December 22, 2014 | 1632 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Niagara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the way this looks better in the tube than on my lips. In the tube it looks like a very nice, medium coral but on my pigmented lips, it leans too much on the pinker side than a true coral. It's not a bad color but I prefer a better balance between pink and peach/orange rather than a strong pull on the pink side. I guess because the formula is sheer so it lets my natural pigment show through. The formula is smooth, creamy but a bit too sheer. Lasting power is 3 hrs but doesn't leave my lips dry or cracked when it does fade. It has a slight scent and taste which doesn't bother me too much. The packaging is black and has the rubbery feel like the NARS blushes. Won't be a repeat buy since this is not a very good coral for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I am more a Dior / YSL/Chanel type of girl when it comes to lipsticks.
This is my first Nars lippie (I have tons of blushes and some eyeshadows that I all love) and I am impressed by the shade.
It is a bright, vivid coral pink (more pink than orange) that screams like summer. it is very feminine, reminds me of the 50's or 60's. best results when you're tanned or have a NC35- NC 45 skin.
Staying power could be improved... pls NARS listen to us!!! (not more than 3 hours on my lips, then you're left w/a stain) and I am NOT a fan of the pacakging, that looks and feels light and cheap (like ELF stuff).
For that price (same as a Dior lippie!!!!) they could do better.
However, even if I doubt I will ever repurchase (will never run out as this is a summer shade only for me) I recommend it, as the shade itself is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by sodacrackers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite NARS lipsticks--a very lovely coral for medium-tan skin tones, with the right amount of brightness (not shocking, appropriate for offices :). Doesn't dry my lips, even makes it more supple looking. Finish is great, not too shiny, but definitely makes your whole mouth kissable. People have complained about the smell of NARS lipsticks, old crayons/waxy smell, but I actually don't mind them much, since they only smell that way in the tube. Matte packaging can get grubby, though--but I just tissue off fingerprints/smudges.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a beautiful lipstick! It's exactly the shade I've been searching for. Such a beautiful bright pinky coral. It suits my complexion so well (very fair, cool but with red hair). I about had a heart attack when the total was $33 and change after taxes - definitely the most I have ever spent on a lipstick - but it is so damn gorgeous that it's so worth it. I don't find it terribly drying and it lasts quite a few hours. I can't wait to rock this all summer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

*sigh* I can't decide whether I like this or not. The color is a pretty coral but I don't care for the formula that much.

If I don't use a lipliner with this it looks very sheer and accentuates my lip lines; however, when I do use a lipliner, this stains the outer lip line. GAH!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by toobusytostitch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh I LOVE this - bought it on a blog sale, and when it arrived it was brighter than I'd thought - tried it on with trepidation - and was instantly totally won over. This could be my HG lipstick. Will DEFINITELY purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well color me lipstick converted, or at least a beautifully bright, yet still subdued and wearable coral. Yeah okay like that made sense . . . anyway!

A wonderful MUAer RAOKed this to me along with some other goodies because she's awesome like that (why can't I review other MUAers on P'ville? Because this one would get five lippies, har har). Despite the fact that I'm a hardcore NARS blush fanatic and I've dabbled extensively in their eye shadows, multiples, and I've tried a couple of their glosses - I've never as much as tried a lipstick. I'm typically not a very lip product centric gal - sheer gloss or nothing is my usual style.

Anyway Niagara - where have you been all my life! It's definitely a bold color, but not garish. It's pretty opaque with two or three layers, but can be sheered or blotted out. The crucial thing here to mention is that it totally compliments my rather tan yellow skin tone. Who would've thunk it?

Also there is a bit of neutral pink undertones to Niagara so it kind of does work with semi-dramatic eyes. I wouldn't dare pair this with smoky eyes and the like, but I've never been one to be satisfied with nude eye looks so this lipstick really is perfect.

I don't think the formulation is notably superior to MAC's or anything. It wasn't too drying, but did require reapplication and a nice lip balm underneath. Staying power was pretty average for me.

At $24 a pop, you can bet your bum that I probably would never repurchase this one again, but I do love it loads and will use sparingly when occasion calls for it (or when I actually remember to use a lip product).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by vivere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A bright, coral-y pink without any visible orange. With two layered swipes, it's a bright eye-catching pink on me without looking garish -- appears polished, sophisticated, and somehow both retro and modern. The texture is smooth and easy to apply with good pigmentation (the textures of individual NARS lipsticks have been hits/misses with me in the past). Looks playfully seductive with a neutral color in the crease, winged eyeliner, and tousled hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pappygalore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great lipstick, pinky coral.
Brightens up my face and is lovely for the Summer.
I remember when I bought this in Selfridges, I had it on and one girl stopped me and asked me what it was. I have always wanted that to happen so I was chuffed!

Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by zachchrismom76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this color, it's so beautiful. It is a really pretty pinkish-coral on me, I put MAC's Perennial High Style gloss over it, and its the perfect shade ever for me :) Stays on fairly well, I don't care how much you pay for lipstick, you are probably going to have to re-apply a couple times a day. I will def. buy this again when this one runs out.