April 24, 2014 | 972 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

As I live in Ireland, I am reviewing the European edition of this product.

I was initally intrigied by this product as I had read in a newspaper beauty column (in the UK daily mail as far as I remember) that claimed Nivea Creme had beaten the very expensive Creme De La Mer in dermatologist controlled tests.

This Nivea Creme is the best for my combination sensitive skin. It is not too oily, does not cause blemishes and goes on smooth. Since I started using it years ago, I have not experienced dry skin. Although it is thick, it doesn't feel heavy on my face. It can be used around the eyes without irritation, and it doesn't run or glob up if you perspire. One of these containers lasts me several months too and considering a tub only cost me €1.32 in Boots.. I'll carry on rebuying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by adhanoa1

This review is for the German version.
I absolutely love this stuff! During the winter months, I have very dry skin - especially around my nose. One layer of Nivea creme before bed and I wake up with soft skin - and no flakes! I live in Canada and the best place to buy the German version is from London Drugs. I bought the largest tin jar I could find and it was under $10. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Angela75

I used to live in a moist province and now I'm in a VERY dry one -I was starting to wrinkle around my eyes and my face felt REALLY tight when smiling. Total lack of elasticity. I tried everything including Vaseline but Nivea has really saved my skin. How could I forget about Nivea? Cheap, effective, protective and I fall in love with it again and again!! Be aware, it is slightly oily and you may have to dab your face with a tissue before makeup but the creme never causes rosacea flare ups or pimples, for me, ever! I'm prone to cystic acne from time to time but never with this. My face feels deeply moisturized all day, which is miraculous in this dry winter air (-20 to -40 degrees, gas heat, hot showers) Like a big drink of water on my skin! It is white, VERY thick, almost waxy yet when you apply, it sinks right into your skin and you can feel the water content. You can actually feel moisture being drawn into your skin. The scent is ultra clean and almost faintly herbal and evokes a lot of nostalgia for me. Reminds me of my beautiful mother and my grandmother and how lovely and feminine they smelled. The scent never bothers me and I'm super sensitive to fragrance. Nothing smells like Nivea, so fresh and so soft. It works so well as a lip moisturizer too: better than any lip balm I've ever used. I slather it on at night and my skin feels so nice and stretchy and healthy in the morning. I would bathe in this creme if I could. 1 jar will last AGES and it makes an excellent hand cream too. I apply after Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Soufflé and a sunscreen, and my skin looks dewy and glows. Which is tough as you get older!! I will NEVER be without a jar of this at home and at work.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Eman123

I used to use this and at first it seemed ok but later on I broke out. I also hated the fragrance. I now use the oil cleansing method.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by nikki342

Are you saying i can finally smoothly apply my foundation again?? No caking or patchiness? With this stuff, YES!!!!! Dont know why I ever stopped using it. I used to have a little tin can from Poland. But its an amazing longwear moisturizer, doesnt break me out at all, smells heavenly. The soft creme is great too for something more lightweight. LOVE THIS, HOLY GRAIL!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally picked up the German version of this baby at my local Polish store (Polka) and oh it's so much better than the Mexican version/one they sell in Canadian stores. It's so much thicker and absorbs way better. This stuff hydrates just as well as Eucerin and Cetaphil creams... Also better than La Mer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by myloveisfreeing

I am in love with this creme. The winter makes my skin horribly dry and flaky. I read about it online and when i happened across the german version at our local butcher (haha) I snapped it up. I can put it on and night and yes my skin looks crazy greasy but when I wake up my skin is soft and lovely. I'm sure in the summer it will be to heavy but right now it is my winter HG salvation. (Plus my dad had a good laugh when i sent him into the butcher for face cream after moving out of town)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for my feet. It leaves them feeling soft and my skin absorbs it quickly. I've noticed there are two different variations in the formulas. I've heard it depends on where the cream is made, but really, either one is fine.
I personally can't use this for my face. I'm currently on Roaccutane and my skin isn't even dry enough for this. It's too rich and leaves facial skin extremely shiny with a sticky residue which is there for hours. My grandma, however, swears by this for her face. She's been using it her entire life and is almost 90 but looks like she's in her 60s.

I love the fact that you can get the cream in a tin container - I love anything in a tin container.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this at all. The fragrance in it was REALLY strong and irritating and the lotion was more greasy than it was moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

This is a nice lotion for dry to very dry skin. The problem with this classic lotion is that "mineral oil" is only the second ingredient. The only ingredient more abundant is water. So, this stuff is no good for anyone with oily skin, especially in the face. If your skin isn't very dry, Nivea makes a GREAT alternative: The Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream for face, body, and hands (I use it on my face every day and on my hands throughout the day).