October 25, 2014 | 1479 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Matte

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by 1naturalbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is an ultra-matte finish liquid makeup from estee lauder, and one of the few ultra matte makeups in the department store that specifies that it is for oily skin. I have normal/sensitive skin (that tends to be oily in the center) and i bought this foundation in search of an ultra matte liquid that would keep my skin shine free, but that was still fragrance free and tested. So I went to estee lauder because they have a lot of forumlas and finishes and shades to choose from. It has an spf of 15 with an active ingredient of octinoxate 2.2%, which is a short hand written for octyl methoxycinnamate, which is a sunscreen agent used to protect skin primarily from the sun's UVB rays (Sources: www.photodermatology.com/sunprotection.htm; and Skin Therapy Letter, 1997, volume 2, number 5, www.dermatology.org/skintherapy).

application: the directons on the bottle say to shake and then apply with fingertips, but it is a little challenging to do that without a pump, but it can be done, and the absence of a pump does not make this makeup any less efficient. It doesn't require vigorous shaking, just a gentle shake will do. If i'm first applying it in the morning, then i'll use my fingertips, but if i'm touching it up throughout the day, i use a blending sponge.

finish: the formula is a bit thick, so the finish is a heavy ultra matte. this foundation is full coverage matte finish so i really wouldn't use a powder with this because it just adds layers of makeup without the need of it.

staying power: as with any liquid makeup, its not going to last for more than 8 hours because its a liquid and liquids do move and glide with activity. I would say it stays for 5 - 7 hours on me. It also stays longer if you use a moisturizer underneath on already cleansed skin. (I use olay complete spf 30 sensitive skin lotion)

shades: i'm not sure if i understand why so many reviewers feel that these shades are awful and lacking. I did notice however, that there are shade gaps between warm bisque and cool dusk and also between warm tawny and warm ginger. When i went to estee lauder the SA (who was the counter manager) pulled the three darkest shades, and I was matched to 23 warm ginger, which is a medium/deep bronze shade, (a great shade for women of color)

my biggest recommendation is that if you buy this, please use a sunscreen moisturizer underneath, it holds the makeup together throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by keichan65

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this. I have very oily skin, large pores, and break out easily. This has been the best foundation I've tried so far. It's pretty thick but goes on smoothly with my fingers. It used to control oil really well for me but recently, I get oily after an hour or so. It could be because my derm put me on aczone and differn. I still get pimples but I don't think it's due to this foundation. I still got pimples even when I stopped using it for a couple weeks.

I apply this foundation followed by prescriptives anywear and mac blot powder to control oil. I have to use the prescriptives in champane to match my skin color better since the double matte warm tawny is too dark for me. If there was a better color selection then I would give it 5 stars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm really torn with this stuff, I had been on this great search for a foundation that doesn't add to my oilyness. I have tried everything, and anything. This stuff really was my HG....until, I started breaking out from it. I'm still using it and I break out constantly, but it's the one foundation that keeps me from being shiny and greasy and it's full coverage. AHHh :[ I suppose I shall continue the search for the perfect foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this because according to the description it fit my foundation criteria perfectly! In reality...not so! First of all, on my skin it was NOT matte, it made my face look and feel gross, mask-like, heavy, accentuated pores and acne, and was difficult to apply even with my foudation brush that works miracles. When I tried to wash it out of my brush it wouldn't budge. And while that might seem like a good sign to some, I just didn't want that stuff on my face or stuck in my brush. If something will not wash out of a make-up brush no matter what you do, then you know it has to be clogging your pores. And in spite of it staying on my brush, it didn't have much staying power on my face. On the plus side, I found a color that matched perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by tm1999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This liquid foundation is good because it lasts long. it dosen't fade or rub off. I have been using this makeup for years. I have extremely oily skin. I hope this never gets discountinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by thoughtbubble

I work in a restaurant and needed a foundation that could withstand heat from the kitchen and would last a good amount of time. I also live in a very humid climate and most make up melts off within minutes of walking outside. After trying a few different foundations, I decided to try Double Matte and MAN, am I glad I did! This stuff stayed put through a double shift on a very busy day at work and I couldn't believe it! I used it in conjunction with MAC blot powder and it is amazing!

