TiGi Bed Head Self Absorbed Conditioner

3.0

*When your hair seems dead even after moisturizing and using protein, try this.

I decided to hand over $17 to get this stuff, it looked promising.

In the shower, I lathered 2 pumps of the stuff into clean hair. it on for 3-4 mins and rinsed.

After blow-drying gently, my hair was so soft and looked so healthy. It was SHINY, which my hair hadn't been for years. It worked really well. I guess my hair was just in need of nourishment--Vitamins, rather than moisture or "reconstructing protein." I was going insane and kept cutting off my "dead ends" until I found this. Best stuff ever! I love it so much.

on 7/10/2009 5:15:00 PM

I hate this conditioner. I have normal healthy hair, but this conditioner doesn't moisturize at all or help control frizz. I can barely get a comb through after. I give it 1 lippy only because it smells good. It is so thin and watery it is difficult to use. For the money, this is total crap.

on 6/17/2009 12:55:00 AM

Nice smell but that's it. Bought as a "deep conditioner" but it made my hair feel like straw. Aussie 3 Min works better and at 1/3 the price. Ended up using as a leg shave cream just because I don't want to waste something I wasted so much money on.

on 5/9/2009 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not my favourite conditioner by a long shot. Considering its name, it's actually a very light conditioner. It's is okay for me, occasionally, since I have straight relatively problem-free hair. Anyone looking for intense moisture is better off to skip.

I know a lot of people love the smell of this, but to me it smells like artificial oranges. Some days I really like it, and others I really hate it. It's really one of those hit or miss smells.

I doubt I'll repurchase once I run down my massive pump bottle. Strangely though, this has become my go-to choice for a shaving gel (based on the old conditioner-as-shave-gel tip). Once I decided I didn't really like this product and wanted to get rid of it, I started using it as a shave gel... and found I like it as a shave gel more than as a conditioner. So if you've got a bottle hanging around that you just want to get rid of... give it a try.

on 2/16/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this stuff has an amazing smell, like all bed head products, but beyond that there isn't too much that is great about it. it didn't do anything for my hair except make it smell amazing. if you buy the smaller size, the packaging is awful and once my bottle got too low, i had to cut the top off to be able to use what was left in the bottom, a pain in the butt, if you ask me.

on 2/13/2009 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The fragrance is great like all Bedhead products. It detangles my baby fine hair but it's unremarkable otherwise.

on 11/15/2008 3:17:00 AM

I have very long, thick, blonde hair. I take pride in it. This stuff did not do crap. It made my hair look dead, dry and frizzy. It did not moisterize at all; the only plus is the smell of it.

on 10/30/2008 4:39:00 AM

I've been using the Self Absorbed shampoo for quite a while but for some reason had never gotten around to trying the conditioner. I have now and I'm pleased... I LOVE the smell of the Self Absorbed products. The price is decent (think Bumble & Bumble, Kerestase, Ojon, etc. etc. etc.) and a pump bottle is my favorite (so EASY in the shower!). I don't need a heavy, dense conditioner. I have straight, long, fine, thick hair, color-processed -- without detangler I have a horrible bird's nest to work through. The Self Absorbed conditioner seems more like a decent detangler to me (instead of a conditioner). My hair is smooth, shiney, fairly easy to get through after washing (compared to a ton of other products I've tried), and NOT oily or heavy. I notice the fly-aways are more under control too, which is a big plus.

on 10/14/2008 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I tried a bunch of TIGI stuff during a sale and thought how bad can it be? I use a tonne of conditioner and $14 for a huge pump bottle seemed a good plan, or so I thought. THe only good thing about this conditioner is the smell. That's where the fun stops. Its runny, doesn't do even an ok job of conditioning and left my hair tangled, frizzy and poofy and overall, looking like a street tramp. even in a ponytail it started frizzing out little pieces and its too early for Halloween to try out this look. save your money, this stuff is crap.

on 8/4/2008 3:14:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing for my hair, after rinsing it out there's no soft feeling left. It's very uneconomical since I need a LOT of product every time to feel that it covers the hair, and still doesn't leave it any softer or detangled when rinsed out..