L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

3.5

AQUA / WATER / EAU • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • GLYCERIN SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • TITANIUM DIOXIDE • OZOKERITE • PHENOXYETHANOL • MAGNESIUM SULFATE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • METHYLPARABEN • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • BUTYLPARABEN ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE • ALUMINA • MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE • CALCIUM PANTETHEINE SULFONATE • DEXTRAN SULFATE • SILICA [+/- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES MICA ]

on 8/8/2014 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product is not working for me. I got the shade W4-5. It does not conceal any spots and especially dark eye circles in anyway. It looks cakey and out of place under the eye. Also it doesnt last long. I would not recommend this to anyone

on 8/8/2014 12:24:00 AM

When I first purchased this product, I was in love with it. It wouldn't fade, or become oily/shiny on my skin over time, which is something I've had a problem with in past concealers. It had great coverage for my acne scars and occasional pimples once you apply a setting powder. The color selection is great and I wear it with the matching powder. The right brush can make this product look perfect!

After owning the product for a few months, I have just started noticing my skin becoming oily and shiny after only 3 hours, mostly in my T-zone (I have combo skin). I've already begun searching for a new product. It might be that the product is getting old, but it's definitely a bummer!

on 8/3/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I found this concealer a bit greasy in texture. Also the colors are not the best. They look much too fake I would expect Loreal to finally get it together and make a decent concealer but they haven't.
Looks cakey under the eyes, and does not wear long.

Before I start I have to say my skin is pretty much recovering from a really bad year. I broke out like crazy last year and I have some scars left, so I'm very careful to what I place on my skin. I stopped wearing foundation over the summer which pretty much rejuvenated my skin to say the least.

Anyway, I started moisturizing and I wanted to apply concealer to cover my scars and the occasional pimple, but I didn't know which concealer to buy. My problem has always been that I always buy the wrong tone color for my skin. :( but with this concealer even though I was a little off in the color it still matched my skin and left no ugly concealer lines. It's extremely blend able and very light weight. I love it. I can just wear tinted moisturizer and this concealer! The only thing I dislike is the price. I mean it is a drugstore product and I understand for some people ours considered cheap bit this concealer has little product for $15. :( overall I would but and recommended concealer to anyone who has sensitive or acne prone skin.

on 8/3/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

**Updating my review: with the help of the MUA boards, it turns out that I actually have yellow, not pink, undertones, which is the opposite of what MAC told me but it definitely seems to hold true. I think the grayish issue that this caused under my eyes was partially a result of this! I'm going to try the warm/fair version next time.

I have this concealer in C-1-2-3. I use the True Match powder in C-1, which is on the lighter range of the shades this concealer is designed for. When I apply this concealer it appears too dark on my skin, but if I let it sit for a minute or two before patting to blend it in it looks okay.

My under-eye circles vary in darkness from day to day (and it isn't always correlated with how well I've slept, either). On darker days, I need to use an under-eye orange concealer under the True Match or it looks washed-out and gray.

This covers blemishes fairly well, but it can wear off through the course of the day. It doesn't feel oily or oxidize, though, which is a plus.

Packaging: this is a liquid with a brush attached to the cap of the tube. It's easy to apply.

The price is pretty good, this is a drugstore product. I don't need to use very much of this at a time, so it lasts a while - it's a good value. I would buy it again.

on 7/29/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I found this product to be, ultimately, pointless. The applicator is a brush which I found to be okay, and that's where the positives end. Firstly, I couldn't find a colour that matched me very well; I'm pale with a yellow hue, however I found the perfect match in the True Match foundation. It's a very blendable product, but that isn't a bonus because of how useless the product is. It offers little/no coverage. If you need more coverage than foundation, then there is absolutely no point in purchasing this product, as I found it offers nothing more in the way of coverage than a foundation. I also found it moved an awful lot on my face. Waste of money in my opinion.

on 7/22/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is pretty decent but it doesn't provide the coverage I wanted especially under my eyes. I have very dark circles and it barely covered it, but it does work well with spots. Overall it is an okay concealer.

on 7/5/2014 8:20:00 PM

It's blendable, cheap and natural looking.
Too bad it's invisible.
This concealer is good in theory but has very bad coverage from my experience.

on 6/27/2014 11:37:00 PM

I ABSOLUTELY love this concealer! Its true, it is super blend-able! It gives great coverage! BUT its overpriced! I wish they made the little containers bigger! They give you so little of then product! Other than that i absolutely love it! It even comes in my color its great i can never find my skin tone color in anything!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

At first, I was really impressed with this mascara. It really holds true to its name - true match - this is the first time I found the right color for an undereye concealer. When I apply it on my under eye area, it just looks so smooth. One thing is stopping me from buying this though - it creases like crazy. If you live in a really humid and hot environment, this won't last and it will intensify your undereye creases. I have tried setting with powder but it doesn't work. Maybe because it's too creamy? I don't know. I am not gonna purchase again because of this.