December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser C/O

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lizg319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser (and the matching moisturizer) is amazing, and I will be forever grateful for it for giving me what I have always wanted: completely clear skin! I have to admit, this stuff took me by surprise. I had never tried Mary Kay products before this, and all I knew about Mary Kay was the pink emollient night cream that my mom used (which I would never ever put on my very oily skin). So I wasn't expecting much when I went to my first MK party. The day of the party was a humid summer day and my face already felt gross and oily, so I gladly used some of this cleanser to cleanse and remove my makeup. We didn't use water, just wet wipes to remove the cleanser...and yet it got my face completely clean and refreshed feeling. So needless to say, I ordered the cleanser and moisturizer. And using only those two products, my face completely cleared up! I did not break out even once while using those two products. I guess what my skin needed all along was a gentle cleanser and moisturizer instead of all the harsh oil- and acne-fighting products I had used before.
The cleanser is an unfragranced gel with little "exfoliating" beads. It doesn't really foam up and create a lot of lather, which I wasn't used to, but it works. Also, I don't think the beads are very exfoliating. I think a previous reviewer got it right by saying they just have beneficial ingredients that burst during cleansing. So don't expect much in the way of exfoliation with this product.
Unfortunately, it is a bit pricey for me right now, and I was having to use too much of it to remove my very water resistant sunscreen, so I had to switch (Right now I'm using Purpose gentle face wash). But overall, I love this product and plan on using it again someday. It's seriously the reason why I have great skin now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser about two weeks ago, so I haven't used it for very long. I think it cleanses very, very well. I can't remember my facial skin being cleaner than it is now. I don't think the exfoliating beads are meant to be "scrubby" - I think they are meant to provide very gentle exfoliation (a bit like Origins' "Never a Dull Moment"). I think if the cleanser had more beads it would be too harsh for everyday use. I love how smooth my face is after cleansing - almost like a baby's bottom. I usually smooth it on when I get into the shower, do my business, then rub a little with some water, then rinse. Sometimes I apply it to dry skin, sometimes to wet, but the result is always the same clean, baby-smooth skin.

Now unto the negative: I think I am sensitive to this cleanser. My skin (combination) is very dry after cleansing and needs a lot of moisturiser (not Timewise - I was not impressed with it at all!). I would not mind having to use more moisturiser, but my skin has also become very, very sensitive. My skin actually burns, and I think the cleanser is responsible. Unfortunately, I still have a whole tube left, so I only use it in the mornings now, and in the evenings I use a gentler face wash. Therefore only lippies, and I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! I was previously using Origins Checks and Balance and thought it was great...until I found this! Never realized what a film my previous cleanser left behind. I noticed an improvement in my skin within just a few days. Blemishes litterally disappeared, pores shrunk and overall my face has a pretty glow to it now. I've gotten alot of compliments since I've switched. The only little complaint I have is that it can be slightly drying. Honestly, I just go a little heavier on my moisterizer and I'm good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The image of this picture above is an old package, the new ones are pink tubes with black lids. I was pleasantly surprised by this product. Sounded like scam to me - they no longer sell the toner separately? but I have to say - I love this cleanser. The best thing about it - is you can use it in the shower. The only product was terrible in the shower, but this product is a bit sticky, so it clings to your face, and you really just need a tiny dab, so it's worth the money. Works well with the MaryKay line. I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. It cleanses well without drying my skin. I don't get much exfoliation from it, so I'm adding that with another product as needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sunlee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good, basic, fragrance-free cleanser. It removes makeup well, and my face doesn't feel overly dry or tight afterwards. I do notice some dry flakiness around my mouth and just under the inner arch of my eyebrows, but as those are naturally the only dry areas in my otherwise very oily face, and just about every other cleanser I've tried for oily skin dries out those areas too. The instructions for the cleanser state to keep away from around the eyes, but when I wash my face, I rub cleanser everywhere and I haven't noticed any stinging, and it removes eye makeup well.

I wish the packaging was different. I really don't care for tubes all that much. Much prefer pumps or squeeze bottles.

I don't think the beads are meant to be exfoliating; rather I think they're supposed to be filled with beneficial ingredients for the skin, just like the Nightime Moisturizer (but those beads are "popped" with each pump).

I have noticed that my skin has been better since using the TimeWise line in that it takes my nose longer to develop noticeable blackheads. I've had blackheads since puberty, and think I always will, or until my skin stops being so oily. Typically, I wait until the blackheads are noticeable (and I always notice them before anyone else), and then I attack them with Biore Pore Strips and manual extraction. The TimeWise has been a blessing in that I can go longer between attack modes.

Another substantial side benefit to using the TimeWise is that I don't have any clogged pores on my chin. I don't get inflamed pimples on my chin, however, I used to see tiny whitish "quills" sticking out of my chin. These were impossible to extract manually, and just about the only way to get rid of them was to apply Biore Pore Strips to my chin area regularly. The tiny whitish "quills" have all but disappeared, but now I do have to deal with dry, flaky skin around my mouth and chin area, which is easily taken care of with generous applications of the TimeWise Moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

I've used this and the C/D version for about 6 years now...so obviously, I like it! ;) I use the C/O version in the summer, the C/D version in the winter. I love that it doesn't take much at all for each use so a tube lasts me a very long time.

When I wear makeup, this removes it easily. My face always feels perfectly cleansed, it's not left greasy or dried out. I don't think it does much as far as the exfoliating it's suppose to do but that doesn't matter to me, I use other products for that anyway. I generally don't feel the need for a toner after using this.

The only negative thing about it isn't all that important really... It has no scent. I suppose that's good for someone that's sensitive to fragrances or just doesn't like them in their cleansers, but I do enjoy a fresh scent. Regardless of that, it performs great and I will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Kattiitta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After being a faithful Lancome user for years, I've been using nothing but Mary Kay products since 05 and cannot use anything else now. This has got to be the best cleanser I've ever used, and the price is great, especially at the 50% level. I bought this from a friend who was a rep, and after using it I got hooked and became a personal use rep so I can get these products for half off. Love it and highly recommend giving it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

This is my go to cleanser in the warmer months when my skin gets oily. Keep the oilies under control for me and no break outs=) Luv this cleanser!=)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by azianbeauty

I've only been using it for about a week or so but I already see a difference in my complexion. I'm not breaking out as much as I used to and my skin feels less dry and a lot more smooth.