Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 3/18/2015 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cream is way too thick for me. Ya super greasy and it takes ages to absorb. When I apply it I have to take it off after a while using a cotton wipe with toner. I sometimes use it as a mask and my skin is in fact nicer afterwards but as an everyday cream it's way too hard to apply, non absorbing, and greasy.

on 3/15/2015 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This creme is way too oily even for a dry skin like mine. I regret not checking the ingredients, because one of the main ingredients is mineral oil. I've used this twice and i can't tell if this made my face glow because it made my face too oily or it just made my face glow. Also, make sure that you put cream on your hands before applying it to you face. You have to wait for a minute or more to let it sink in to your face and before you can blend it. I like the packaging and the texture but the fact that it has mineral oil kinda dissapoints me.

on 3/14/2015 7:05:00 AM

Waaay to thick for me.

on 3/9/2015 7:48:00 AM

I really liked this moisturiser :) I have combination skin which is prone to break outs. This didn't cause any major breakouts for me and seemed to give my skin the perfect amount of moisture. It has a nice smell and easy packaging (tube). I would definitely repurchase :)

on 3/2/2015 2:04:00 AM

First - For *me*, this works very well. It is soothing, and is the most moisturizing product I've ever used.

However, there is some talk about the ingredients, namely mineral oil, and I also see a few mentions of alcohol.

Regarding the mineral oil, this is not an issue and is safe for skin. It is non-comedogenic and unlikely to cause skin reactions.

Regarding the alcohol - it is not rubbing alcohol, but lanolin alcohol. The word "alcohol" describes a type of molecular structure, and different alcohols do different things. Think of it this way - "fat" also describes a type of molecular structure, but there are good fats (like Omega 3) and bad fats (like trans fat).

The real (potential) problem in the ingredient list is the last two ingredients - methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone. These can be irritating and potentially allergenic.

Also, there is no reason to include fragrance in any skin care - fragrance is problematic for sensitive skin, and can also be allergenic. Personally, I try not to use anything with fragrance in it, and for that, I am taking off a lippie.

The take away is this - for someone like me, who is not sensitive to the potentially irritating ingredients, this is a good option for rescuing very dry skin, and giving it a rest from more complex products.

But some people will react to this badly.

In other words, YMMV.

on 2/23/2015 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

HG... This creme is thicker than any other body butter I've ever used, and as far as I'm concerned, Nivea doesn't charge nearly enough money for it. But shhh, don't tell them. ;) I buy the glass jar that is 13.5 oz, because it's only 50 cents more than the jar that's half its size. Why they do this, I don't know, especially since both sizes are next to each other and everyone older than 6 years old can understand how odd that is.
But anyhoo, I use this creme daily, and yet it still lasts me forever! I apply thin layers at a time, letting my skin soak it in before I rub on another layer. I love the fact that this is non greasy and leaves my skin feeling like satin. The only con I can think of is that the smell isn't my favorite. It's really not noticeable though, thank goodness. And another good thing is that it also comes in a little tin for traveling or testing it out. I'm pretty sure it's only a dollar, so not only is it super convenient, but you don't have to waste much money to see if you will like it. So there's my .02, hope it helps.

on 2/23/2015 9:59:00 PM

Nice cream, nice packaging, great price, but won't buy any more of it. I used it on my elbows when I was younger during a phase where they got really, really dry and dark. But nowdays I rarely use any cream, much less one as THICK as this one.

on 2/22/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm hesitant to write this review as I've only used it one time but the results were so fantastic that I'm throwing caution to the wind. I always used to see these cute blue tins of Nivea creme while I was abroad about 5 years ago- Nivea is extremely popular in the parts of Europe I was in, like Spain and Portugal. In retrospect I'm frustrated I never tried it while I was there since my skin had been crying for help! I recall my skin was at both times greasy and dry with a multitude of angry zits- I think it had been a combination of new food and stress acclimating to a new culture. Anyways, on to the present day. I had been noticing that my combination skin seemed lackluster and that there were faint lines around my eyes which had been irritating me the past few months. Rosehip oil did seem to help with the lines but the rest of my skin just seemed so...dull. I struggle with hormonal breakouts as my skin likes to throw a hissy fit every once in a while so I wasn't going to risk putting the rose hip oil on the rest of my face. Out of boredom I started searching MUA to see if there were any creams or moisturizers that could both hydrate my skin and NOT incite my skin into more rebellion. After seeing all the rave reviews of Nivea and of it's lengthy history, I decided I would try and purchased two of the tiny little tins.

At first I tried Vaseline since it is not comedogenic due to it's large molecule size and rarely creates allergic reactions. However because I used a fragranced variety, my skin started to itch and feel hot. I washed it off and instead put on a light amount of Nivea; I loved the thick consistency (like whipped shea butter) and it's floral/powdery scent. My partner also commented on the smell, stating that it reminded him of his childhood as his Portuguese grandmother would always use it. I woke up after a night of letting it soak on my face and let me say, I was very impressed- my skin appears more even toned, soft and even more amazingly, my dark circles appear fainter ( I have always had dark circles and had basically just given up hope that they could ever be remedied, chalking it up to bad genetics). Even a deep pimple that hadn't yet surfaced (sorry, gross description) seems to be less inflamed and is healing. The hyper-pigmentation from past acne marks seems to be so much lighter- and I had been using Concha de Nacar to lighten those and just one night of using Nivea did what 3 applications of that could do! I'll make sure to update my results after using this for a more extensive time period but I am very eager to just go purchase the large tub.

on 2/17/2015 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've been using it on and off for years but now always have some in my handbag that gets frequent use while travelling due to the compact packaging and wide availability at a great price. I find it a bit heavy for facial use every day even though I have dry skin, so I often sheer it out with a little argan oil. This is the absolute best cream ever to use right after shaving to rehydrate skin. My legs definitely notice the difference if I use another moisturiser. It's also great to quench extra dry areas like knees and elbows. A little goes a long way and I love the thicker texture but the consistency does sometimes require you to massage it in if you've used too much. Also contrary to what some are saying, I find the ingredients list to be beneficial, not controversial at all. Mineral oil doesn't necessarily clog pores, lanolin is an amazing moisturiser that is usually ethically sourced, and alcohol doesn't instantly irritate unless you are sensitive to certain types. This is a cult classic for a reason, and even though the formula is a bit dated and not as elegant as newer creams, it still does its job very well and has the added perks of convenience and low cost, which keeps me coming back.

on 2/11/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

They say Marilyn Monroe loved this stuff, which is the only reason why I bought it, because who DOESN'T want to feel as glamorous as Marilyn whenever they pummel some goo into their epidermis each day? And only for a dollar, too!

This is my favorite moisturizer for travel. It comes in a cute, convenient little tin. Just shove it in your purse, your pocket, your bra, whatever, and now you're Marilyn Monroe on The Go! (That was awful. I am not sorry.)

For dry-skinned babes like me, this is also a good moisturizer to include in your winter skincare routine. Actually, It could probably work for babes of any skin type. However, I find that Nivea is pretty much impossible to rub in thoroughly unless your skin is warmed up, so it works the best if you apply it after taking a shower. Don't apply this to skin that's still wet, though. You'll get a strange film all over your face. Pat your face dry with a towel first, then apply.

This product has a light scent, which at first made me nervous, because usually my sensitive skin throws tantrums whenever I rub smelly stuff all over it. Fortunately, Nivea has never caused me any bad reactions.

Overall, this is a good moisturizer. Perhaps it's not the best ever, but it gets the job done decently, causes no breakouts, and it's very convenient. I recommend it to all of my friends, and I can't imagine not having this as my trusty backup.