November 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff! I need to get more actually. It really works! It doesn't look cakey and it helps to control oil and helps foundation to stay on longer. Amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by SofiyaKievskaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best compact powder I have ever used. I don't like its packaging very much, but the quality of this product is great.
First of all, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin with rosacea. Secondly, a color matches me very well (1w transparent). Thirdly, this powder is very lightweight, you can see it on your skin only if you look hard in daylight.
"Aeromatt" gives a good mattifying finish. My face gets shiny only after six hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Once you get the right color, it's a great powder. I normally use loose powder, but decided to pick this up and I'm really glad that I did. I had to take it back because the SA gave me 2W Light (I wear 1C1 foundations) and I traded it for a 1C Light and it was terrific! I put it on outside in broad daylight (some of the most unforgiving light) for the first time and it melted into my skin. I couldn't even see it, but my skin looked clean and matte. From the looks of it, it should last me a long time so 26 bucks really wasn't a bad deal. The packaging is very nice. I'm not super crazy about the puff so I may use the EL powder brush and see how that works out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by horkusone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am NOT a fan of pressed powders because they tend to look so chalky and icky. This stuff though - wow! I love, love, love it. I have been using this for about 4 years now and I just hope that EL never stops making it.

It is such a finely milled powder that the result is an almost imperceptible veil that looks completely fresh. Yes! That is what I have always wanted from pressed powder and I will always buy this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sweetheart519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best powder I have ever used. Gives you an airbrushed looking finish. I am acne-prone and have some scarring, and this just airbrushes a lot of it away. I use it with Equalizer foundation and my boyfriend has thought several times that I had no makeup on, when I really did. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ILChazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily and sensitive skin and no powder seems to do much about it, but this one is really good. I have it in Transparent so I cant review its coverage since it doesnt add any color, but it definetely gives my face matt look. Not that dried-up, unnatural matt look most powders give me. This looks natural with healty glow. Of course my face gets shiny after few hours so I have to blot and re-apply powder, but it's not surprising due to my skin type.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted the GWP so I was pushed into buying a compact to reach the closest target price. I am very fair with cool undertones, EL does not make my color *cough* but the lady at the counter swore 1W is transparent and the closest I can get (they did not carry 1C at the counter, maybe it didn't exist at the time)- this crap makes me look ORANGE and does not cover up my SHINE. I'm not too mad b/c it blends easily with my bronzer in the summer and I love the mirror compact b/c i think it magnifies and the magnetic closure is break-proof. So not a complete loss.

On a funny note: my ferret is addicted to my more expensive makeup, somehow she just knows what to steal to make me mad. But ever since this compact, she's given up on even Dior- she only wants /this/ compact and I'm not sad when I can't find it :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Exceptionally fine-milled pressed powder that doesn't look chalky or cakey on me. I use 3W - Medium Warm which is sort of a good match, but like most of EL products, tends to be a ghastly pinked up tone. Still, it does a great job of setting foundation and adding an airbrushed look. Would surely repurchase...wish they'd have better colors tho.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by GoddessGreenEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this powder - I had tested it at the EL counter and it seemed like a good fit for my skin and foundation (EL's Double Wear). But when I got it home and tried it in 'real life,' I discovered it didn't suit me so well. The lightest color was a bit dark for my skin tone (I've got ultra-porcelain skin), but it had looked fine under the lights of the EL counter. I like the magnet-closing, square case, but the square puff inside isn't thick enough, IMO, to pick up enough product for application, so I have to keep re-applying. Also, the square puff makes it hard to get the powder into places like around the nose and under the eyes. I know a lot of people really like this, so definitely try it if the other reviews convince you it's The One. It's just really not meant for me, which is disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2008 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ameshi

The best thing about Aeromatte is the case. I love the colour and the sleekness, but while powder itself does a decent job of controlling oil and has reasonable staying power, it didn't do it for me in terms of its finish and its colour range. 2W was too dark for my skin but 1W appeared ashen/white on me. And while the feel of the powder is soft and luxurious, it is also rather drying. What a shame.