October 1, 2014 | 1247 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this was a very "meh" product. I received the large bottle of this as a gift, and thankfully I didn't pay for this since it didn't do much of anything for my hair at all. It made it a little softer, but other than that, nada. I think the alcohol in it dried my hair out a bit. And it smells like old lady perfume. Would not repurchase.

ETA: I rarely blow dry or straighten my hair, but I recently did for the first time in a year and I tried this on my puffy, blow-dried hair. This added some silkiness and took out some of the puff, so it's not totally useless. Still can't stand the smell though. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Since I chemically ravage my hair and change up the color extremely frequently (I am currently at a lovely pastel pink and my natural is dark/med brown), although my fine hair is in a pixie I need serums and leave ins like my longer, coarser haired cohorts. It just sucks everything up and is dead and lifeless with nothing. So I heard such good things about this stuff I went and got the little 2 oz bottle to try. Well a little drop works wonders! My dry frazzled strands, short as they are, look like luxurious soft shiny healthy HAIR with this stuff! I put in wet or dry. It does not add any grease (although I am able to use straight up coconut oil to the root). I do not just use at the ends since my hair basically is all ends haha. I do not think this would serve well with fine, HEALTHY hair (I think it might grease it up, only use sparingly at ends maybe), but if your hair is fine as well as dry&damaged it just transforms it. I could imagine ppl w long thick hair using more and it working awesome! This is full of 'cones it's certainly no pure argan oil or anything; make sure to clarify occasionally so the silicones don't build up. They can cause build up that not only feels bad but also prohibits deep treatments from taking effect since it like seals the hair shaft. Paul Mitchell shampoo 3 is a great clarifier. I will use this forever!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by belizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this product for almost 10 years. It smells so good & lasts forever! Even though it is a little pricey I feel it's worth it as good as it works and as long as it lasts. You only need a little bit of product to get the job done! The smell alone would make it worth it! Plus you can use it on your skin to soften in place of lotion (:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product was recommended to me by my girlfriend who works as a stylist. She has chemically treated hair and swore by it as the perfect leave-in treatment. I personally dislike leave-in treatments because they tend to be heavy, give my hair an oily look, and only temporary relief, sometimes not at all. However, after one too many dye jobs I decided to take the plunge and purchase a bottle of this product. I think I have found my holy grail leave-in treatment! I use a coin sized amount every night and wake up with smooth, silky ends. After working it into your hair, your hair might feel a little greasy, but this feeling goes away as soon as your hair absorbs the product. There is no lasting heaviness, and it does not leave your hands greasy; all the product is easily deposited on your hair. This product has a strong "salon" smell, but I like it so it does not bother me. Ultimately, it does what it promises and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Amandarosemua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this stuff for at least 10 years. It's amazing. A bit pricey but lasts forever!! Makes my hair so soft and shiny and tames the frizz(I have a lot lol). The smell is sooo amazing too!! I think I'll use biosilk forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not the typical user of Silk Therapy. I have short, fine, thin hair. But a tiny dab tames the flyaways and gives me healthy shiny hair. You can read the article I wrote about it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/glossy-hair-is-golden.html#more

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by sexymama83

I first learned about the stuff about 12 years ago and I love it not just because of the results but because for me it last forever! a little goes a looooong way for me I'm on my 4th bottle I believe, yes it is a bit pricey but well worth it considering how long it last all I use is about a dime size amount before I straighten my hair and I get little to no heat damage (and with waist length hair that is very important) because the product "burns" off leaving my hair soft and smooth it also works well in damp hair before blow drying

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a miracle in a bottle for my hair. My hair is thick, wavy and slightly coarse and Biosilk works wonders for it. I use a coin-sized amount after straightening, concentrating on the ends which are pretty damaged from all the heat styling. I take care not to get any on my scalp, as it is sensitive and prone to flaking. The result is smooth, silky and shiny hair that is totally touchable! It is pretty pricey, but well worth it. I buy the large bottles from Costco and they last me a while. You can also find it cheaper at Ross, Marshall's and TJ MAXX or online. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I held off on buying Biosilk for a long time for two reasons - most serums do nothing for my hair and the price of this stuff is stupid high. I've seen this at Wal-Mart (always housed in a huge plastic lockbox as if its made of spun gold), Costco, Target and Trade Secret but just couldn't part with $25 for a wee bottle. After finally looking around, I found a 15 oz bottle for $15.99 at TJ Maxx. Yes, $16 is still rather pricey but it was the absolute best price I've seen for such a large amount of product ever so I snapped it up.

I've had this for about a month now and I'm rather pleased with it. I have a large amount of fine, longish, super curly, frizzy hair that I regularly straighten. I've also gotten kertain treatments in the past (which I love but now am too broke to get) so my hair isn't in terrible condition but since it's long and I'm not diligent about getting regular trims, I have some noticeable split ends and, naturally, frizz all the time. Instead of slathering two handfuls of this serum on like I would have done in the past (my old motto was "More is better!!"), I use this sparingly. By sparingly, I do mean sparingly. All you need is about a dime size if you have long, thick hair. I have lots and lots of hair (hence my old motto) that is about midback length and it soaks up almost all liquid it comes into contact with and I still use a very, very small amount of this product because, honestly, a little dab will do ya. I have yet to try it out but I'm sure if too much is used, you'll end up with greasy, limp tresses.

As I wear my hair straight, I really want a product that will make it look nice and healthy which I feel Biosilk does. It certainly doesn't mend my split ends (nothing but scissors do that) but my hair is shiny, soft and manageable. I can't throw my Chi in the trash or anything but this does help in the days between washings and straightenings. The only quibble about this is the smell. Most people have mentioned that they love it but I don't care for it. I prefer more of a musk, verging on cologne like smell for my hair products (I love the way Redken's products smell) so this floral like scent really doesn't do it for me. I found that if I use Biosilk before bed, the smell is gone by morning and I'm left with the wonderful results.

I would recommend Biosilk to others because I do think it works well if you use it sparingly. As always, I would advise anyone to shop around and buy this for the cheapest price you can find. I know that was a tough point for me to contend with and I'm glad I waited and got the biggest bottle for the cheapest I could find.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by realitiane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews I was eager to try this product. Especially since I've started bleaching my hair and it is dryer and feels more wiry than it used to be. However, I'm sorry to say that this is one of those products that is going to stay in my bathroom cabinet, and never going to get empty.

I'm not that impressed because I have been using Lee Stafford's "Arganoil from Morocco" before this and I was content with the results, it made my hair feel soft and I loved the smell. But the reviews of that one weren't as good as the ones from this product "Silk Therapy", so, I thought that there were better products on the market (and maybe not as expensive).

I found that Biosilk Silk Therapy does make a little difference, but I am not impressed with the results. My hair does not really feel that much different from before I used the product, I don't think my hair got softer or shinier. It did help against the frizziness, though. The smell isn't really to my taste, to me it smells like a sweet perfumed glue (kind of like cacharel's anais anais meets UHU glue)

I am going to try another argan oil brand, since those at least do not contain alcohol.