April 20, 2014 | 1652 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Belle De Jour

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do love NARS lipsticks but I'm not super crazy about this shade. It is a wearable warm nude that is kind of a luster finish imo. It's a little too sheer and too warm for my liking. It doesn't flatter my golden skin tone. I prefer a nude with a more pink base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This lipstick is a peachy-nude matte color. I did not find this lipstick to be that great. I only purchased this because Kim K said this is her go to nude lipstick. I have several nude lipsticks and this one did not really stand out to me, but the price sure as heck did. I swatched it next to all my nudes and yes the color is actually different then all of them. But once applied, it resembles the exact same nude lip! Maybe my problem is that I keep buying these nude colors thinking one of them will be different but how can it be different if they are all in the same color family? I know so confusing. Anyhow, I am sending this one off to a lovely subscriber who will give some more love I. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loooovvve this lipstick! It's a nice sheer nude that is super moisturizing. Looks great on my NC40 skintone. The only 2 things I don't like are the smell (which goes away) and the price. I love to pair this with a smokey eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by deandanl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my GO TO LIPSTICK i love this product, always have always will the only bad thing is I run out of this stuff so fast, guess im addicted!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by badgerengr

I have quite pigmented lips and this is a definite HG for me as long as my lips have been recently exfoliated and are very smooth. I find it highlights flakiness quite a bit.

It's a lovely, creamy nude without being corpse-like. It's the one l/s that I keep going back to over and over. It looks great dressed down, dressed up, and with a multitude of glosses over the top. Perfect paired with any other make-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this lipstick. It's a great nude and has pretty good staying power. I didn't find that it dried out my lips like it did for some reviewers. I love nude lipsticks and this is in my top 3 for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

someone told me Kim la K wears this color.

I don't know if she does or not, but I will say that this color is a lovely peachy/nude shade which looks great on most skin tones.

I will say that NARS didn't do such a great job on this color as it is a bit too wishy washy and doesn't really stay on long.... it is like a gloss in a tube. In order to make it stay on, I usually line the whole lip and then use this on top.

I don't think it merits 5 lippies because it is expensive, and highly dupable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by claudel67123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i went into Sephora looking for a good nude lipstick i ran to the NARS counter hoping they would have one. They did I swatched it on my hand and i decided it would be worth a try (knowing that most NARS cosmetics are of good quality) so i did buy it. Once i got home and tried it, i was amazed yet disappointed in the product. The colour is absolutely horrid. Im guessing the horrible Sephora lighting made it look more of anude beige. Anyways the texture is great of the lips it almost feels like your putting on a lip balm while the colour is terrible it total looks orange! An other flaw to this product is that your lips have to be extremely well hydrated in order to make this lipstick look decent (if you have any cracks or dry spots on your lips this lipstick will only make them look worse!) A lip liner is recommended with this lipstick because it is quite sheer and does not last more than two hours (without eating or drinking). This product is really bad! Wil NEVER buy again! Not worth 29$

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by CutieAmy324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this because it's a nice nude lipstick without the look of having concealer on your lips and gloss. 24.00 for a lipstick is a bit much. I'm pretty sure I could find a cheaper dupe for belle de jour. My only complaints with this lipstick is the price, and the weird medicine smell it has. I notice after 10 min or so, the smells fades a bit. I find this color looks best paired with a dramatic smokey eye. The only way I wouldn't repurchase this is if I were to find a cheaper version!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MissNrrdGirl

This is a very nice nude color, but I don't think it's anything special. It's quite pricey for what it is, so I will not purchase this lipstick again. I think it does look nice with Nars striptease lipgloss on top and I will definitely use this lipstick up.