MAC Stone Lip Pencil

4.2

on 7/16/2006 8:54:00 PM

MAC Stone l/l. This is the perfect cool toned grey'd brown to wear with either very cool toned beige-nude, cool brown-nude, muted cool toned pink-nude, muted mauve-nude, muted lavendar nudes, or any other very muted (or grey'd) toned lipcolors. I love it, applied very lighthandedly, under MAC Bare Venus. Very lightly! I don't know why some insist on giving this l/l a bad rating just because the color didn't look good on them...alone....under a clear gloss. ? I thought the whole purpose of lipliner, was to line the lips. Yes, some l/l might be of a color suitable to fill in for a lipstick, but maybe not this one. I don't think that makes it a bad color. It serves it's purpose. And it's also a great color for those of us with VERY pigmented lips, who like a lip pencil that is muted enough to tone down the redness, before we apply a sheer nude shade. Stone is much like the discontinued MAC l/s: Folio. That too was a very hard color to wear "as is", thickly layered on. But if one used it very sheerly, over very naturally red lips, it did magic! It prep'd the pigmented lip for a nude lipstick, which otherwise would have just turned out too pink without it. If you wear a lot of cool toned nudes, and/or you have very pigmented lips (which bother you, as they do me), you will like Stone l/l. Stone is amongst my very favorite MAC beige-brown l/l (Stone: cool/ashy nude brown; Oak (muted neutral beige brown); Stripdown (slightwarm peach/pink'd nude beige brown); and Spice (the ultimate warm/cinnamon beige brown nude).

on 6/6/2006 6:25:00 PM

When I first tried this a while ago it wasn't quite right, no idea why but it was too dark. After giving it another go it's much better and is pretty near to being perfect neutral for me. As other people have said, go easy with it and you get a taupey result which (for my complexion) is a near perfect neutral.

I have very dark brown/black hair, pale skin and blue eyes so I can come over a bit goth if I'm too heavy handed with ANY make-up, but this lip liner with a slightly pinker lip gloss over the top is finally achieveing for me what I've wanted for ages.
I think when some people go for neautral they're going for their natural lip colour and for others they want a more muted/taupe shade as their neutral.
The word 'neutral' is always treated as a universal term when in fact it's as personal as any other choice of make-up.

on 4/11/2006 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

makes me look dead! The color literally looks grey on me, threw it out, at first in the store it looked good, but after wearing it for a couple of weeks I realized it made me look horrible!

on 11/17/2005 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very unique color, and I wear it under l/s colors that are otherwise too light on my pale lips. I've found, though, that if the l/s I wear doesn't have enough red in it, the liner makes me look a bit like a corpse -- def. can't wear this l/l alone. Il'l keep it, but it might be forever before I use it up. Not an everyday color for me - I'm very pale w/dark hair.

on 10/26/2005 7:50:00 PM

LOVE the stone lip pencil! It's been my staple for 5 years, since I had my make-over for my friends' wedding. I'm a pale with yellow undertone, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Everytime I wear a lip pencil with orange or pink/red undertones, my face looks ruddy. Looks like I have a upcoming hive break-out on my face, eventhough I'm not wearing any makeup. Stone is a taupey lipliner and I line my lips lightly after I apply lipstick or lipgloss. Stone goes with every color of lipsticks and lipsglosses. My advice is don't draw it too heavy, just go easy on it. If I run out of it, I RUN and buy 3 or 4 of them! I have it in my bathroom, purse, and in office!

on 5/4/2005 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lovin' this liner. It's a great YLBB shade if applied LIGHTLY. I'd chose this over Spice or Whirl anyday.

on 1/7/2005 4:10:00 PM

This is a great color. My essential liner when I use Christian Dior plastic shine in pure beige.

on 9/21/2004 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My new favorite MAC l/l. It goes with hyper and orchid strate, two of my favorite shades. I wear this shade when I'm wearing dull colors b/c otherwise it looks kind of scary. It's a grayish brownish, god knows what shade, and I love it. If I want a glossy finish I use spite lipglass.

This is my everyday favorite lipliner. It makes my lips look bigger when I line for definition and rub it in, although most of the time I use it with Folio lipstick, because used alone it can look alittle like you have a not so pretty mustache if you overline. The color is a muted medium grayed slightly plum taupe but its a really sexy shade in my opinion, very neutral.

on 3/16/2004 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stone is a medium brown color with taupe undertones. Unlike Cork, it has no warmth in it. It makes me look dead. Not a flattering shade at all! Definately get Cork instead.

Popular Lip Liners