April 17, 2014 | 1471 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sparkling citrus opening with hint of flowers. Dries down to floral and "green" woodsiness on me. Just slightly sweet, very clean, fresh and uplifting. If you're prone to procrastination and pessimism, this is the perfect antidote. I've had my sample a couple weeks but it's almost gone because I use it like a mood-altering drug! Lovely lovely lovely, definite repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Natalie Babbitt once wrote a book called The Search For Delicious, a modern fairytale about an entire kingdom that falls apart over the dissension over what is the most delicious of things, consequently the land is ruined of all food and drink. When their thirst is quenched by a cool stream (thanks to the hero's intervention), they all decide that ice cold water on a parched throat is the most delicious thing of all. That, in short, is Cristalle, something cool and refreshing in a desert seemingly without salvation. As perfume, it is deceptively simple—a crisp, luminous citrus formed through bergamot and lemon—but closer examination reveals shimmering aldehydes, which power its movement outwards from the skin, like a billow of chiffon, a brittle green twist from oakmoss, a graceful flirtation of a few stray jasmine petals, and just a hint of warmth from cooled melon slices and a rigid raspberry note. All of these accents are very subtle, but balanced so well that the hesperidic core never feels solidifies.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by BeaP

I can imagine this one on Frodo Baggins. Good quality, anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by tjolie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this scent for years-it is my signature scent. It is fresh and sophisticated at the same time. I have tried others but I always return to this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I could barely forgive Turin and Sanchez's 2 star review of what in my humble opinion is a another great Chanel fragrance (Allure) but i must say they redeemed themselves considerably when reviewing Cristalle and could even laugh at Tania Sanchez's idea that Cristalle can't quite shake it's "narrow-eyed bitchy effect". There is definitely some truth in this but as someone who was too shy and worried about offending a waiter when i found a live grub in my spinach involtini (true story) i honestly think i could do with a fragrance that gives me a bitchy-eyed effect every now and then! Anyway the positives of this fragrance are numerous, if the light, fresh citrusy opening notes don't suck you in, the gorgeous mimosa, chypre drydown will surely keep you coming back for more. I once had a bottle of Carthusia's Mediterraneo which smelt almost exactly like this at the start but once the lemony goodness vanished there was nothing left and was a massive disappointment, Cristalle on the other hand is a fine example of what a light as air, complex fragrance can do with citrus, it smells like a real fragrance, not like you've just doused yourself in a bucket of Amalfi lemons. If you really want to have a bit of Chanel in your fragrance collection and find number 5 to much of an aldehydic powerhouse, Coco too old school, Chance et al to ubiquitous i recommend you have a serious look at Cristalle, it's wonderful, if not a bit pricey, sigh........

25 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2you

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Cristalle EDP presents as feminine and very classy. This is a lovely fragrance and it lifts my spirits. I receive compliments on "how good I smell" long after I cannot detect the fragrance. It seems that Cristalle goes well with my chemistry. I have a large bottle of the EDP and I am going to purchase another when this one is finished. I may have found my signature scent. It is green, floral, but has some depth to it.

*2014* Update- I definitely have found my signature scent in Cristalle EDP. I tried wearing other fragrances, but still come back to this one. I wear it year round. I even like it in the Winter because it reminds me of Spring. Cristalle EDP is a beautiful composition.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A burst of fresh florals with a crystalline notes! I love Cristalle as a different approach to floral-based scents. Created in the 1970s, this has been a long-lived classic among the sea of floral-based fragrances that dominate the market.

The heart of Cristalle is honeysuckle which imparts a soft sweetness that is far from cloying. The opening of fresh citrus awakens the spirit and the long lasting base makes me keep smelling myslef thru the day. True the EDP is longer lasting but the EDT has a lighter and fresher opening compared to the EDP which is a bit deeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jb57

beautiful but too expensive anad not as long lasting as other chanels

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

I understand how this fragrance appeals to people. There is a freshness and a greeness to this ,that is like a breath of fresh air. It's never cloying .
However, it is not me and it 's not for me. I have tried the EDT and EDP . Bearing in mind, Cristalle has been reformulated lately and I have no doubt tested the 'new' version.
The EDP bears up better. It's lasting power is very good compared to the EDT which is just tinny and weak .
The green floral is juiced up in the EDP with a somewhat light powdery and bitter aspect. I don't like the bitter note which smells synthetic to me.
Still a good classic perfume for lovers of green .

Edit : Funny how tastes change. I have both concentrations of Cristalle now and I adore both . If you love Cristalle then you'll probably love Estee Lauder's Jasmine White Moss which is very similar to Cristalle. Worth a try if Cristalle doesn't last long on your skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I recently got this as an edt and I think it's gorgeous! It smells of oakmoss, creamy lemon, hyacinth and lily on my skin and it seems to be really long-lasting on me. If I spray it on in the morning I can still smell it on me in the evening - it just seems to meld with my skin.

I find it to be a very happy and carefree scent but also very chic and sophisticated. I can't get enough of it at the minute, I just want to wear it all the time :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No