September 20, 2014 | 1606 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I was looking for haute altitude but it was sold out. The MUA picked brave for me as a dupe. Its my first satin lipstick and I find it a bit drying but I do love the colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by NudeBlush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is mlbb and it brightens up my face. Very wearable, a brighter more pink version of Cosmo. Yes, I will be repurchasing when I use up my tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by JeniRyder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The perfect “my lips but better” color.
Very wearable and pigmented, but can be drying on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i am so dissapointed how i didnt listen to one of my friends who rec me this. such neutral but sweet colour for my nc30 skin tone.
it is literally the colour of my lips but enhanced hahaha.
i asked the sa for pinkish nude and gave me this, all i can say is no regrets :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by mandzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The pigment of this lipstick is absoloutely perfect for my olive toned skin. A friend commented on how it's practically the same colour of my lips (which is good for me since I use this shade as an everyday lipstick).
Can be worn everyday as I mentioned, or paired with a smokey eye look on a night out. Also looks good with a layer of lipgloss on top.
Only issue with this is...
-the texture: not really a fan of the satin range since I find them to be drying on my lips. I also find this lipstick makes the lines in my lips obvious if they're dry so I have to put a layer of lip balm on first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Reference: NC25 Asian, rosy lips naturally.

This is my go-to "my lips but better" shade. It looks like a muted pinky-brown color in indoor lighting (veeeeery close to my natural lip color) and more of a brighter, creamy pink in bright sunlight. I tend to think it looks like a muted down version of Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon in outdoor lighting. This is a great lipstick to own for those of us who like looking polished without looking like we're wearing much makeup because it's subtle but still soooo pretty on the lips. I think this is very close to MAC Cosmo, except Cosmo is a little deeper and has slightly richer pink-red tones, whereas Brave has a little more brown in it.

Unfortunately, yes, it is drying and tends to emphasize creases in my lips. I ALWAYS wear balm underneath and I highly suggest everyone do the same. I am taking off a lippie because nothing can be done to fix how much this lipstick emphasizes creases. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to every day lipstick. I wouldn't quite characterize it as my HG, and it works nicely for day time, neutral makeup.

Pros
Good pigment
Nice finish - on me, it doesn't have the typical 'satin' MAC finish
Color is good on my neutral, borderline yellow, pale skin - neutral mauve w a touch of brownish pink- not for someone who wants her lips to be a facial focal point

Cons
Layering it can get messy
Staying power (on me) is just fair
It has a strange sweet scent - DH doesn't mind it when he kisses me, and it is strong enough to note
Transfers onto everything!

Because the color is good on me, I will continue to buy - in terms of the product's overall quality, I would say it is fair-good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not sure if it's because of my skin tone (very yellow), but this looks very brown/dark mauve on me, so I don't care for it. I was hoping it would be more of a rosey MLBB.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by sunshine96

i already finshed a tubes of this lipstick. my favorite lipstick of all time. its reallly good in whatever look you like. even alone or with gloss. with smokey or just lipstick at all. good for everyday and evening makeup. i soo love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by MrsRosendale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this color. Its a total MLBB shade. I usually put a gloss over it as I like the shine, but it is a beautiful everyday color. I'm even thinking about using it on my best friend for her wedding since I'm doing her makeup and color on her lips scares her! She's going to look gorgeous!