July 23, 2014 | 2063 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lizzybennet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the trio for blue eyes. First off people with blue eyes should never wear blue eyshadow- it competes too much with the eye color. So why they would make this with blue shadow is beyond me but I tried it anyways. I HATE the blue shadows they are horrible and muddy looking. I gave this a three though because I love the brown shade- its bronzey brown shade which is great for blue eyes. Its the only one I wear out of the kit. Im never going to buy this again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the "Play up the Brown - Intense i-color" powder shadow (there are 3 colours in the pan).The pigment level in this pan is more than expected = rather impressive. Even more intense and long-lasting when applied wet. The grape colour is a quite nice: not too cold, not too warm, not too light, not too dark. It goes on smoothly and easily. It's neither frosty nor chalky nor overly shimmery. HOWEVER - somehow it doesn't exactly do the trick for me. i'm still looking for a Lise Watier Lavande replacement (Urban Decay was almost pefect). Mind you, i'm extremely picky when it comes to eyeshadow colours - particularly purples. The brown is fabulous for the crease and the highlight is a lovely lovely colour for it's purpose as well. Given that i'm dark-skinned (MAC NC45 or so) - i'm surprised that for Almay, the pigment of the shadows showed up on my skin. Average staying power. Very good product - almost excellent for a DS product. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2006 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I try to stear clear of drug store brands (which I used all through Jr. High and High School, none with good results), but the commercial for these shadows lured me back in. I should've known! These shadows are terrible! They crease in two hours, the consistency isn't great, and the shadows do not do anything for my eyes. All they did were make me look like someone punched me in the eye. Since then, I've tried using them separately (because I hate the fact that I actually spent money on them), and that is a tad better than using them all together. All in all, I am very disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by tragicdecay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i was stoked when i saw the commercial for this stuff on TV. as soon as i got the money (its a bit pricey, IMHO) i went out and bought the eyeshadow for blues and matching mascara. boy was i dissapointed!!!!!!!!!! i applied it just like the model did in the commercial and i ended up looking like some cheap hooker from the 1980's. LISTEN to people when they say blue eyeshadow is a no-no, especially for blue eyes! i also found this stuff to wear off pretty fast. after applying it, a few hours later and it had worn off and needed to be applied again. i have never had to do that with other eyeshadows before. for the nearly $10 it costs for this stuff, i was expecting something that lasts.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Laura_Iandoli

Well, first of all, I hate the look of blue or green eyeshadow. But, because the shades for Hazel eye color appeared "normal", I figured it was worth a try.

Well, I was wrong, what appeared to be a subtle pink, is actually a very bright pink. It looks ridiculous! I'm 22, but these bright, aweful colors, look like something a junior high student (who didn't know any better) would wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by sara_smiles426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This really did nothing for my medium green eyes. I have the original set, influding the liner and mascara. The shadows are of a horrible consistency and the darker green one is the exact same color as Milani clover, but much more expensive. The eyeliner was ok, but it felt like I had to try really hard to get any color at all on my face, and the mascara realy added nothing to my eyes. Big fat waste :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2006 9:57:00 AM More reviews by downcastgirl3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These products are too expensive for the disappointment I experienced. After going nuts and buying the eyeliner AND mascara along with it, I hoped it would provide a great look. Then I realized that this product is probably marketed towards older women (I am only sixteen). I still like to try stuff that makes me STAND OUT, not just enhances what I have. Well this blue certainly made me stand out - like any other blue eyeshadow, it made me look like an alien! Why did I think this would be any different? My sister always told me, never use the same eye shadow colour as your eye colour. And she was right. Rather than enhance my eyes (which have a lot of space between my crease and my brow bone) it just kind of made me look weird. It did everything BUT enhance my eyes. As a plus, the staying power was good, and I will continue to use the mascara on the days where I feel like using blue mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a product that makes my olive-green eyes pop. I have specks of gold in my eye color too with large pupils, so I have been looking for something to bring out the green. The original "bring out the green" almay eyeshadow did nothing for me, but the new "intense" line is great. I would stay away from the green mascara though and use the purple one linked with their brown line.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by manda_513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh, it was only so-so. I have forest green eyes and I can't say it really made them any greener. Colors were 'muddy' and I've since replaced my eye shadow with a Rimmel's eyeshadow in 'passion'

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by prune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Even though I am a make-up artist I was interested to find an eye colour palette that states it will enhance my natural eyecolour so out of curiosity I bought the one for green eyes. Yuck! The dark green goes on muddy, the light green really does nothing and the plum is just so-so. It does not bring out anything and in fact makes my eyes look sunken in, tired and no greener at all! I guess I will stick to what I have been teaching my clients ....do NOT use the same colour shadow as your eyes it will detract from their colour.....not enhance them.