April 23, 2014 | 1588 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ashley31386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a huuuuge fan of the entire Burt's bees line. This lotion always brings memories of summer, almost a suntan lotion. The only thing that I don't like is how runny the lotion, but I suppose that is the toss up for lack of chemicals. I am always being complimented on the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Milk and honey sounds lovely, doesn't it? You'd expect a creamy, sweet scent with a lot of zing from the honey. Another reviewer described the scent perfectly with the word "rancid". It reminds me a bit of the body lotion by Fresh. That one smelled like hot garbage, and while this one doesn't smell nearly that bad, the same notes are present. The scent is not pleasant, but is not unusable either. It fades to smell reasonable within a few hours. The lotion itself is a thicker texture than most lotions, which is nice. It's very creamy and moisturizers quite well, but doesn't sink into the skin as well as I'd like. There's still a waxy feel to the skin several hours after application, like it never absorbed in all the way.
Performance: Just okay. There are much better lotions out there.
Scent: This is really important to me, and the scent on this one is quite unpleasant for awhile. Not good.
I like that Burts Bees uses more natural ingredients than other companies and that they don't test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This lotion is another reminder of why I adore the Burt's Bees line so much. This lotion is really rather moisturizing. It makes my skin very soft, especially when I apply it after using 100 Percent Pure's Organic Coconut body scrub. HEAVENLY. My skin is impossibly soft at the moment, and this lotion is a huge part of that. The scent is something I personally like. Because it's "milk & honey" it smells super creamy, but there is also a very fresh citrusy note in there as well. This component makes me think this may be better for summer use. In cool weather, it's okay as the milk and honey smell gives it a super warm and creamy scent yet I still feel this lotion has summer written all over it. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I feel well moisturized all day and I apply it all over my body after each shower. My skin looks and feels very healthy at the moment. I will get myself another bottle when the weather heats up for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by joslook

If it wasn't for the scent I would give this product a higher score. I love that it doesn't have all the bad chemicals of other lotions and it is creamy. It's effectiveness in smoothing rough skin is good. My husband and I both had problems with the strong, not great scent and couldn't wait to finish it. I was quite disappointed about that because I really was excited about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by LaLa007

Absolutely love it! Wouldn't be without it. It smells unbelieveably amazing, but is not too strong. Soaks into the skin really well, is mostly natural, and even has a relaxing effect. Best lotion ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't really care much about body lotions, washes, etc. - usually I just get the thing that is cheapest that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. This lotion, though, is worth the couple extra bucks. It is really dense - a little goes a long way - and sinks it quickly. It moisturizes well and never irritates my skin. The best aspect of it is easily the smell. It smells so good - not like perfume or chemicals or fake flowers, but just a bit like honey. I wish I could describe it better. I love this lotion, definitely an HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very hydrating. I like that it's natural. the scent is okay, doesn't bother me since its natural fragrance. it does fade but I could see why some people might not like it. this is the new and improved formula. I may repurchase in future but I also like aveeno too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Definitely one of my HG body lotions! Especially now that they have improved the formula (99% natural and doesn’t leave a waxy residue on the skin anymore). Here are my reasons for the 5 lippies ~the smell is divine ~readily available ~all natural ~and super moisturizing. Now it can seem a bit pricy but you can find it on sale at target and other drugstores!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

I actually have this in the Shea butter and vitamin e body lotion. Its fragrance free but it smells like plastic ): I'm usually not sensitive to smells so I'm surprised this bothered me so much. The ultimate test tho is if it gets a negative reaction from my bf then its a definite return. He took one smell and made this hilarious face. Back to the store it goes. However it does moisturize well, isn't too greasy, and you get a good amount of 6 oz. For around 7$@ Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good moisturizing lotion, almost thick enough to be a cream. It absorbs fairly quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I use this mainly to moisturize my hands and it leaves them so soft! But as others mentioned, it all comes down to the scent. It is quite strong, but I find the scent to be comforting and not perfumey: warm, milky with light creamy citrus, plus a hint of honey. Burt's Bees now sells this lotion in a squeeze tube with a flip cap (in 2.5, 6 and 10 oz?), perfect for tossing in a hand bag or bringing along on a trip. This product does not contain any sulfates, parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals, packaging is made from 50% post-consumer recyclable materials, and is not tested on animals. There are obviously other lotions on the market that do just as a good of a job (or better) at moisturizing for a comparable or cheaper price, but this is a nice alternative if you're looking for a little something "luxurious" at a drugstore price. If fragrance in products irritates you, this is definitely a product you should avoid.