Chanel Cristalle

3.8

on 8/23/2011 6:00:00 PM

First off, I LOVE the bottle! I was also excited because I heard that one of my favourite models use this. With a name like Cristalle I was exciting something fresh, exciting and innovative, but it really just turned quite heavy granny floral on me and reminds me, in ways, of Dior's Miss Dior fragrance. Its just too strong for me, I prefer the lighter scent of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle (the eau de toilette version).

on 5/8/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My second best choice after The One by D&G.
Great suprising scent. Its begins fresh fruitty then turns to be floral and exotic.

on 4/29/2011 12:11:00 AM

This is for the EDP version. As far as fragrances go its about as old school conventional as you can get. Theres nothing in this to offend but nothing to get excited about either. The opening is subdued and bitter like all green scents and settles into a medium intensity floral completely devoid of sweetness. Its the antidote to the plethora of fruity florals we are assaulted with these days, respectable and perfumey and also utterly dull.

It doesnt smell cheap, you can tell theres experience and sophistication behind it, theres just no genius or love for the fragrance there. I wont be purchasing again.

on 4/19/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Citrus, greens and jasmine. That;s what I smell when I wear this. This is a beautiful, light fragrance, perfect for summer. I usually like heavy chypres so I am surprised that I like this so much. I'm now on my second bottle and will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 3/26/2011 2:59:00 PM

I have tried really hard to like this scent. I've tried wearing it 3 or 4 times, with several weeks between attempts. Sadly all I get from it is ashtray; an ashtray that was emptied out on top of a compost pile. I think this is a scent you'll either love or hate, so I definitely recommend sampling it before buying.

on 3/24/2011 9:07:00 PM

This is one of my two favourite perfumes. I have used it for years and will continue to do so. Its fresh and sophisticated, clean and complex. Its light but lasts all day even in high humidity. The best summer perfume in my opinion but it also works in other seasons. I will always have this on hand.

on 1/26/2011 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Sparkling citrus opening with hint of flowers. Dries down to floral and "green" woodsiness on me. Just slightly sweet, very clean, fresh and uplifting. If you're prone to procrastination and pessimism, this is the perfect antidote. I've had my sample a couple weeks but it's almost gone because I use it like a mood-altering drug! Lovely lovely lovely, definite repurchase.

on 1/26/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Natalie Babbitt once wrote a book called The Search For Delicious, a modern fairytale about an entire kingdom that falls apart over the dissension over what is the most delicious of things, consequently the land is ruined of all food and drink. When their thirst is quenched by a cool stream (thanks to the hero's intervention), they all decide that ice cold water on a parched throat is the most delicious thing of all. That, in short, is Cristalle, something cool and refreshing in a desert seemingly without salvation. As perfume, it is deceptively simple—a crisp, luminous citrus formed through bergamot and lemon—but closer examination reveals shimmering aldehydes, which power its movement outwards from the skin, like a billow of chiffon, a brittle green twist from oakmoss, a graceful flirtation of a few stray jasmine petals, and just a hint of warmth from cooled melon slices and a rigid raspberry note. All of these accents are very subtle, but balanced so well that the hesperidic core never feels solidifies.

on 10/4/2010 2:51:00 PM

I can imagine this one on Frodo Baggins. Good quality, anyway.

EDIT: I've been thinking why I hate this fragrance so much, although a lot of people say this is a nice summery citrus, which is a category I generally like. I came to the conclusion that it's the oakmoss, which is the strongest ingredient in the composition. This is not an airy refreshing cologne, but an earthy scent, that smells like soil and fallen, rotten leaves.

on 9/27/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this scent for years-it is my signature scent. It is fresh and sophisticated at the same time. I have tried others but I always return to this one.

Popular Fragrances