Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a great color! I don't know why I took so long to buy it but its a great color for my IMAN sand, or MAC nc 40-42ish, Bobbi Brown warm natural skin tone. You can intensfiy the red in it by pairing it with a plum or red lip liner or sheer it out, its both a fancy or casual color and in the hosptial the color works great its polished but not gaudy or attention seeking, just polished and professional. I pair it with Clinque Plum Beige lipliner.

I rocked this in 1991 in jr. high and repurchased recently! I like having a sheer berry color that is neutral/warm rather than purplish, but it wears off more quickly than similar balm/gloss/lipsticks and chaps my lips a little.

on 11/7/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Ok so I got this as a deluxe sample in a Sephora GWP set.....and I love it! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because of the staying power. It's called "Almost Lipstick" but this is 'straight up lip balm'. It's on the same level as a Revlon Lip Butter (I have 3 of those), consistency wise, but I think the RLB's have more pigmentation. Having said that, I freaking ADORE the color (which is why I would be willing to pay $16 for a lip balm) which although it's on the sheer side against my skin tone (NW45), there is still enough color to make it work. It's like a classy understated vamp. It feels great on my lips and there really is nothing more to say :)
FURTHER THOUGHTS EDIT: This will show up better if you don't have highly pigmented lips. My lips are a pinkish brown (more pink than brown) and it takes at least three passes to get this color where I like like it.

on 10/23/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is amazing for when you want to do an understated vampy plum look. I bought Spicy Honey shortly after and like color a lot better, but this is still beautiful and I'll probably repurchase some day. One lippie off because the staying power could be better. I also wish it was a tiny bit more moisturizing, but it's a lipstick and not a balm.

on 9/22/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yeah, I know everyone seems to rave about this... but I think I'm going to find myself reaching for this a lot. It's low maintenance, really pretty and flattering, and - I'm pretty pale, so I'm speaking from my experience - it's nice if you want a dash of plum-like color to brighten up your face. I find the formula extremely comfortable to wear; it's like wearing lip balm. The color doesn't last for hours, but it lasts longer/better than any other lip tint-type thing I've tried, where I always seem to have problems with the color either sinking into lip lines, or with them not being pigmented enough, or with them looking patchy after very little wear. There's no trace of a funky scent and I don't have problems with it feathering outside of my lip line (which is a common occurrence for me + lipcolor). All in all, I'd say this is a winner.

I am a pale East Asian, shade NC 15-NC 20. Sadly, this shade did not look good on me, and I had to return it.

on 9/7/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I always wanted to try this, so I was very excited when I received a sample. I'm Black with medium brown skin tone meaning not light, but not dark, either. in between the two. Black Honey did not match my complexion. I didn't like it because it looked drab and dull. It didn't have much shine, either.

on 9/7/2014 10:28:00 AM

Love the color and shine, but lasting power is basically nil. If you like the color and don't mind a true lipgloss a la MAC Lip Glass, try the Black Honey Superbalm instead for long-lasting moisture and color.

on 8/19/2014 11:50:00 PM

Beautiful (almost) lipstick. The color looks kinda scary in the tube for day wear but it's so pretty, and not at all too dark, with two-three swipes. Definitely buy it; you won't regret it. I have light-medium olive skin, with neutral, but on the yellow-ish side, undertones and it looks great on me. I have a friend who has skin like porcelain and it looks beautiful on her as well.

on 8/12/2014 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

LOVE!!!! Beautiful on my yellow/olive colored skin. Moisturizing, soft color that is build able from a light balm tint to a rich colored lipstick. Great price, lots of product, excellent packaging! Perfect for me!!!

Popular Lipsticks