April 17, 2014 | 1420 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Reference: NC25 Asian, rosy lips naturally.

This is my go-to "my lips but better" shade. It looks like a muted pinky-brown color in indoor lighting (veeeeery close to my natural lip color) and more of a brighter, creamy pink in bright sunlight. I tend to think it looks like a muted down version of Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon in outdoor lighting. This is a great lipstick to own for those of us who like looking polished without looking like we're wearing much makeup because it's subtle but still soooo pretty on the lips. I think this is very close to MAC Cosmo, except Cosmo is a little deeper and has slightly richer pink-red tones, whereas Brave has a little more brown in it.

Unfortunately, yes, it is drying and tends to emphasize creases in my lips. I ALWAYS wear balm underneath and I highly suggest everyone do the same. I am taking off a lippie because nothing can be done to fix how much this lipstick emphasizes creases. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to every day lipstick. I wouldn't quite characterize it as my HG, and it works nicely for day time, neutral makeup.

Pros
Good pigment
Nice finish - on me, it doesn't have the typical 'satin' MAC finish
Color is good on my neutral, borderline yellow, pale skin - neutral mauve w a touch of brownish pink- not for someone who wants her lips to be a facial focal point

Cons
Layering it can get messy
Staying power (on me) is just fair
It has a strange sweet scent - DH doesn't mind it when he kisses me, and it is strong enough to note
Transfers onto everything!

Because the color is good on me, I will continue to buy - in terms of the product's overall quality, I would say it is fair-good.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if it's because of my skin tone (very yellow), but this looks very brown/dark mauve on me, so I don't care for it. It's a nice lipstick, just not what I was going for.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by sunshine96

i already finshed a tubes of this lipstick. my favorite lipstick of all time. its reallly good in whatever look you like. even alone or with gloss. with smokey or just lipstick at all. good for everyday and evening makeup. i soo love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by MrsRosendale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this color. Its a total MLBB shade. I usually put a gloss over it as I like the shine, but it is a beautiful everyday color. I'm even thinking about using it on my best friend for her wedding since I'm doing her makeup and color on her lips scares her! She's going to look gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love this color, it was my HG, but the last few tubes I've bought have been turning very raspberry on me. It used to be the color they describe on the website as a "Beige Pink with Pearl", but now it's more of a rosy pink, that has gotten a little dark. And to me, Faux, while very similar, used to be more blue, and now it seems more neutral than this. However, I am ridiculously allergic to Faux (I'm allergic to most lipsticks including MACs, must be the dyes, or castor oil, or fragrance...who knows) - and so I'm still wearing Brave, because it's the only color I don't react to, hoping that the next tube I buy will be closer to what I fell in love with.

Original review: I love, love, love this lipstick color. I react dramatically to color and I have a lot of color in my lips, so it's difficult to find colors that work. They are either too dark, too light, too blue, too orange, too bright - and my coloring doesn't work with reds, so it's really challenging to find a color. Finally, I found this one and use it everyday. It's the perfect neutral pinky-brown with a satin finish that lasts most of the day. Because I react so strongly to color, I use different pencils to change up the color and each one makes it look like a different lipstick on me. I can see where some people would find this too light or too drab - for my coloring, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lilylaugh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I asked the girl at the counter for Brave Red and she sold me Brave. I was upset when I got home. But when I tried it, I fell in love! I have never been able to do a "Nude" lip until now. Usually "Nudes" make me look dead. I have large lips and nudes wash me out. Brave has just a touch of natural, earthy pink to give my lips a subtle wash of color. It always brings a lift to my face and never looks like makeup. The texture is perfect, it mimics the natural texture of my lips. Not glossy. I wear this with a naked face, or with dramatic eyes. Its great for pale cool skinned girls with dark/black hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aniqaliah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect neutral nude pink on my nc42 skin. It just goes with everywithing...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this might be my favorite MAC lipstick! It's a natural rosy shade, yet it has pigment. Good for an everyday lippie or when you want to have lips to go with a heavier done eye. I think it would complement a pretty wide range of skintones. Definitly a MAC must!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Baledo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been looking for a pink l/s that is not too bright nor too muted, I find that MAC Angel is a bit too pale for my complexion, even if by looking at the tube it seems to be the shade I'm
looking for. Brave gives my lips a pink that's very natural and blends well with my slightly pigmented lips. It is not as drying as my other MAC l/s, It looks very flattering worn day in and out specially with MAC Pink Swoon blush on, talk about pretty in pink. Brave also looks pretty much the same as MAC Cosmo does, but I think Cosmo has more red in it.