Jurlique Rose/Lavender Hand Cream

4.3

Aqua (Water); Cetearyl Alcohol; Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil; Glycerin; Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil; Honey; Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract; Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Rosa gallica Flower Extract; Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract; Viola odorata (Violet) Extract; Echinacea purpurea Root Extract; Viola tricolor (Heartease) Extract; Lecithin; Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Root Extract; Alcohol; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Lactic Acid; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Tocopherol (Vitamin E); Linalool; Limonene; Coumarin; Geraniol.

on 9/23/2010 8:09:00 PM

I first tried the rose hand cream out at the airport, and I eventually arrived at my destination with a big tube of it. I now use it before going to bed. It's one of the best hand cream I've used. A little of it will keep your hands velvety soft and moisturized. The scent is very pleasant, and I like the packaging (I prefer this to plastic). If I go on feeling this way till the end of my big tube, I will repurchase.

on 8/6/2010 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't understand why this product is so popular. The scent is fine and the packing looks nice. But it does not provide enough moisture at all. Can use it again, again and again and my hands are still dry. It is too costly compared to what it does.

on 7/21/2010 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually use this as a face cream. I love it. The scent isn't too over powering for my facial skin and I guess I'm not really that sensitive, as I can use body lotion and hand creams on my facial skin without breakouts or any irriation. I like this as a hand cream too, but it makes a lovely, thick, luxurious facial cream too.

on 6/15/2010 6:26:00 AM

I have the lavender one, and find the scent very pleasant & not overpowering. I agree with all the reviewers who said that the cream sinks quickly into the skin - makes it good for the tropical, very humid climate I live in now. It's definitely even less sticky than my Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, & I'd thought that was good! I use hand cream just when the skin on my hands has a bit of tightness, but not intense dryness, so I can't say how well this would work for very dry hands or in very dry climates. But if your hands are just a bit dry, or you're looking for a light hand cream, this is a good bet. I plan to compare the price per unit with that of Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream to know whether I'd fork out for this (the one I have was a gift). I wish there was a "maybe" option - I might repurchase if I feel the scent, feel & amount of this product was worth a little extravagance. I've barely started my 4 oz tube of this stuff and I don't use it every day so I don't know how long it will last. If it lasts me a year or more, I might be willing to pay a bit more, and keep my Neutrogena for travel.

Wow! this is the most amazing hand cream ever! I have the lavender cream & it is so creamy and luxurious yet seems to sink in pretty much straight away. My HG hand cream... love it :)

on 5/30/2010 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm going to end up writing this same review at least a few times now that I've had the chance to try most of Jurlique's hand creams. In a nut shell - this stuff is great, very high quality, perfect combo of moisturizing and non-greasy/great consistency. The smell is also superb. It seems expensive at the check out, but not much is needed, and it lasts a long time. Considering the quality of the product I would say it's actually a good deal. Definitely a fan. Don't be surprised when you see the same comments in the Lemon Hand Cream as well!

Edit a while later - I'm not sure if it's because Jurlique changed their formula or what, but I don't care for this (or most of their products) at all anymore. This one seems to have changed the source of their scents because there are now synthetics mixed in with the natural stuff, and smell is different. I think they also added in some sort of silicone (or something!) because it doesn't sink in as well anymore. It seems that this company has tweaked formulations to some of their products, so maybe that's the culprit? Either way, there are much better products out there.

on 5/17/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love anything that smells faintly of roses, and really wanted to love this. After reading all the HG reviews of this, I expected wholeheartedly to need it.
Every chance I got, I "sampled" this at Sephora, but the rose scent is just not pleasant.
I think some of the best smelling rose products are John Masters cleanser, Fresh's rose mask, or Mark's rose lip balm, but this, it doesn't smell anything faintly like a rose bouquet. Not soothing, and not worth the $25. Moisturizes decently though, I must say, and thus, I will be buying the Citrus one (which I love) very shortly.

As a functional product, this is decent. But hand creams need to have moisture and scent going for them, as I don't think that is hard to ask, especially with this higher end price tag. It's not completely repulsive, but this wouldn't be something I'd love to use, unless it reads Citrus on the front.

on 5/10/2010 9:38:00 PM

Amazing hand cream. If you have dry hands, you will LOVE this. It soaks in and LASTS! And it's not greasy. I love the lavender and the citrus, and my mom loves the rose - so I recommend all of the scents. They're all pretty true to their title, so if you like rose you will like the rose; if you like lavender before bedtime, you'll love the lavender; the citrus is fab by the kitchen sink. All are very potent, too. A must buy!

on 4/18/2010 3:18:00 AM

So great. I think for handcreams it is a bit on the pricey end, but I'm the kind of person who will go for quality above anything else, and this, people, is amazing.

I know some people think the smell is strong, but I personally love the scent. It is super moisturising without being greasy, and it is a great complement to the cuticle oil I use in the evening.

on 4/13/2010 2:34:00 PM

love love love! my hands are always dry and crackling due to the cold weather climate in ny, but this cream is extremely moisturizing, without any greasy residue. plus the smell is amazing, if you love roses.

Top Rated Jurlique Products