September 30, 2014 | 1406 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought this lotion when it was on sale at my local Big Lots. I have never tried anything from this line minus the balms so I said why not?

The scent is fine, the moisturizing capabilities not so much. The lotion is on the runnier side. It penetrates my dry skin but it doesn't keep it moisturized for a very long period of time. I've tried this lotion out during the winter and the summer, so there is no excuse.

Overall this product was a fail. I would never spend that much on a lotion again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

IDK What happened!
1st of all, before buying this, I already knew that the formula was changed and it wouldn't smell like pure honey, and when i bought it, I thought i smelled a little like mint..:P ... and i actually liked it.

Also, I remember it moisturized very well.

Sadly, one day after using it for like 1 month or something when I used it, It smelled so powerful and strong like a strong mint and maybe... just maybe... rancid smell.

Now i can't use it due to the overpowering unsweet smell

and it's really expensive and tehre's better natural lotions out there like the one from live clean

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by xlitlbitx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a kit which I am glad I did as I am not a big fan of this lotion. I don't care much for the strong honey smell. When I squeezed some out of the tube it looked nice rich and creamy but when I went to rub it in it was like water. I have never had a lotion do that before and then the over powering smell of honey that lingers on for awhile. I will definelty not be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by TruffulaTree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh Burt's Bees, why did you have to do this to me? The Milk and Honey Body Lotion used to be my signature scent. It was light, non-greasy, and made my skin silky and soft. And it smelled amazing. People commented on it all the time. But then you had to go and change the formula. I appreciate the impulse to make an all natural formula but the new lotion is not a patch on the old. It's much thicker, comes in a smaller bottle, and isn't nearly as moisturizing. Honestly, though, if it wasn't for the smell, I'd still be buying this. It's not the worst thing I've ever smelled, but it makes me miss the old scent so much and it's absolutely no substitute. Am now on the hunt for a reasonably priced all natural body lotion to become my new staple - Nubian Heritage Goat's Milk and Chai may be my new choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ashley31386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a huuuuge fan of the entire Burt's bees line. This lotion always brings memories of summer, almost a suntan lotion. The only thing that I don't like is how runny the lotion, but I suppose that is the toss up for lack of chemicals. I am always being complimented on the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Milk and honey sounds lovely, doesn't it? You'd expect a creamy, sweet scent with a lot of zing from the honey. Another reviewer described the scent perfectly with the word "rancid". It reminds me a bit of the body lotion by Fresh. That one smelled like hot garbage, and while this one doesn't smell nearly that bad, the same notes are present. The scent is not pleasant, but is not unusable either. It fades to smell reasonable within a few hours. The lotion itself is a thicker texture than most lotions, which is nice. It's very creamy and moisturizers quite well, but doesn't sink into the skin as well as I'd like. There's still a waxy feel to the skin several hours after application, like it never absorbed in all the way.
Performance: Just okay. There are much better lotions out there.
Scent: This is really important to me, and the scent on this one is quite unpleasant for awhile. Not good.
I like that Burts Bees uses more natural ingredients than other companies and that they don't test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This lotion is another reminder of why I adore the Burt's Bees line so much. This lotion is really rather moisturizing. It makes my skin very soft, especially when I apply it after using 100 Percent Pure's Organic Coconut body scrub. HEAVENLY. My skin is impossibly soft at the moment, and this lotion is a huge part of that. The scent is something I personally like. Because it's "milk & honey" it smells super creamy, but there is also a very fresh citrusy note in there as well. This component makes me think this may be better for summer use. In cool weather, it's okay as the milk and honey smell gives it a super warm and creamy scent yet I still feel this lotion has summer written all over it. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I feel well moisturized all day and I apply it all over my body after each shower. My skin looks and feels very healthy at the moment. I will get myself another bottle when the weather heats up for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by joslook

If it wasn't for the scent I would give this product a higher score. I love that it doesn't have all the bad chemicals of other lotions and it is creamy. It's effectiveness in smoothing rough skin is good. My husband and I both had problems with the strong, not great scent and couldn't wait to finish it. I was quite disappointed about that because I really was excited about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by LaLa007

Absolutely love it! Wouldn't be without it. It smells unbelieveably amazing, but is not too strong. Soaks into the skin really well, is mostly natural, and even has a relaxing effect. Best lotion ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't really care much about body lotions, washes, etc. - usually I just get the thing that is cheapest that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. This lotion, though, is worth the couple extra bucks. It is really dense - a little goes a long way - and sinks it quickly. It moisturizes well and never irritates my skin. The best aspect of it is easily the smell. It smells so good - not like perfume or chemicals or fake flowers, but just a bit like honey. I wish I could describe it better. I love this lotion, definitely an HG.