The best part is that I haven't broken out from this foundation. The ONLY reason I took a lippie off is b/c of color selection. I'm in between colors and have to use a darker powder to balance it. But for the performance of this foundation, it's so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by BPpinkie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i am in loveee...amazing amazing coverage and a great matee finish and VERY skin-friendly...i leave it on all day and it never gets runny or streaky..it has the BEST finish plus best of all...NO BREAKOUTS :)

here is what breaks my heart....they don't have my color match (I'm a level 2 intensity with neutral undertones) ...therefore I unfortunately have to use the level 1 intensity...which is lighter than my natural skin tone and use some bronzer...for this reason it can't be HG (at least not for me)...but it is probably the closest i will get :/

P.S. I have it in WARM BISQUE........it has no pinks its sooo pretty ...just wish it was a tad darker for my skin tone.

UPDATE: wow honestly this is sooo HG...finally...something that gives full coverage without looking like a mask or causing breakouts....and it stays on all day :) :) :) :) yayyy
oh and with a light hand of bronzer it is pretty close to my skin color....and make sure you use the stippling method with a stippling brush (short duo fiber by MAC ..or..highlighting brush by Sonia Kashuk)....the stippling will give you great superb coverage...dont use a sponge for any makeup everrr.
TRY it you will seriously love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by perklunk9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, I have very oily skin. I have to blot fairly frequently throughout the day, and I find that the oil combined with my foundation causes it to rub off. I dance about 2-3 a week, all for 4-10 hours at a time. Sweat does not help this issue. I had been using revlon colorstay, and for anyone looking for a zero-low transfer makeup, DOUBLE MATTE IS IT. This product is wonderful! It does not stop oil, but it more or less makes the oil look like a sheen rather than the generally unattractive oily look. But most importantly, I danced today from 1-5, then again from 9-1. I have been wearing this foundation since 10am, and it still looks good. When you blot, it does not rub off. And it covers beautifully, all without using very much. For all you oily girls who worry about their foundation staying on, please go out and try this product. It has been a relief for me, and they have a return policy. Just give it a shot! Coupled with MAC blot powder, you can't lose. ;) Good luck, ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by joyluvsmakeup

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!

It covers-
It keeps oil away ALL DAY-
It's buildable-
It's not TOO expensive..like over $40 bucks..

It's color range is nice-
It does NOT irritate or break my skin out

What more can I say? This is the ONLY cure for those who have oily/acne prone skin. Do yourself a favor and just buy this...such wonderful coverage!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by fitmom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only question is,,,,why are all these perfect foundations being turned into "soft flex" junkies? >:(

Us oily-skinned women (like myself), is in GREAT NEED of a foundation as perfect as this one---so although I have tried double "WEAR" foundation (and yes it does work well)..I still feel it isn't the same as the orginal "double MATTE" it once was...............

Like Revlon Colorstay--for a cheaper, more affordable foundation that DOES stay on day and night--why in the heck do they need to mess everything up and add "softflex"?

Or even Mayballine Silky Stay foundation---what was wrong with THAT one? What's up with the "24 stay put"..and it doesn't "stay put" as NEARLY as the Silky Stay orginal (the one that came with the primer)...

Although thankfully Estee Lauder doesn't mess up "too much"..but I really think they should keep selling "double matter"--more often then "double wear"..and don't disclude oily skinned women from not having the option to wear a very long-lasting foundation--even if it means having to blend fast like someone high on 20 cups of coffee...cause I DONT MIND having to blend incredibly fast--just as long as it covers, stays smooth, looks flawless, and keeps oil away for soooooooooooooooooo many hours...

like this wonderful Double "MATTE" always has...........simply the best. Look no further. ;)