MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Porcelain Pink

4.2

This is definitely a HG product for me. I'm on my second Porcelain Pink now and just bought another back up last week at the CCO. I use this product for highlighting and getting that dewy sort of look. I use it over pink blushes (use Soft n Gentle over browner/darker blushes) and it really makes them pop. I usually use it in conjunction with Fix+ which also helps with the dewy look and also sweeps the product on a bit better. This definitely falls under the category of a harder pressed MSF but not awful.
PROS: beautiful MSF, shimmery without being overpowering, great with fix+
CONS: since it's a LE it's harder to find (but MAC repremotes this one often enough that it's not too too bad)

It's absolutely stunning. I love the gold in it. It gives the face just the right amount of glow rather than making your face look like its caked with sparkles. I would recommend this to just about anyone, but since it is discontinued I would really look into maybe swapping with someone or going to the CCO.

on 11/11/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this when it was part of the High Tea collection. Years later it's 2010 and I'm finally using it. I just couldn't get it right before. Finding the right brush to apply the MSFs can be tricky. The only 2 I've found that work for me are MAC's contour blush brush and the synthetich blush brush by The Body Shop. They deposit just the right about of color with literally no powder fall-out. Other brushes I used had me looking like disco ball. I like using Porcelain Pink MSF to accent my cheeckbones and give my face a more complete look. I thought the reason it didn't look right when I first got it, was because maybe it was too light for my skintone, but I bought it for a highlighter since minerals (good ones) tend to be pure color and not fillers. I finally achieved the glowy-rosy-golden-iridescence look that I always aimed for. I get lots of compliments with it when I pair it with MAC's Blunt powder blush. I use that to contour under my cheek bones. So this and PP are my HG pair. At least right now or until I discover an even better look for my cheeks. And what's great is that I can do this with just about every makeup look. It's neutral enough to go with everything. I've been doing this look everyday for a couple weeks and I am really loving it. It looks great as an eyeshadow also. It just gives me the perfect glow and wakes up and brightens my whole face without using alot. (For reference I have medium brown skin with a golden undertone. I wear MAC NW43 foundation and NC45 concealer.)

on 8/18/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this MSF for a few months before I really started to use it and then I couldn't stop. I used it as a highlighter during summer when I had a tan (okay, so it was mostly fake, but still, tan) and as a soft blush in autumn when I stopped tanning. i love this product because it's never banished to the end of the draw. I'm reaching for it constantly even to highlight my eyes sometimes. It's not just the soft colour that I love, but the fact that with the frequency of it's use I feel like this was a product that was really worth purchasing.

on 8/16/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this at CCO for $19. It is a light pink with gold veining. I am very fair so I can use this as a blush for a light pink glowy look. I think if you are darker toned this could work as a pinky highlight. I think if you collect MSFs this is definitely a good one to add to your collection. I really does impart a lovely glow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this MSF - it gives a glowy, shimmery sheen to my skin without being over the top. It's not HG status for me but it's definitely a keeper. I'm a NW15 but I don't use their foundations too often.

on 7/28/2010 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Does nothing for my NC25 skin... : /

on 7/25/2010 10:12:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago when it was originally released witht the color craft collection. i use it fairly regularly... I've found that during the summer it just totally emphasizes my pores... i will reserve it for fall/winter/spring use in the future. gives me a look similar to the "luxor" multiple by nars.

on 7/25/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've only recently jumped into the MSF boat, thanks to the super hype of Stereo Rose. I was randomly at CCO and picked up Porcelain Pink and I must say that this is sooooooo beautiful on my NW45 skin! It gives me the most perfect pale pink glow without washing me out. Great on the lids and cheeks and perfect for summer! I'm seriously pondering purchasing a backup. It's that serious!

on 7/21/2010 4:39:00 PM

this is beautiful. i'm an nc15 and my daughter is nc20 and the color is perfect as blush for us.it's a beautiful glowy pink-- absolutely stunning. not as deep as stereo rose, which we love also, just a sweet soft pink.
love love love this.