September 17, 2014 | 1976 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by TKLOPS2

I just discovered this soap and so far so good. I have been limited to soaps like purpose and basis due to breakouts. Soaps made for correcting this problem only make the condition worse. I have tried perscriptions and over the counter products to no avail so I decided to go a non-chemical route with my face to see if it turns things around. I have been using this soap for two weeks and so far the blemishes on my cheeks have dramatically decreased and my forehead has slightly cleared up. Hopefully it continues to clear up my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by kanz3n

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser, however I hate that it is in the shape of a soap bar! My family keeps mistaking it as hand soap or body soap, and thus I always find it in the shower or the tub (where it does not belong). However, this has done wonders for my complexion, so I cannot complain over what this product does. Will buy again if I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really oily skin. This soap is cheap I paid only $8.00 on line. It is a big soap so I can see it lasting a long time. After saying this, this is one of the worst cleansers that I have ever used. It left my skin feeling dry and tight that my face was an oil slick in about 10 min after using this ! I used it twice a day morning and night along with the tomato toner. I used it for about 2 weeks and my makeup looked horrible. My face was an oily mess! I will deff not use again. It did nothing for me. I did try almay normal/combo face soap and its a whole lot better!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by domokunn

I LOVE this soap! My face is very clear and I get a few tiny pimples here and there occasionally. I have stubborn blackheads and unfortunately this did not clear many of them. It has helped for my acne and with the tomato toner, my face feels very refreshed. I have oily skin and this did not dry out my face. My only complaint is the form this soap is in (bar) and I wish it came in a pump bottle or something of the sort. I had to buy this online as I couldn't find it in stores. I would repurchase though :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Jackiehunter212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok so I am going to keep coming back and updating this with results each week (or whenever I feel like it).

A little bit of background info on my skin: I have supremely sensitive skin. When I was younger if I used lip smackers lip gloss and accident get some anywhere but my lips I would turn as red as my garden tomato soap! I also am a teenager and am getting my first bad breakout (a little on my forehead, some very visible discolorations on my nose, and red bumps on my cheeks and chin). I have italian Olive skin and get hyperpgimentation very easily! Now let's see how this cleanser, the matching toner, and the blemish stick work together:

So I bought this last Sunday along with the toner, and now it is Saturday. Here are the current effects on my skin: (P.S. I was using the entire expensive Clinique Acne Solutions line for 3 months, and I think it was a good "prep" for this)

Week 1) I had semi-clear skin (a few red bumps, like a pimple with no head, and my cursed acne scars which I have had for over a year). Now the red bumps are minimized sooo much, however I have a large almost cystic papule on my lower cheek and a small little pastule just below my nose. Right now I think my skin is purging, which I must say I am impressed that this is all that came out! Also when I wash this off my face really does feel as soft as a tomato!

How I feel about the product andnot the results so far:

. Smells great!

. Lathers well for a natural product

. Easy to use

. Affordable

UPDATE: This is now Sunday, and it has been exactly one week of use. My skin feels SOOOO smooth I don't believe it! My forehead (which was lightly broken out before) is fully cleared up (minus the most faintest hyperpigmentation I have ever had). My chin, which has always been a problem spot and is considered "overtreated/irritated" is no longer red and only has A (not even a number! A letter of the alphabet amount!) tiny red bump that was much larger and with a pack of it's buddies before.

As for the pimples I got under my nose and on my cheek, well the one under my nose is very dry and should be gone in two days tops, while the one on my cheek has gone down a significant amount and isn't as "in your face" as it was. Which is a very good sign!

UPDATE: It's Monday now, and on my left cheek there are two new small pimples. I think my skin is still purging, not to mention I 1) didn't wash my face as well last night because I had a sleepover or 2) I was smushing that side of the face into my pillow (I am washing them as I type). These are small pimples though, and one is only a little red dot while the other is a tiny head. They should be gone soon.

UPDATE: I broke out more on my cheek! I have given up on this and have returned to clinique. IN just one night of using my clinique my acne has already gotten better. This time I am sticking with it (afterall, if it ain't broke why fix it?) continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

I have never been able to use a bar soap, until now. I love this soap!!! I have oily, acne-prone skin and I was having a reaction to another product and breaking out terribly! This soap along with BB's Tomato Toner and Blemish Stick, made a noticeable difference in just 24hrs. The soap smells so good, and leaves my face feeling clean but not overly stripped. A simple, and effective way to cleanse and control acne, yes please :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by cherrybark

This felt very irritating to my oily acne prone skin. My skin isn't horrible but I always seem to have a blemish here and there. After using this soap my skin became so irritible and small bumps appeared on my forehead and jaw line. Then my skin became very broken out and reddish. It took forever to correct the damage. If your skin is oily, acne prone yet still on the sensitive side beware before using.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by jester1113

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 8:32:00 AM More reviews by RockiRoad

I love this cleanser! It smells exactly like a tomato and not in an artificial way...it really does smell exactly like a tomato! Every time I wash my face I feel like I'm in a vegetable garden. It gives my face a nice clean feeling. I only wish that Burt's Bees would make this product in a pump instead of a bar!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS! I use this with an exfoliating face pad to cleanse at night before using my night Neutrogena Healthy Skin Night Cream, and I adore how smooth and soft my skin is when I use this. So I decided to try it on my body (I'm allergic to something and it was breaking me out). It started clearing me up instantly when used with my exfoliating body gloves (another daily staple to keep the skin young, soft, and beautiful). It is worth the price, though it is a little pricey. This is my current HG...my skin tends to adjust to things after a few months, but for now, this is doing the trick and I am going to stick with it!