MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

on 7/5/2014 12:08:00 AM

Just bought this shade today and it's also my first MAC product. Being over 50 I have opted for a more polished well groomed look, nothing too bright, and this color is my lip color only better. Can't yet attest to the wear factor, but being a bit drier than most other formulas I expect it will hold up nicely, looking forward to wearing it daily!

on 7/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick after watching youtuber beautycrush saying this was her favourite lipstick and because we are same colouring nc35 I went and bought it without really considering. Big mistake, it appears like a lovely color and but I has this really weird undertone which makes the color look really muddy. I tried to wear it but always change color before leaving the house. I finally toss it today, putting it in my empties box!

EDIT: I gave this to my sister which is a NW25, she has pink undertones and she told me she hated too! There really is something about this color!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Brave is a MLBB lipstick. It is a gorgeous mauve pink color. I originally wanted Cosmo but they were sold out. This was the next closest color, in my opinion and I am beyond happy I picked it up. GET IT! You will not be disappointed!!

on 12/26/2013 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Holy Grail my-lips-but-better lipstick color here!! Bought this on a whim, and I'm in love. I have two in storage in case I run out, which I know I will. A beautiful, lovely color <3

on 10/15/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my usual "my lips but better" color. It's a nice warm mauve, and is basically the same color as my actual lips (I'm NW20 with fairly pigmented lips).

The texture is smooth, and it doesn't wear into lip lines. The color tends to last for 4 hours without eating or drinking, and fades to a pretty, soft pink without every fully coming off.

Overall, I use this color for days when I need a natural, nude-ish lip -- either for work or because I've got a strong eye. A lippy off because it's pretty, but not a standout color.

on 8/11/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am totes inlove with this color! Been looking for a perfect everyday nude lippie until I found brave! but warning!! if you have dry lips dont forget to put extra lip balm beneath or on top as mac satin finishes can be quite drying.

on 8/10/2013 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've always found Mac lipstick drying which is why I took off a star. I was looking for a non brown nude. I'm an NC30 and most pinks look chalky on me but I'm a girls girl and love pink. This looks like my lips only better. To ward off the dryness I also bought lipglass in Full for You which is a little darker and more shimmery. Together they are exactly what I was looking for.

PS: I don't know why this is listed as $$$. It's only $15US. It hasn't gone up much since I was a college kid wearing Twig 24/7.

on 8/2/2013 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

absolutely love love love love LOVE this lipstick , again this is one of those lipstick that depends on your natural lip color, you may or may not like this color, if your lips are pigmented and dont suit lipsticks like mac creme cup or angel because they pale out your lips, brave is MY perfect "your lips but better" lipstick and i will continue to repurchase this and if they ever discontinue this i will cry.

on 6/2/2013 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is my first ever mac lipstick and I am so glad! the color is very beautiful for everyday, it's nude-ish pink with a pearly finish! this is officially my favourite lipstick, it looks really good on tanned skin tones.

NOTE: wear it with a lip balm!

on 5/14/2013 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A lovely subtle everyday lipstick. It's very close to my natural lip colour so it's nice for when I don't want a full on lip but still want to look polished.

Popular Lipsticks