December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by roseannetang

www.roseannebeauty.com
Let's look at the Packaging:

It's packaged in a sturdy, commonly high-end case with a mirror and the brick much like a mineralized skinfinish, but baked in strips. The Body Shop has a very similar product as well, I think it's called shimmer strips. The best way to use this is to take a fluffy white haired brush, just like the MAC 168 because it's easier buffed onto the cheeks rather than patted on with say a smaller blush brush.

Mine is in Rose. It's a burnt pink with cool undertones so watch out if you have a yellow undertone. I know, I know, I'm yellow, but I thought pink blushes do look good on me, I'll save the undertone complaints until later.

So How Do You Work it?

1.) Simple. Here's me with bare cheeks, i even skipped the bronzer:
2.) Swirl your brush into the brick so that it collects all the colors of the gradient. Then, use the brush and buff first into the apples of your cheek, working upwards to the tip of your ear, not touching the tip of your ear but buffing towards that direction.
3.) The effect produced is a much more prominent cheek apple and sweep of pink that's subtle and not too over the top.

What do I think of it?

I want to love it, but it's probably not the first blush I'll grab for because it's hot and sweaty in Singapore and I'm pretty sure that I'll get the same glow if I wait out in the humidity a bit. That's because I have combination oily skin. However, I think it adds a beautiful glow to the cheeks, and probably great in dry countries or when you just need that little sparkle. This one in particular is much too cool toned for me, and probably a warmer shimmer brick like 'Nectar' would have suited me better. I can't really use this primarily as a highlighter because its pink and I don't really like having a red bridge, but a sweep on the cheekbones, with another blush below might be a good suggestion. I know that if this whole thing was the white, it would for shizzle receive a 5/5 from me, but as a blush it just doesn't seem natural sometimes. Nonetheless, its still beautiful, it's hard to explain my opinion and from me, I'd give it a 4.5/5 because the highlight is sometimes too over the top for me.

Overall - this is an expensive product and you can get the same sub at The Body Shop. However, if you're into Bobbi Brown and her products - go for it -but don't, if you have oily skin.

www.roseannebeauty.com

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by anaro

This was the firts shimmerbrick i bought. But i was way too frosty pink for my coloring (nc40 bobbi brown 4.5 or 5). I gave it to my sister , she is fairer skin. I'd recommend it for paler complextions.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplvr111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this shimmer block from Bobbi Brown. I have some small pores and was concerned with this once applied. My pore size is not noticeable. I am in my early 30s and feel like this looks good for a highlighter and a blush. I have light to medium skin tone and this compliments perfectly. I can wear this with or without blush and wear this over my bronzer powder. Very classy. I would be careful if you have noticeable pores and would want to apply this highlighter over them, as it would draw attention to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by moonlightshadows

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't let the listing fool you, this is a blush and not a highlighter. I am addicted to blush, you name it and I've probably owned it at one time or another. Since finding this I will never buy any other blush again, this is all I need. It's the perfect flushed rosey color and the shimmer doesn't exaggerate my pores or fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is lovely. Wearable as a blush for someone fair, but for my medium skintone with prominent surface ruddiness, I need more depth of color. Wears as a soft powdery-pink, slightly pinkier than my Platinum pink. If you're medium on up, I'd rec. this as a soft *very light* pink highlighter, any skintone lighter and I'd say wear it as a blush. This is extremely subtle, provided you don't over do it. My fiancee who really doesn't like a shimmer on me actually prefers this over LM's Shimmer Bloc's. I am told I look greasy when I wear that whereas with this it's shimmery. Either way, at the end of the day this is what gets used more and more compliments. C'est la vie. I don't get the negative feel of this over the strong praise of LM and Dior. I found the others so finely milled that it was more difficult to control the frosty effect. Compared with the Becca PSP's which are powdery-sheen and very subtle, this offers more of a highlight/shimmer as opposed to a shimmery powdered effect. The shimmer on these seems more sparsely dispersed in comparison with my LM, Becca and Dior--thus a less overall cheek of sheen. I hadn't noticed that much of a difference in texture, but this stands out as extremely finely milled, moreso than other SB's, less powdery than LM and Dior.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by iidunno

well as a highlighter this fails :(

so im going to be using them as eye shadows :) so yay now i have pinks. im a very neutral natural girl. all i have is champagnes and a million shades of browns so these will be my first pink "shadows" haha. they are of course very shimmery but flattering and nice.. and smooth and pigmented. i cant say much for what its actually suppose to doo, which is highlighting because on me it looks ridiculous, like seriously pink highlighter.. oh and i got this because my mind thought that if i use a pink blush with this the highlight wont look "obvious" well it heck looks obvious. but with my nars albatross its perfect :D .

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been eying and trying Bobbi's Shimmerbricks for a long time and always testing the newest one at at a counter but for some reason, never purchased one. Finally I caved in and bought her Rose one because the colors looked ideal in the compact, and when the SA applied it to my face, it seemed to give me a luminous natural glow which is what I was seeking, remember luminous, not invisible. I realized that I had shied away from the Shimmerbricks because there was just a little too much glitter and shimmer for me in her other ones but Rose seemed perfect, and I could use two of the shades on my eyes as shadows. Since I am a sucker for dual purpose products (cheeks and eyes in this case), I thought it was time to buy one. Well after using it over blush, to contour, to highlight, I discovered that the only place it showed up was in fact on my eyes, and that is why I didn't give it the lowest possible rating because I liked how it looked on my lids but not for $38. This became the invisible product and I'm light to medium skin toned so I don't know why it wouldn't show up no matter how I applied, and I had no choice but to return it or I never would have forgiven myself because I don't have a money tree growing in my backyard. Now I feel safe to say/write that none of the Shimmerbricks work for me because they either have way too much glitter galore and way too much shimmer for me or they in the case of Rose, don't show up. I love the pretty packaging and the way the shades look inside the compact but that isn't enough of a reason to buy or keep a product. In hindsight, I'm not sure why I was so determined to make one of these shimmerbricks work for me because they don't, and I'm learning that in the case of Bobbi Brown, I did do the proverbial judging a book by it's cover but in reverse; I liked the cover, it was the content inside that left a lot to be desired. I know that so many women find these to be wonderful, or find at least one that they love, but in my case, any shimmerbrick is the worst pick for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by squeakoid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!!! It's amazing. I have this in nectar and rose, I really think I might love rose more than nectar. It gives me an ethereal glow when applied lightly to my cheek bones and brow bone. I apply this over pink blush and love it so much.

I love love love this product! The only con I have for this is the packaging, it feels kinda cheap and fragile.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by pennywhistlepoem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely wonderful product that is worth every penny. I am NW20 and use this as my daily blush in summer. It gives just the right mix of coral blush and highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by soleilrouge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worth the money. Nothing is as nice or works as good