October 1, 2014 | 1777 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by simonemaza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My second best choice after The One by D&G.
Great suprising scent. Its begins fresh fruitty then turns to be floral and exotic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the EDP version. As far as fragrances go its about as old school conventional as you can get. Theres nothing in this to offend but nothing to get excited about either. The opening is subdued and bitter like all green scents and settles into a medium intensity floral completely devoid of sweetness. Its the antidote to the plethora of fruity florals we are assaulted with these days, respectable and perfumey and also utterly dull.

It doesnt smell cheap, you can tell theres experience and sophistication behind it, theres just no genius or love for the fragrance there. I wont be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Citrus, greens and jasmine. That;s what I smell when I wear this. This is a beautiful, light fragrance, perfect for summer. I usually like heavy chypres so I am surprised that I like this so much. I'm now on my second bottle and will definitely keep repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Alisa13

I have tried really hard to like this scent. I've tried wearing it 3 or 4 times, with several weeks between attempts. Sadly all I get from it is ashtray; an ashtray that was emptied out on top of a compost pile. I think this is a scent you'll either love or hate, so I definitely recommend sampling it before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my two favourite perfumes. I have used it for years and will continue to do so. Its fresh and sophisticated, clean and complex. Its light but lasts all day even in high humidity. The best summer perfume in my opinion but it also works in other seasons. I will always have this on hand.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sparkling citrus opening with hint of flowers. Dries down to floral and "green" woodsiness on me. Just slightly sweet, very clean, fresh and uplifting. If you're prone to procrastination and pessimism, this is the perfect antidote. I've had my sample a couple weeks but it's almost gone because I use it like a mood-altering drug! Lovely lovely lovely, definite repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Natalie Babbitt once wrote a book called The Search For Delicious, a modern fairytale about an entire kingdom that falls apart over the dissension over what is the most delicious of things, consequently the land is ruined of all food and drink. When their thirst is quenched by a cool stream (thanks to the hero's intervention), they all decide that ice cold water on a parched throat is the most delicious thing of all. That, in short, is Cristalle, something cool and refreshing in a desert seemingly without salvation. As perfume, it is deceptively simple—a crisp, luminous citrus formed through bergamot and lemon—but closer examination reveals shimmering aldehydes, which power its movement outwards from the skin, like a billow of chiffon, a brittle green twist from oakmoss, a graceful flirtation of a few stray jasmine petals, and just a hint of warmth from cooled melon slices and a rigid raspberry note. All of these accents are very subtle, but balanced so well that the hesperidic core never feels solidifies.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by BeaP

I can imagine this one on Frodo Baggins. Good quality, anyway.

EDIT: I've been thinking why I hate this fragrance so much, although a lot of people say this is a nice summery citrus, which is a category I generally like. I came to the conclusion that it's the oakmoss, which is the strongest ingredient in the composition. This is not an airy refreshing cologne, but an earthy scent, that smells like soil and fallen, rotten leaves.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by tjolie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this scent for years-it is my signature scent. It is fresh and sophisticated at the same time. I have tried others but I always return to this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I could barely forgive Turin and Sanchez's 2 star review of what in my humble opinion is a another great Chanel fragrance (Allure) but i must say they redeemed themselves considerably when reviewing Cristalle and could even laugh at Tania Sanchez's idea that Cristalle can't quite shake it's "narrow-eyed bitchy effect". There is definitely some truth in this but as someone who was too shy and worried about offending a waiter when i found a live grub in my spinach involtini (true story) i honestly think i could do with a fragrance that gives me a bitchy-eyed effect every now and then! Anyway the positives of this fragrance are numerous, if the light, fresh citrusy opening notes don't suck you in, the gorgeous mimosa, chypre drydown will surely keep you coming back for more. I once had a bottle of Carthusia's Mediterraneo which smelt almost exactly like this at the start but once the lemony goodness vanished there was nothing left and was a massive disappointment, Cristalle on the other hand is a fine example of what a light as air, complex fragrance can do with citrus, it smells like a real fragrance, not like you've just doused yourself in a bucket of Amalfi lemons. If you really want to have a bit of Chanel in your fragrance collection and find number 5 to much of an aldehydic powerhouse, Coco too old school, Chance et al to ubiquitous i recommend you have a serious look at Cristalle, it's wonderful, if not a bit pricey, sigh........

27 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No