October 21, 2014 | 899 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - First Base Eyeshadow Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by heyitskaren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

-the color is beautiful (but can be replicated)
-makes eyeshadows appear creamy and intensified
BUT
-blending is nearly impossible
-anti-creasing capabilities are non-exsistant
-the packaging is not secure
Overall this acts more like a creamy eyeshadow, and for fifteen dollars two dollars extra would get you the Shadow Insurance/UDPP or UDPP in Sin if you like shimmer. The color is beautiful though, and reminds me of summer when you want something understated and pretty. I'll probably keep this and put this over Shadow Insurance or UDPP so it'll actually stay through out the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is not the best primer I've used, but it's not the worst either. It's better than [gasp!] Lancome's but not as good as UDPP [HG!!!]. It's nice when I want a bit of shimmer to perk up my lids...when I apply it all the way up to the brow, I don't even need to add a highlight.
I don't find my shadow creasing as a lot of the other reviewers did. My color doesn't stay AS vibrant though as with the UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Glamorous_

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I took 1 lippy off because its more of an eyeshadow than a primer. for eyeshadow primer Too Faced's eyeshadow insurance is the best. I wear heavy black eyeliner and cant wear most eyeshadows because it over does the eyes, I bought many many :subtle" eyeshadows that I just ended up not using, but first base adds just the right amount of subtle shimmer. So like i said, I say its a beautiful eyeshadow, just dont buy it if ur gonna use it as a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Ella1977

I love this product, although I have to say I don't use it as an e/s base, and would not recommend it to be used as such. I tried that once, and found that it creased within a matter of minutes.
Nowadays I use this as a highlighter and find it works better than anything else. I use it just under my browbone, and around my cheekbones and sometimes temples, depending on how glam and glowy I want to look. I was recently approached at a wedding by someone wanting to know what it was! Love it and will definitely buy again when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It seems like I am one of the few fans of this product. I actually love it. It's got a beautiful irridescent shimmer and goes on easily. I apply with my ring finger (for a light touch) and it sets my eyeshadow perfectly. I would definitely continue using and recommending this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by crocparc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read all of the reviews for this product and still decided to buy it. i love it. deffo buy again :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

let me first preface this review by saying that i didnt actually purchase this item.. i had fun with the tester they had on display at my local ULTA... now the only reason why i dared to try it out on my lids is because they had a fresh tester on display that looked like it had been touched only once or twice...

i really wanted to love this base... REALLY did... i mean you show me anything whose color could remotely be described as "muted/sheer gold," and i am all over it... i love the effect it gives... so when i saw first base in all its muted golden glory, naturally i charged my way to it... i tried to apply it to my lids and found the texture to be a bit dry, not very creamy, and it was actually hard to apply onto my lids without tugging the crap out of them... i figured, "hey.. maybe this is a sign that it has incredible crease resistance".... boy was i wrong... about an hour later both of my lids had creased almost as badly as a NARS cream shadow (and that says a lot)... and i really didnt even apply that much of this product onto my lids....

if i had bought it, the only thing i could think to use this for would be my lower lash line... which means it would take me YEARS to get through one pot even if i were to use it 2-3x everyday.. but i still had to give it one extra lippie because the color is so pretty..

in conclusion.......... boo

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by henbritches

It's funny, I saw a review recently for a new Too Faced shadow primer, and I was thinking it was this one until I read the review in depth. I then remembered I never reviewed this particular product, and as others have stated, it really SUCKS! I wanted the liquid light highlighter they used to make, so a SA recommended this to me in its place. Like others said, it creases on its own in like 5 minutes. Just don't buy it. It's useless, you will not like it, so save money. and aggravation!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by usernameistaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This base is terrible. Not only does it make your e/s crease (within, like, 5 minutes! LOL), but it even creases by itself. Utterly useless, both as a base and to wear alone. Such a shame because it is so pretty. Would definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by chowchowface

It seems like I was mislead like many other reviewers here. I bought it at the same time as my NARS Night Flight eyeshadow. A sales lady assured me that this would be the perfect base for Night Flight and would prevent it from creasing. Me, admittedly being naive and young, assumed she was completely correct. Unfortunately, like most people have stated before, it actually seems to encourage creasing. I think it's grossly misnamed as a "base". It's fine if you want something that's a shimmery and glittery muted gold, but if you're looking for a base, look somewhere else.