Mary Kay TimeWise Age fighting Moisturizer C/O

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, one of my best friends started selling Mary Kay and invited me to her selling "debut" which was disguised as a skincare party. Now, I am a highend product snob and although MK is not cheap it does have an avon-ish stigma (AND I have sensitive skin) so I figured I would walk away empty handed. Unfortunately for my wallet, not so. This is one of the products I decided to try. I have combination/sensitive/acne prone skin and have to be very careful what I use. I was using oil of olay sensitive moisturizer for about 6 years but as I've gotten older (I'm 23 now), it just isn't enough moisture anymore. I switched to shiseido the skincare day moisture protection but it was a bit greasy and never really seemed to sink in. In the absolute depths of winter this moisturizer will not be enough, but right now in the spring and on into the summer im sure it will be fabulous. I think it helps to mattify my skin a bit, doesn't break me out and moisturizes where I need it. I HATE that it doesn't already have sunscreen in it and I have one dry stubborn patch on my nose that this doesn't take care of, hence the four. I use it over the MK day solution and am absolutely loving my skin right now. Hth!

on 1/24/2008 3:23:00 PM

Although this worked well for me and I was really happy with it for my combination/oily skin, it contains "polyacrylamide" which if you read has been debated to be a carcinogen in long term use. ***Sigh**. So sad. Off to try to find a substitute. Any ideas?

on 12/16/2007 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i would buy this again in summer. its a great light moisturizer for warm weather, but not so good in winter. it doesn't really control oil and i have used all of the oil control products from MK and they only work for 15 minutes.

after a month or two, i noticed the moisturizer started to smell like perm. so i doubt i'll purchasae again if this keeps happening.

on 11/14/2007 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I sold Mary Kay for a short time, and had leftover inventory. I tried this just because. I have normal skin that can be oily in the tzone during the summer; and have small, dry patches on my cheeks in the winter. I found this Timewise moisturizer for Oily skin great as a nighttime moisturizer (this one is w/o SPF) and especially great during the summertime. It sinks right in, leaving my skin smooth. It would also be a great moisturizer if you're in a rush and want to put on your powder/blush right away (sometimes the powder doesn't blend that well when you have moisturizer on your face that needs a bit of time to 'sink in'). No breakouts, skin is well moisturized when I wake up in the morning. Price isn't bad - mid range for me.

on 9/28/2007 12:46:00 PM

Not a bad moisturizer, but it wasn't enough for my slightly dehydrated skin. Didn't cause any breakouts or oilyness.

on 6/26/2007 12:10:00 AM

This is one of my favorite moisturizers and I have used it off/on for several years. It is perfect for summer b/c it's slightly matte and makes my skin look really nice. There aren't any state of the art ingredients in here which is why I continue to look for other products, but this is a good basic moisturizer for my very sensitive skin. I buy mine from ebay for great prices. I decided to go back to this recently b/c my skin had been breaking out and I needed to calm it down. This always does the trick, never clogs my pores or irritates.

on 5/16/2007 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a generous 1 oz. sample of this product from my husband's cousin, who sells Mary Kay. I rarely find a moisturizer that I like, but this is quite nice on my oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. It is lightweight and matte but still provides adequate moisture. However, I don't plan to purchase it because I still prefer my HG moisturizer: PC Skin Balancing Moisture Gel. Overall, though, it is a good moisturizer for combination to oily skin, and it is one of the few Mary Kay skin care products that I think is actually worth purchasing. Ingredients: water, glycerin, isododecane, dimethicone, propylene glycol, betaine, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, boron nitride, ammonium acryloyl-dimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, peg-12 dimethicone, polyacrylamide, phenoxyethanol, c13-14 isoparaffin, lauramide oxide, disodium edta, methylparaben, triethanolamine, c9-15 Alkyl phosphate, dmdm hydantoin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, linoleamidopropyl, pg-dimonium chloride phosphate, sodium pca sorbitol, serine, thermus thermophillus ferment, threonine, proline, arginine, glycine, alanine, lysine, glutamic acid.
continued >>

on 5/9/2007 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its a great everyday moisturizer. I often use it before sleep and in the morning, before my foundation (I also like mary kay medium coverage foundation and bourjois matt lovely).I have such an oily skin that becomes shiny during the day. It doesnt make my skin looks matte as I always want in a product, but its not the proposal of this moisturizer. It doesnt cloge my pores and doesnt add more oil to my skin. It keepsthe skin well hidrate. I dont like the cap of it because it open very easily and I always caring my everyday products and make up with me.
Overall, my skin goes very well with mary kay products. I like the variety of products that are really made for oily skin.

(Forgive me about the bad english, but Im not from USA ou England ;))

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and this moisturizer is very light and does not make my face shiny at all. The only drawback is that it is expensive. But I just use very little in the morning and it does last along time.

on 12/29/2006 5:27:00 PM

Well, i went on a MK kick after loving the face bar...i had high hopes for this between that and the reviews on here. Unfortunatly, this kinda disapointed me. It felt nice, did moisturize pretty well, and i loved the clean scent (even though it's probably unscented), but i notice that i have less problems with my skin ( blemishes, general clarity etc) when i take a break from this. If i'm going to spend that ammount of money on a moisturizer, i'll go back to my alpha hydroxy cream. This is purely mediocre.

Popular Moisturizers