Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting in Smashing Color Blend

3.2

2 oz Original in a Tube: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract. 1 oz Light: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10. 1 oz SPF 15 with Dermaxyl Complex: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Ethyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua, Eau), Ethyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Methicone, Silica, Silica Silylate, Hexylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). 1 oz Bronzing Primer: Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Water. 1 oz Luminizing: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenyl Methicone, Poly (C30-45 Olefin), Cyclomethicone, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Cola Acuminata (Kola Nut) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

on 4/7/2010 8:26:00 PM

I have been using Smashbox primers for years, the clear and the 2 in 1 luminizing primer, but recently switched to Blend. It is by far my favorite. It really evens out my skintone and makes my face very dewy looking and requires very little foundation to blend out.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! It's one of my absolute must haves in my aresenal.

on 3/21/2010 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This primer feels really weird at first because it's sooo smooth! It glides on really well on the skin and sets up your skin like a smooth canvas. I'm still not use to the feel of this product yet. And it doesn't take alot of this product to work, just a little dime shaped dot is all you need. If you put too much of this product on, it tends to get oily under your make-up. Other than that, make-up glides over with ease. This product is true to word.

on 1/17/2010 7:18:00 PM

I got this in the purple/lilac shade in order to balance out yellow tones in my skin (and hoping it might also work to de-yellow my MAC Studio Fix foundation which is too yellow for me). Needless to say, I ditched the crappy MAC foundation and am using something else now that matches me better (I'm really pale), but this primer really seals the deal.
It makes my skin very smooth and matte for applying foundation and then keeps the color fresh and true all day. It did not turn my face purple, but I do think it helped to balance out any sallow/yellow tones before I applied my makeup.
As long as this keeps working as well as it has and not break me out, I will keep using it and keep buying it. but thankfully, Sephora has a good return policy in case this product turns ugly.

on 9/10/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Mauve, Balance as Smashbox calls it. I have & used the clear version & love it. This is even better, it instantly makes my skin looks healthier, my undertone is yellowish-beige. That healthy, sunset glow as I am aware is not going to last, please bear in mind this product is not a foundation, nor concealer, its job is to form a barrier & smooth the skin's surface temporarily just so the liquid/cream fdn or concealer can slip on. In short, it is the foundation's foundation.
Honestly, I cannot wear any fdn without primer, since it enables me to spread my fdn thinly & evenly = natural.
If I am blind folded & put an equal amount of Monistat & Smashbox (clear) on my hand, I can truly tell the difference. Monistat is just a step down from Smashbox IMO, but definitely a good product.
ps. Try this trick, put a small amount of primer (any kind) in your palm & mix it well with a bit of mineral powder, apply on face. Let me know what you think.

on 8/25/2009 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I would not purchase this primer ever again. I got the green one since it's suppose to help with redness. It did not help whatsoever with my redness and it doesn't seem to hold my makeup as well as the photo light. And I did see increase in breakouts along the side of my face.

on 7/14/2009 9:37:00 AM

Wow. Awful, awful, AWFUL stuff. I never break out. Seriously, I could probably slap Crisco on my face and come through unscathed. But about one week after putting this garbage on my face I got a monstrous zit. I mean, enormous, had its own gravitational pull and everything. I have never in my life had a zit like that!

Besides blessing me with the aforementioned blemish, it also did nothing as far as color correction. It just kind of looked like a peachy film over my face, and then once I put on my foundation...well, no difference that I could see.

So yeah, worthless product, especially considering it was so expensive. Glad Ulta let me return it or I would have been really ticked at having thrown away my money.

on 6/30/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in the green and it does not hide my redness. It also caused me to break out really bad. It did make my makeup look good. Would not buy again.

on 6/3/2009 9:48:00 PM

I can't really tell a difference between the green primer and the clear one. I think it makes my face more even as far as oily and dry patches, and the make-up lays a little softer and it prevents caking....but over all it's expensive and i think i could find a cheap alternative. Idk...i could live without it.

It's alright.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use the apricot one and although it doesn't eliminate dark circles on its own, if I put concealer over it looks like I have no dark circles. It does make putting on concealer alot easier and doesn't accentuate fine lines as much

on 4/11/2009 2:25:00 PM

I bought this in the apricot color, as the company claims it can even out dark circles under the eye. NOT even close to the truth unfortunately. I think this is a decent primer, but there are others I have found that make my makeup last just as long, for a fraction of the price.