November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by cupcakejenea

this is a great color for my NC30 skin

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this color, so up for swap it went. Too glazey and just not for me. I also had the issue with this lipstick coming apart at the base after just sitting around for a while. Weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This lipstick and Blankety are my 2 favorites. Pretty much every other lipsticks I had I swapped away since I really only use those 2 colors. The color of this is a beige/pink, leaning towards brown with a slight frost. When I first got this I was thinking this could possibly turn too brown on me and I'd end up hating it, luckily it did not. I literally reach for this most days of the week, if not all. It's one of those "easy" colors you can slap on without a mirror and you don't even have to add gloss since it gives a nice sheen to the lips. I usually don't use gloss with it. I will definitaly repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by hep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really have nothing to say on this lipstick. It shows up on me as just a shimmer. Not a bad lipstick, but it does not wow me. Just sort of plain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First heard about High Tea from MakeupByTiffanyD on YouTube. She raved over this color and it looked neutral enough for daily wear. I have to wear conservative makeup for work, so I thought this would be perfect. I am now on my 2nd tube of High Tea. The first one seemed to break inside the tube and it just made a mess on the outside when you twist the product up. Now my second tube does this too! It's only on this particular color! None of my other MAC lipsticks do this! Weird! I love the color of High Tea. I use NYX pale pink lipliner, High Tea, then top it with CremeSheen in Boy Bait. Perfect neutral daytime lip.
EDIT: High Tea is a lustre - to me, it feels like a gloss & lipstick combined. It is really creamy. I think it is better suited for fair skin, as MAC describes it as a beiged pink with pearl. I think the description is dead on. If you have drier lips, put a thin amount of lip balm on prior to using High Tea. It shouldn't accentuate any lines in the mouth this way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love High Tea! On my pigmented lips, it's a lovely shade of pinky beige with a pearlescent finish. It's one of my everyday, most used shades hands down. It looks good no matter what else I'm wearing! It's a lustre, so not the best lasting power, but I love how shiny it is on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Arik26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mac Lustre lipsticks have always been my favorite. They go on smooth, creamy and a tad sheer with a moderately glossy finish. High Tea is a slightly frosty, coppery-nude pink that looks gorgeous on tanned skin, and if you're not a fan of its warmth, you can always tone it down with a bit of concealer before applying. Looks great paired with dramatic, smoky eyes. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Lustre's are my least favorite formula from MAC. However, I heard good things about High Tea and I saw this on a celebirty and it looked very pretty. High Tea is yet another nude l/s in my collection and I really don't need to be buying anymore nudes! I do like High Tea due to the shimmer factor because all of my nudes are either matte or satin finish. High Tea is a warm toned beige pink with pearl effect with a lusterious shine finish. The staying power is nothing to write home about! Honestly, I'll maybe get an hour of wear before I need to reapply. The feel of this l/s is what really bugs me. I feel like a have a coating of canola oil on my lips as well as feeling a bit gummy too. I don't find this moisturizing at all either. After about an hour when the color fades, my lips are drier and I get this same effect with the older Revlon l/s formulas. But, all in all, this is a beautiful color l/s and it's a nude that is wearable and suited for most skintones. I'll keep this one but I don't think I'll be buying anymore Lustre lipsticks. I rate this a 3.8 not quite a 4. Also, I love MAC l/s packaging and scent and they are so affordable as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have owned 1 or 2 Lustres before but they never showed up on me or last long so I gave them to my mum.

However, High Tea is an exception. MAC describes it as a "beiged pink with small particle pearl ". This lipstick is perfection and looks great with neutral browns as well as smokier or more colourful eyeshadows. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great lipstick for everyday. It's also great if you have dramatic eyes because it is just a slight shimmer. It isn't too frosty at all, it just adds a really nice sheen to your lips. Feels moisturizing to me also. Not sure how the wear is, i don't really keep track of how long my lipstick stays on. It would look great with any neutral lipgloss on top!