Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/11/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

They say Marilyn Monroe loved this stuff, which is the only reason why I bought it, because who DOESN'T want to feel as glamorous as Marilyn whenever they pummel some goo into their epidermis each day? And only for a dollar, too!

This is my favorite moisturizer for travel. It comes in a cute, convenient little tin. Just shove it in your purse, your pocket, your bra, whatever, and now you're Marilyn Monroe on The Go! (That was awful. I am not sorry.)

For dry-skinned babes like me, this is also a good moisturizer to include in your winter skincare routine. Actually, It could probably work for babes of any skin type. However, I find that Nivea is pretty much impossible to rub in thoroughly unless your skin is warmed up, so it works the best if you apply it after taking a shower. Don't apply this to skin that's still wet, though. You'll get a strange film all over your face. Pat your face dry with a towel first, then apply.

This product has a light scent, which at first made me nervous, because usually my sensitive skin throws tantrums whenever I rub smelly stuff all over it. Fortunately, Nivea has never caused me any bad reactions.

Overall, this is a good moisturizer. Perhaps it's not the best ever, but it gets the job done decently, causes no breakouts, and it's very convenient. I recommend it to all of my friends, and I can't imagine not having this as my trusty backup.

on 2/8/2015 10:50:00 AM

I like the texture of this cream and it definitely moisturizes. Unfortunately, I really do not like the ingredients list. It is chock full of ingredients I would not apply to my body except in a pinch. It includes mineral oil, lanolin, and alcohol, which I am not a real fan of.

on 2/8/2015 10:13:00 AM

This product has made a huge difference for my skin! My hands are constantly cracked and dry during the winter and they don't get much better no matter what cream I put on. I found this Creme and put the jar next to my bed. It's very greasy so I mainly only use it at night. I put a lot on before bed (takes forever to soak In) and wake up with the softest hands! I Have been using this religiously for about a week and hardly even need to apply lotion during the day, that's how soft and long lasting this Creme is! I will definetly repurchase.

on 2/7/2015 9:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I stay in a warm and humid country and the climate is not helping my dry skin.
With serum or hydrating lotion, some times I still wake up with fine, mild flakes on my face.
I then turn to Nivea Creme and almost never looked back.

With Nivea, its impossible for my skin to flake. I scoop a little with my finger (around half the size of almond nut) and spread it around my face and neck. I use this 2-3 times a day.

Like most skincare products, it will not produce a miracle.
It is definitely NOT SUFFICIENT to slow down aging or cure genetic flaws (rough skin texture etc).
I have been using it for a year now though i'm no dermatologist but I can see that it does not hydrate my skin but rather, it creates a protective, slightly oily film on my skin and prevents it from drying out. If you are blessed with awesome genes, this product alone may suffice.

I used to use this as a standalone product in my skincare regime but lately I realized I get better results when I use serums to smooth/brighten my skin and apply nivea creme to seal in the moisture.

on 1/30/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My sister in law is a couponer and she got a bunch so she gave me some. I've been using it for three months now and I feel it works okay. It moisturizes okay but it's kinda greasy feeling and takes a while to absorb so I don't put it on my fingertips so I can use my phone. haha Having long nails doesn't work well with a small tin so I use my knuckle to pick up the product but sometimes it slips off my knuckle. I'm kinda just using it to use it up so I can go back to my Curel Hand & Cuticle Therapy.

on 1/30/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This cream really changed my entire skin care regime (German version). Now I only wipe my face down with a hot flannel to clean it and then rub Nivea Creme in.
I have oily/combination skin that is also incredibly sensitive and acne prone (nightmare), do not trust those that recommend this cream for just dry skins. I tried going green and only using and trying out all the oils there is in the entire world bar crude, they all didnít moisturise as well as I wanted and broke me out. It wasnít until my final year of uni after trying Nivea Soft and finding it alright, but not moisturizing enough, that I decided to give up all hope and just try the Creme.
Iím so glad I did, itís moisturizing and after you immediately put it on, it is oily. However, at night you do not need to worry (it sinks in quite a bit within five minutes) and in the morning before I put makeup on I just wipe the excess gently off my face with a towel and my skin is supple and matte. Everything glides on better. This will not be a cure for oily skin, and believe me, we donít one (our skin type remains youthful longer), but it will keep you moisturised and will not break you out.

Just to add, I am in the UK and use the German version. I donít know about the Mexican version, but I know that in some cases we stock the version from Thailand which is NO GOOD. My skin actually looks visibly healthy after a night in the German NC, but the Thai one breaks my skin out and doesnít moisturise as well.
P.S.S when using this, because it is so moisturizing it loosens black heads in your skin. Some might call this a ďpurging,Ē but itís really not bad, and they fade within a day leaving your skin really clear and blackhead free! Something I never thought would be my reality!

on 1/23/2015 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is serious for really dry skin. It's awesome for winter and my hands. My cuticles especially benefit from this stuff. It's super emolient and needs a bit to sink in. Once it does you have the softest skin.

I would definitely buy this again.

on 1/17/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. I work at a nursing home so I'm constantly washing my hands which leaves them rough and dry. This works wonders on my hands and it has a pleasant smell, almost like sunscreen.

on 1/10/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, because moisturize my skin and makes it stay super soft. It is good for all types of skin , My skin is very sensitive and it works amazing and does not irritate my skin at all.

on 1/8/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This moisturizer is pretty good. I used to put it on before bed every single night and it was okay, mind you I do have eczema. This cream did sting sometimes when I put it on my hands. If you use this stuff like crazy, it'll probably get the job done. The only thing I didn't really like was how heavy and oily it was on my skin. Definitely don't use it on your face unless you have extremely dry skin. I absolutely love the packaging of this product. You don't have to worry about using too much of it because you are in control.