LUSH Ayesha Face Mask

3.3

Fullers Earth, Elderflower (Sambucus nigra), Limeflower (Citrus aurantifolia), Decoction Glycerine, Fresh Asparagus (Asparagus officinalis), Fresh Organic Kiwi Fruit (Actinidia chinens), Kaolin, Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana). Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Rosemary Oil ( rosemarinus officianus), Patchouli Oil (Posgostemon cabin), Elderflower Vinegar, Bentonite Gel, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfune.

on 12/23/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I loved it
First disclaimer: I have really great skin in the first place so your mileage may very.

I got this for free when I turned in 5 empty pots to the store.

I tried it on at home and I really did like the piney smell (BF said it was nice too).

I left it on for longer than instructed meybe 20 min.
Washed it off and WOW.

Like I said, I have great skin in the first place but I looked even better. Pores smaller, very radiant, more toned. Can't comment on wrinkles- I don't have much on that front in the first place.

Often when I apply stuff to my facial skin I break-out or get tiny bumps. This is why I dont use much on my face (and like I said, I look good without it). But it impressed me that I had a good reaction to this product rather than a negative one since my skin usually just wants to be left alone.

on 10/23/2009 12:43:00 AM

The mask smelt so weird that it made me really want to take it off as I didn't want to smell it anymore.
But having said that, after rinsing off the mask my skin did look smoother!
But I don't think I will use it again due to the smell.. just too weird!!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Used today, rather impressed have enough of the sample for another trial. Gentle enough on skin, face had a rosey glow afterwards, no immediate reaction, and smelt ok.

on 3/2/2009 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have to admit that this did make my skin feel very soft and plumped out a bit. But I couldnt get over the strong Rose Oil scent. And Ive found my Aveda Hydrating Mask works better anyways.

on 2/17/2009 11:51:00 PM

I use this after my toner tabs :) especially after my vitamin C one.

I notice that it shrinks my pores and my skin is SO SMOOTH afterwards. The smell isnt bad, I think it's quite alright...lolz but just try not to look at it while you're putting it on.

Then I use Dream Cream after I take off my mask with the 'toner tab water'. Awesome results for me :)

on 12/30/2008 7:20:00 PM

Turning 30 has made a big difference in skin lustre as well as new wrinkles that macro cameras are most unkind to. Very sad. Been trying all sorts of things to bring back that youthful glow (apart from loading up on water and sleep) and have turned to masks for temporary help... Lush is a brand that I flirt with every now and then - I decide it's over priced, and then am somehow seduced back into the store.
Packaging is ok, nothing special, it's a black plastic tub, and the product lasts longer than the use-by date on the label. This goes on quite nicely, and feels quite soothing as it dries.
Leaves my skin feeling perkier and smoother (although that could be because it's straight from the fridge onto skin). In bright daylight, I was mistaken for being 6 years younger :) I don't enjoy the scent, but it doesn't really bother me either. We might have a winner here! (Actually, for the ultimate glowy cheat: try a yoghurt mask, very moisturising in a good way. Amaaazing! glow factor = high! Seriously!) Until I find something better, I'd buy this again coz it seems to do the trick. continued >>

on 10/14/2008 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've using Lush products off and off for several years, and although I feel that I've kicked my Lush habit, I do tend to get lured back into the store now and then. Bought this product during my last venture into the store and my reaction is "meh". I have oily skin that does need regular exfoliation to keep my pores clear. That said, I do think that this mask does the job of sucking out the disgusting stuff in my pores and does seem to make it temporarily feel smoother and fresher. (1 day). The smell doesn't seem that bad to me, especially if you've tried other of Lush's smellier products and are used to them. Since you store this is in the fridge, you do get a nice refreshing feeling when you apply this, especially in the summer. However, considering this is perishable and thus lasts only a couple of weeks, and you only get a few uses for the price, I probably wouldn't re-purchse. I just think I can do as well or better with less expensive, conventional products.

on 6/18/2008 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this mask. I have dry sensitive skin and although I do not like the smell that much my face was visibly brighter. I will definitely buy this again.

on 5/6/2008 1:59:00 PM

I received a hefty sample of Ayesha - enough for two facials. This mask was good, but not the very best I have ever used. I love the concept of all the natural ingredients that LUSH uses. Over the years, I have used far too many chemical cosmetics on my skin and am trying to go the natural route. Ayesha contains green stuff, e.g. asparagus, kiwi, honey and clays such as kaolin, fullers earth and bentonite along with witch hazel, rosemary, patchouli, elderflower and limeflower. It was slightly sensitizing but not bad, and it did actually plump up my mature 51 y/o face and made it look smoother/refreshed for a couple of days. I would probably not purchase this; I would like to try one of LUSH's gentler masks next time around. This company is on the right track.

on 3/9/2008 5:15:00 PM

Smells like smashed garlic to me. Right after I had this mask on, my face turned red and I got 5 new break out. It's amazing. I was litterally right after I washed out the mask.

Popular Masks