October 21, 2014 | 2025 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Unstoppable Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by littlemissmach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I disliked this mascara. I found the solution watery, and the brush was like a middle-school chem lab's test tube cleaner. Seriously.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2009 8:31:00 AM More reviews by najimari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the WORST mascara I have ever tried.made my lashes look shorter..Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by hugznkizz

This used to be my favorite mascara until it got discontinued. I love the way it lengthens my eyelashes and gives them a natural look. The brush has little fibers that help my eyelashes look long.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by foxykitty25

bought this on sale. did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. but hey it's maybelline so of course it sucks. i don't even know why i still bother with their mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 3:57:00 AM More reviews by black_bomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gives no length, but made my lashes look very nice. It was not clumpy which is good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Unstoppable was absolutely dreadful when I first tried it. It was very beyond basic, and seemed useless unless I wanted a tint. Wasn't even a good "daily mascara". The more I tried to build and wiggled the wand the clumpier it got. If I try to comb it out with a lash comb (even a metal kind) it just clumped into one giant blob of lash.

However put away all the extremely negative things aside, I actually read instructions on the back of the card. I bet no one really does this because hey a mascara is a mascara, right? Wrong.

Maybelline writes for this particular mascara, "For maximum length, place brush at the base of lashes and gently roll out and through the tips. Continue sweeping and rotating motion until desired look is achieved." Basically you need to spin the wand on your lashes and continue spinning from root to tip till you're satisfied. I actually got really amazing results with this and saw a somewhat false lash effect. A bit of volume and amazing (absolutely amazing length). It's easy to wash off as well just like it states without any smudging during the day. The only reason I give it a 4 instead of 5 is if you're a bit crazy with mascara while it can create an amazing look, it might feel a bit gunky if you apply too many coats. This mascara does what it says, but it just has very specific directions.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 7:32:00 AM More reviews by scriibblez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara. It gives me nice feathery eyelashes that are natural looking. I like to wear this on school or normal days. You can't use too many coats of it tho or else it'll clump.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Product: Fibre-based mascara in a slim silver tube with traditional wand with bristles.

My experience: Alright, this is the 3rd Maybelline mascara I've tried, and I don't think I'll try any Maybelline mascaras from now on. Something in their mascaras just doesn't work for me. So I was given a tube of this by my mum, who insists this is good. I was hesitant - Maybelline mascaras I've tried before positively suck (see Great Lash and Full N Soft, which both bombed on me although I know FnS is popular on the boards), and I didn't want to so much as touch another Maybelline mascara again. However, my mum was trying to be nice, and it would be rude to refuse right? So I decided to accept it, and check out the reviews on MUA. Uh, 3 out of 5 stars? Not good...But anyway I decided to try it out just to give it the benefit of the doubt, and I have to say....I shouldn't have bothered.

Ok now on to the review proper. First off, this is is one of those Imju-Fibrewig pretenders. Meaning it lengthens your lashes by having little fibres in its formula that attach to your lashes when you brush the mascara on. Sounds like a great deal (and that said, I DO like the original Imju Fibrewig), only that there are 2 big problems with this mascara. First, the formula is so watery that any fibres you manage to get to stick to your lashes don't stay stuck to your lashes, so when you brush your mascara wand over your lashes again, instead of building up another additional coat of mascara, the wand just removes whatever you've built. Secondly, for a fiber based mascara, this has too few fibers. I know not all fiber-containing mascaras have to have tons of fibers - sometimes fibers are just the icing on the cake, and the formula of the mascara is great enough to lengthen on its own, and when you get a fiber stuck to your lashes, great (see NYX Doll Eyes Length for a great case study of such a mascara). But in this case, the formula is watery and does nothing, so the fibers had better be there. Unfortunately, in this case, the formula is watery, and there are too few fibers to even stick to your lashes. So you're just left with not very much to recommend it.

To be fair though, if you have the patience to slowly build up and keep brushing the fibers onto your lashes, you will acheive some length, and it will look pretty good. But given how few fibers there are in the mascara, this is just too much of a hassle for me. It's just OK in my book, not as horrendous as Great Lash or FnS. But I'll pass and save my money for something better, like NYX Doll Eyes, which is similar but has a much better formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Shubbing

It does add length and makes my pathetic eyelashes look darker and more noticeable. Clumps, but better that its previous generation, skyhigh. While I'm generally happy with this product, I think I can still afford to look for a better one. But it's not a bad choice to stick to while looking for a better one~~Especially when the price is lower than that of like Lancome's etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2009 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Jyoan

This fulfills the basics of what I think a mascara should do. It is 100% smudgeproof as the label claims, but it does not effectively lengthens my eyelashes. And it does not adds volume (but true enough, they did not claim so). It's a little heavy, and may clump. An okay product.