April 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Masks - LUSH - Ayesha Face Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that this did make my skin feel very soft and plumped out a bit. But I couldnt get over the strong Rose Oil scent. And Ive found my Aveda Hydrating Mask works better anyways.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this after my toner tabs :) especially after my vitamin C one.

I notice that it shrinks my pores and my skin is SO SMOOTH afterwards. The smell isnt bad, I think it's quite alright...lolz but just try not to look at it while you're putting it on.

Then I use Dream Cream after I take off my mask with the 'toner tab water'. Awesome results for me :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by bingbing

Turning 30 has made a big difference in skin lustre as well as new wrinkles that macro cameras are most unkind to. Very sad. Been trying all sorts of things to bring back that youthful glow (apart from loading up on water and sleep) and have turned to masks for temporary help... Lush is a brand that I flirt with every now and then - I decide it's over priced, and then am somehow seduced back into the store.
Packaging is ok, nothing special, it's a black plastic tub, and the product lasts longer than the use-by date on the label. This goes on quite nicely, and feels quite soothing as it dries.
Leaves my skin feeling perkier and smoother (although that could be because it's straight from the fridge onto skin). In bright daylight, I was mistaken for being 6 years younger :) I don't enjoy the scent, but it doesn't really bother me either. We might have a winner here! (Actually, for the ultimate glowy cheat: try a yoghurt mask, very moisturising in a good way. Amaaazing! glow factor = high! Seriously!) Until I find something better, I'd buy this again coz it seems to do the trick. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 5:12:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I've using Lush products off and off for several years, and although I feel that I've kicked my Lush habit, I do tend to get lured back into the store now and then. Bought this product during my last venture into the store and my reaction is "meh". I have oily skin that does need regular exfoliation to keep my pores clear. That said, I do think that this mask does the job of sucking out the disgusting stuff in my pores and does seem to make it temporarily feel smoother and fresher. (1 day). The smell doesn't seem that bad to me, especially if you've tried other of Lush's smellier products and are used to them. Since you store this is in the fridge, you do get a nice refreshing feeling when you apply this, especially in the summer. However, considering this is perishable and thus lasts only a couple of weeks, and you only get a few uses for the price, I probably wouldn't re-purchse. I just think I can do as well or better with less expensive, conventional products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by rm20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mask. I have dry sensitive skin and although I do not like the smell that much my face was visibly brighter. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I received a hefty sample of Ayesha - enough for two facials. This mask was good, but not the very best I have ever used. I love the concept of all the natural ingredients that LUSH uses. Over the years, I have used far too many chemical cosmetics on my skin and am trying to go the natural route. Ayesha contains green stuff, e.g. asparagus, kiwi, honey and clays such as kaolin, fullers earth and bentonite along with witch hazel, rosemary, patchouli, elderflower and limeflower. It was slightly sensitizing but not bad, and it did actually plump up my mature 51 y/o face and made it look smoother/refreshed for a couple of days. I would probably not purchase this; I would like to try one of LUSH's gentler masks next time around. This company is on the right track.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Stella21

Smells like smashed garlic to me. Right after I had this mask on, my face turned red and I got 5 new break out. It's amazing. I was litterally right after I washed out the mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by irule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to use this mask after a night of heavy partying. The smell made me gag, it smelled like a combo of garbage/dirty socks. I did feel the sensation of it "sucking things out of my skin" which was their selling point. But I didn't really notice a difference in my skin, any old mud mask can do the same job. Will give it another shot and use the rest of the product, but probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by caroni99

I was curious to see if Ayesha bio-fresh mask could help with my frequent migraine headaches (I readthat some people put it on their forehead and it helps) and also to see it's effect on my combo skin. Ayesha has a strong smell of musty gym socks that fades pretty quickly once on your face. It's a pretty thin textured mask so while it looks like a yucky green in the pot it does not translate so dramatically on your face. Overall I noticed some spots on my face appeared smaller after using Ayesha and that was pretty much it. I tried using Ayesha for my migraines and had no luck there either which was a bit disappointing. I did not expect much from this mask but wanted to try it as I am trying to use and review all of LUSH's bio-fresh mask line. I was surprised that it did anything at all for the spots on my face but I have Cosmetic Warrior which is a mask that is more suited for my skin type so I don't think I will be repurchasing this mask. I'm sure it works for some or else they would have gotten rid of it a long time ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:13:00 AM More reviews by taegugirl

This mask is like the ultimate salad bar for your face. Feels so good, smells so good.