November 25, 2014 | 1782 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by arsh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lancôme never disappoints me. Have used the tient miracle and now on tient idole foundation which is the best foundation EVER! Now this concealer too is the best among all I tried (YSL, Maybelline, Nars, Mac). Very hydrating for my dry under eyes skin, doesn't crease as much , stays on an easy to blend. My search for the perfect concealer and foundation has ended now thanks to Lancôme. My next buy will be the Lancôme face powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by jdhall89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep trying other concealers and always come back to this one. It creases less than anything else in my extremely crease-prone undereye area. There are a lot of colors to choose from, and the tube lasts forever. My only complaint is that the coverage could be a little heavier (I layer it with erase paste), but I'm more than happy to use it as-is.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Dafne6

I've used this product for years and now that I'm more aware about ingredients I start to realize why I was never satisfied at the 100% (I know I could have started using a new one but there were some aspects of this which I liked). It is packed with silicons that can clog your pores. Actually, especially now that my skin is slowly changed since I'm closer to the 30s, it kind if damaged and "suffocated" my under eyes skin, which in fact looks dry and impoverished with some very small white imperfections. Also, it often makes that area very oily.
As for the coverage, it does its job but not in a great way I would say, I think it covers pretty good (I have violet dark circles) but giving a kinda innatural look.

The good is that it's easy to put on and once you buy it will last forever also with a daily use!! (Which is not good if you want to GED rid of it :P)!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by marthaprz18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im light skinned, no acne or blemish problem really but I do have somewhat dark circles. This concealer claimed to be waterproof- it's not. I wouldn't mind if it weren't waterproof as long as it did its job in CONCEALING dark circles :/ but it doesn't conceal. I had to layer it and set it with a powder but even like that I wasn't not pleased. It's an "ok" concealer but it wasn't worth the hype, mac's prolong concealer worked better(no its not my fav either but I chose that one other this one).. I honestly wanted to love the product but it just didn't cut it for me. It's the type of concealer that only on super great fabulous days were you barely have any discoloration- you can wear. But for those of us who are unlucky and have dark circles, this one isn't it. Hope this helps..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by CrisAlex

I really wanted to like this product, especially since I have been very happy with other Lancome products like their blushes, mascara, and the Rouge in Love lipsticks. Unfortunately, this one did not work for me. While it did an okay job of covering my undereye circles, it stung my eyes to the point that I was tearing - a lot. This one went in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Juunna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't provide good coverage at all. I keep on reapplying but still not happy with the result. Also makes my face oily and cakey after 2 hours. I feel disappointed wasting my hard earned money on this. I'll be switching back to MAC pro longwear which is way soooo much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Mellifluence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A really disappointing concealer that definitely doesn't match the price. Coverage is good but unnatural, and particularly bad if you have dry skin because it both emphasises and increases dry patches (even when applied on top of a heavy moisteriser). If you don't need a thick concealer, save your money and get the Maybelline Dream Lumitouch instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

Doesn't provide as much coverage as I'd like (I have severe dark circles!) and definitely doesn't last as long as it claims to (I go to work around noon and, by the time I'm leaving, around 7 PM, I take a look in the mirror and my dark circles are there, like I have no concealer on my face). For the price I paid, I expected a lot more. Once I'm done with this, I'm trying MAC Pro Longwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by larabk

The absolute BEST concealer I've ever used! I don't wear full foundation, only concealer on the spots I need, so it's important that the concealer I use really works. It doesn't take much product to cover up any blemish or hyper-pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Smooth, liquid consistency
- Non-drying when used over moisturizer
- Virtually invisible on skin (only a small amount is needed)
- Lasts 12+ hours with no primer or powder
- Good coverage for light to medium dark circles
- Brightens eye area without accentuating bags
- Also works on spots, around the nose, etc.
- Tube lasts 8-12+ months with daily use

CONS:
- Camouflages but does not completely cover severe dark circles
- Creases slightly within 1-2 hours of application (but eventually sets)
- Looks cakey if powdered or over-applied

BOTTOM LINE:
As close to HG as I've found so far. Will repurchase unless I come across an equally non-drying and natural-looking alternative with fuller coverage and zero creasing, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

(This review is cross-posted from the Effacernes Waterproof listing, which appears to be the same product.)