July 29, 2014 | 932 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Penglorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have maybe dry skin with an oily t-zone. But after hours, my eyes do get oily. I put on a primer to combat this. Bobby brown's gel eyeliner, wow it does everything and more. I'm skeptical of buying high-end makeup because a lot of times, it doesn't live up to the hype. This does and I'm hella cheap, so it was a big purchase for me. But I use it every chance I get, I use it to make the cutest wings and it's a rich color. Also lasts longer than most gel eyeliners, I've had mine about more than 3 months (time you're supposed to throw it out). But It's still creamy and doesn't irritate my eyes. That rich creamy black is awesome, try it. You probably can't go back to buying an alternative after this. It's amazing, truly worthy of the award.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by brionyw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I expected a lot of great things from this eyeliner, but was pretty disappointed. The colour isn't as black as I like in an eye liner, and it goes on okay but would probably be better for a smudged smokey look than a clean, sharp winged liner look. It's not terrible but for the price I was hoping for better. In all honesty the maybeline gel liner is just as good and is far far cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this gel eyeliner, it is long lasting and goes on smoothly with a brush. The little pot of color is easily packable. I have the Sepia Ink color which is a medium brown. I apply the eyeliner with the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Liner brush and it works very well. I can apply this liner in the morning and it stays put all day until I remove it. I even use it to fill in my browns. A word of warning: make sure you close the top tightly or the gel will dry out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by libbychocolate

I just ran out of my old one that i had for almost two years, i fell in love and decided to buy again. However, this new one smudges...smudges pretty bad. It used to be the only eyeliner that can stay for hours but at this rate, i won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LEP627

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used. Once I mastered application, it was wonderful. TIP: always keep the container tightly closed or it will try up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I found that the black gel was not highly pigmented once I applied it. I have a medium skin tone and the gel looked dull and a worn in, even when it was fresh. Maybe this is for Bobbi's customers who like a natural, barely there look.

The other colors, not the black, are the stars of this range. The color is subtle, but noticable. They're totally acceptable for everyday use, not the kind of gels that are weird outside of nightclubs and runways.

My pot dried out after 5 months of twice weekly use, with almost half the product left. This issue is common in almost every pot of liner I've tried, so the real value comes in using it often.

I skipped the recommended brush, for a high quality angled liner brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

I found this smudged and gave me panda eyes. I don't have oily eyelids, and have used MAC, Estée Lauder and L'oreal versions with no trouble. Went on beautifully, and was a wonderful strong colour, just didn't like me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

Black, easy to work with, doesn't dry up, and stays in place longer than Mac fluid line. But still smudges on my extremely oily lids =\ Very pricy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by soubidaaa

This is a HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Let me repeat, HORRIBLE product! I do not understand all the hype about it!! In fact, it is so horrible that it led me to post my very first review on this website because I feel like I need to warn others about how horrible this product is!!

When you first apply it, it applies wonderfully, smooth and pigmented. However, in less than 15 minutes, it starts to smudge. And by "smudge," I mean MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A PANDA. I have absolutely no problem with any other eyeliners doing this to me, and I would not say that my eyelids are oily in any way, but this product just smudges like crazy!!

I do not understand why there is so much hype about it, as I asked my friends who also have this product and they have all told me that it also causes the same problem for them. Therefore I do NOT recommend this product. DO NOT BUY.

And it is quite expensive as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just had to post a rave for Bobbi Brown gel liner in Dark Chocolate which unfortunately was limited edition when she recently launched her chocolate collection. This Dark Chocolate is the black brown I have been searching for since a very old pencil liner from Mary Kay named Black Walnut from at least three decades ago! Dark Chocolate is completely matte and not just a deep brown. I don't own Espresso to compare, but tried it once this summer it arrived melted from UPS so I returned it (not knowing this would have been OK) however I think this new Dark Chocolate may have had more black in it otherwise I would have exchanged my Espresso for another and would have never tried this limited edition shade. Holy Trail, I just hope Bobbi brings this back someday in the future.