December 22, 2014 | 1453 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Jurlique - Rose/Lavender Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by altar_keene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually use this as a face cream. I love it. The scent isn't too over powering for my facial skin and I guess I'm not really that sensitive, as I can use body lotion and hand creams on my facial skin without breakouts or any irriation. I like this as a hand cream too, but it makes a lovely, thick, luxurious facial cream too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:26:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

I have the lavender one, and find the scent very pleasant & not overpowering. I agree with all the reviewers who said that the cream sinks quickly into the skin - makes it good for the tropical, very humid climate I live in now. It's definitely even less sticky than my Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, & I'd thought that was good! I use hand cream just when the skin on my hands has a bit of tightness, but not intense dryness, so I can't say how well this would work for very dry hands or in very dry climates. But if your hands are just a bit dry, or you're looking for a light hand cream, this is a good bet. I plan to compare the price per unit with that of Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream to know whether I'd fork out for this (the one I have was a gift). I wish there was a "maybe" option - I might repurchase if I feel the scent, feel & amount of this product was worth a little extravagance. I've barely started my 4 oz tube of this stuff and I don't use it every day so I don't know how long it will last. If it lasts me a year or more, I might be willing to pay a bit more, and keep my Neutrogena for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by chrissyangel89

Wow! this is the most amazing hand cream ever! I have the lavender cream & it is so creamy and luxurious yet seems to sink in pretty much straight away. My HG hand cream... love it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by saraevamaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to end up writing this same review at least a few times now that I've had the chance to try most of Jurlique's hand creams. In a nut shell - this stuff is great, very high quality, perfect combo of moisturizing and non-greasy/great consistency. The smell is also superb. It seems expensive at the check out, but not much is needed, and it lasts a long time. Considering the quality of the product I would say it's actually a good deal. Definitely a fan. Don't be surprised when you see the same comments in the Lemon Hand Cream as well!

Edit a while later - I'm not sure if it's because Jurlique changed their formula or what, but I don't care for this (or most of their products) at all anymore. This one seems to have changed the source of their scents because there are now synthetics mixed in with the natural stuff, and smell is different. I think they also added in some sort of silicone (or something!) because it doesn't sink in as well anymore. It seems that this company has tweaked formulations to some of their products, so maybe that's the culprit? Either way, there are much better products out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by clearady

Love anything that smells faintly of roses, and really wanted to love this. After reading all the HG reviews of this, I expected wholeheartedly to need it.
Every chance I got, I "sampled" this at Sephora, but the rose scent is just not pleasant.
I think some of the best smelling rose products are John Masters cleanser, Fresh's rose mask, or Mark's rose lip balm, but this, it doesn't smell anything faintly like a rose bouquet. Not soothing, and not worth the $25. Moisturizes decently though, I must say, and thus, I will be buying the Citrus one (which I love) very shortly.

As a functional product, this is decent. But hand creams need to have moisture and scent going for them, as I don't think that is hard to ask, especially with this higher end price tag. It's not completely repulsive, but this wouldn't be something I'd love to use, unless it reads Citrus on the front.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by hawaiianinuk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing hand cream. If you have dry hands, you will LOVE this. It soaks in and LASTS! And it's not greasy. I love the lavender and the citrus, and my mom loves the rose - so I recommend all of the scents. They're all pretty true to their title, so if you like rose you will like the rose; if you like lavender before bedtime, you'll love the lavender; the citrus is fab by the kitchen sink. All are very potent, too. A must buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

So great. I think for handcreams it is a bit on the pricey end, but I'm the kind of person who will go for quality above anything else, and this, people, is amazing.

I know some people think the smell is strong, but I personally love the scent. It is super moisturising without being greasy, and it is a great complement to the cuticle oil I use in the evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by patrickstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love love love! my hands are always dry and crackling due to the cold weather climate in ny, but this cream is extremely moisturizing, without any greasy residue. plus the smell is amazing, if you love roses.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Reika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never realised how fantanstic this hand cream is until I recently tried some other brands including high end brands! (I've been using this one since I was in my teens.)The jurlique hand cream is by far the best one I've ever used. I love the jurlqiue signature rose scent, it's a very true rose scent but not too empowering. It goes on like silk, absorbs into my skin immediately without the greasiness. Best of all, unlike other hand creams, it keeps my hands soft and moisturised for at least 5-6 hours. I don't need to re-apply it after I wash my hands. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way, one tube will last me at least 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my mom recommended this product to me as i've been complaining of dry palms. i *think* it does moisturize my palms but i need to use it more consistenly to see results. like most reviewers have already commented, the texture of the cream is thick and luscious while the smell is strong. it can be a bit overwhleming but the smell does dissipate after a while. i like that the cream is quickly absorbed into the skin. love jurlique for its simple packaging and use of natural ingredients.