July 22, 2014 | 1918 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - Classic Color 'Soft Mink'

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by LavenderPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the three Classic Color blushes I own, this is probably my favorite. Soft Mink is a beautiful peachy-gold sort of color with small shimmers. It has a frosty finish and a highly metallic sheen. This blush has the best texture I have seen in the Classic Color line (as compared to Iced Plum and Rose Silk) and also the strongest pigment/color pay-off. It's quite easy to overload with this product, so know that a little goes a long way.

On my skin-tone, though, Soft Mink is definitely too light to use as a blush. Coupled with the high frost effect, it makes my skin look extremely ashy and unnatural. If I ever do use it, it's a light dusting intended for highlighting. [EDIT: Does not work well as a highlight either. This color is completely useless for darker skintones.] I would probably not repurchase this myself, but that's mainly because I don't see myself getting through the one I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Soft mink is a soft peachy pink with shimmer. This is perfect for a natural look for weekends and casual occasions. . This can also be layered over a brighter color to tone it down and add some sheen. This blush is very light, it would really be hard to look like a clown with this product.

I love that Noxzema Cover Girl smell. It reminds me of when I was a lttle girl, sitting on the bathtub watching my mom apply her makeup. I thought it was just magical what a few pots and brushes could dol

I will always have this is my collection. Hope they never stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great blush for the summer time. It's shimmery and not too bright. To me it's a highlighter, blush, and bronzer all in one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

This is my favorite blush. I use it everyday. I've had this for awhile, but I was cleaning out my makeup drawer and found this. I can't believe I wasn't using it before! It's kind of a peachy color with a gold undertone and gold shimmer. It's just beautiful. I hope this is never discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this blush for quite sometime, and I do use it quite often. It gives a great natural look. I dont really know how to describe the color well .. Maybe a little peachy...? I'm not good at describing anything, but it's Really pretty. I love it [:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

this is beautiful but forgot all about it till seeing the review on it on front page here! last yr gave my sister a bag of mu i wasn't wearing much, all my blushes went in pretty much as i was in a no blush phase since i thought i had rosacea. anything i wore seemed to highlight it though i did not use this one at the time. turned out not to be rosacea but an underlying med problem. now i am back to blushes, and am going to get this again. i liked it as a blush but also works when you use bronzer to highlight the cheekbone without being a stark whitish, or pale highlighter.

The color looks more soft/cool brown but also has a cool rose in it once applied. There is shimmer but to me the cg cheeker shimmer is tolerable and preferable for a bit of life, this coming from someone who liked matte blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by JamieMonroe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this blush about a month ago with a bunch of other CG Blushes and i really like this blush!!! it is a pretty color and i love shimmer!!! Anything with shimmer i love:P Well the only downside i have with the CG blushes is that you have to apply alot to get what you really want bu then in away that is a good things b/c you can over do it with the blush which i attend to do ALOT lol...Other then that everything is good! I ALSO LOVE LOVE THE SMELL!!! I have loved this smell since i was a kid and my Mom wore this blush!!! So when i use it, it brings me back to Child hood memories:P

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedape

Overall, I like Soft Mink. At first I wasn't sure about the color; in the pan it looks like it would make my cheeks look muddy. It's a good subtle everyday blush color though! The shimmer is noticeable to me, but I like it and can get away with it :P I feel like you get a good amount of product for the price and I like the black packaging. It doesn't look as cheap as a lot of Cover Girl products. The only drawback is also a positive for some people--and that is how sheer it applies. If you want a more intense cheek look, you're going to have to do a lot of applying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Sigh...this is a good dupe for Lancome Miel Glace, looks exactly the same on my cheeks. Very pretty color. Even though it has shimmer in the pan, it doesn't show on my skin. Sadly, I must be slightly allergic to the ingredients because i feel a slight tingle/itch on my cheeks all day. I didn't get an allergic reaction or turn red, but it's slightly uncomfortable. It feels similiar to when I have hair poking my face. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousGirlMakeup

HG blush, for sure. In my rotation is MUFE HD cream blush, Nars Orgasm, and CG Soft Mink. Soft Mink is my everyday, go to blush. It's so natural, goes on effortlessly, blends seamlessly, and is a universal flattering shade. Love it.