. Mines in ivory, A LOT darker than it looks, so if you have slightly pale skin make sure it's the shade you go for (as it's the lightest). I have oily skin and I own dewy foundations so I like to keep them Matte so pressing this onto a pad and then applying to my face just is amazing. Honestly trying this, and Rimmel Stay Matte, I wouldn't bother with another high end Powder.
(Sorry for the awful Punctuation)