September 16, 2014 | 1205 users online

Blush - NYX - Powder Blush (ALL)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by eunoia93

I've had a couple of these blushes for awhile. Got them in NYX haul after reading all these great reviews about their quality and staying power + cheapness. Unfortunately I disagree!

They come in a little compact that looks the same as the NYX eyeshadow singles. At first I was perturbed by how small they were but it's actually a decent amount of product and the size makes it easy to carry around in a makeup bag. NYX has a wide range of nice colors (something for everyone I'm sure) and the product is pretty smooth, soft, and applies easily with a decent amount of pigmentation (buildable).

Despite all this.. these blushes are pretty much useless because they have NO staying power. Less than 2 hours which is worse than any blush I've tried. It's good that these are compact because you have to re-apply all the time.

Also, despite my appreciation for the small, minimalist black/clear packaging. It's still not my favorite.. I don't like to "pay" for packaging over product but the NYX blush packaging are not very sturdy, obviously cheap plastic, and the clear part completely popped out of mine (and the NYX logo wore away completely but that's not a big deal)..

Bottom line.. pretty useless product unless you want something cheap to throw on when you run to the corner. The price is great of course but what's the point of spending even 3$ if it doesn't work?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This blush comes in really pretty colors, and it has a really nice matte finish.One problem, it is extremely hard blend. I have tried several different brushes in hope it would blend but it doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I love mostly all of the NYX products. They have great color payoff and are dirt cheap. The blushes are no exception. They're highly pigmented and stay on all day. That is pretty much all I ask for in a product. They have a great color selection and stand up against some of the high end products. They're also cruelty free.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i was on the budget when I bought this product and i have these in dusty rose and peach. From the outside, the packaging is really tacky and I find my brush hardly swirls because the pan is really narrow. The blushes are quite pigmented, however I find they are very chalky and powdery instead of sheer. They look like pink face powder swept on my cheeks instead of giving a nice sheer blush on my tan-medium skin. since they are powder, they sit quite long on my oily skin. I think overall, it's an OK product considering the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by GingerTaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love these, HATE the packaging. Super easy to break and makes the blush look cheap. I started liking the NYX blushes because I had 3 of them come with one of their all-in-one palettes (All I Ever Wanted) and I really REALLY liked those, so I thought "if these are so good then the individual ones have to be too" and they are! Plus they are super cheap and honestly last a long time.I have Pinched, Dusty Rose and Amber and I'll probably buy more. Looking forward to try Taupe as a contour, too! As a fair-skinned lady I've heard it does wonders and it's better than a bronzer for countouring, so that's next on my list.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NYX powder blush is probably one of the most pigmented blushes EVER. At first I had wondered about how small the blush size is, well no wonder, there is so much color packed into it. I use a the Real Techniques blush brush to apply the NYX blushes because it doesn't pick up too much color and allows for me to build the color on my skin. If you use a more dense brush, I think it will pick up way too much color and you will end up buffing it out like crazy. I highly recommend this blush, you can't go wrong for the price - I paid $4.99 at Ulta. I have Dessert Rose, which is a bright reddish/pinkish color and I also have Mocha which is almost a darker pink/peach color, definitely not in the brown colors that come to mind when you think "mocha". I highly recommend this blush if you don't want to pay over $20 for a higher end product. This is worth more than what it is priced that's for sure!! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by alisasmir

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Grey

Oh how I love NYX blushes! I have one in the shade 'TerraCota' at the moment, and before that I had 'Peach' and 'Angel' and they are completely gone! Personally I love the glowy skin look, and these blushes add the most beautiful glow to your cheeks! I don't tend to wear highlighter with them, it would be a bit too much for my liking. The colors are truly beautiful, too. Maybe someone who likes the matte face look wouldn't go for these ones, but I would suggest it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lyndalam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always used Nars blushes in Orgasm and Torrid or Benefits Coralista but wanted to try some new colors without spending over $25. After reading so many great reviews on NYX blushes, I decided to pick up Pinched and Pinky (both similar to the shades I'm used to). I've never been one to purchase drugstore face products since theres no tester... but Ulta had a BOGO 50% off sale so why not! I was surprised on how much I actually liked them! They're highly pigmented and go on smoothly with a nice matte finish that you can wear on a daily basis. The only thing is, i did notice it wore off throughout the day but still noticeable. Now that I know I like their blushes, I can experiment more with the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Pappadelta

i read alot of reviews and looked for swatches for nyx powder blush in pinched due to the claims that its a dupe for nars orgasm. i have used nars orgasm powder blush alot in the past. i love nars blushers the texture and pigment is amazing and nothing else on the market really comes close not even tom ford when youre talking about pigment anyway. the price point for nyx powder blush was 5.99, the packaging is cheap plastic. the plastic window has already come out but i fixed it with some glue. that doesnt bother me too much though. the texture is lovely smooth and soft, not grainy. now i used to wear a cream blush over foundation, then powder to set and a dusting of nars orgasm over the top. this was so that i just didnt get a gold highlight effect, in order for the pink/peach pigment to come through. due to my skin being uneven and generally not great including large pores i used nyx pinched in the same way, this didnt work and i ended up with just the gold highlight effect and it looked thick in texture. finally after messing around with primer and everything else, i became frustrated as the pigment is pinkier than nars orgasm but lovely and i wanted that colour to really come through. to make the pinky pinched pigment come through softly and seamlessly i applied mac face and body c5, shu uemura 7yr light to set and used real techniques contour brush to apply nyx pinched blush to just the apples of the cheek, i found the trick is to use the brush to buff the blusher in a little at a time so it doesnt just look gold. the effect is smooth, well what i call smooth on my face and it shows as a soft pink glowy flush. job done. i like nars orgasm but its more gold and nyx pinched is pinkier and smoother in texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

NYX is really starting to dominate my makeup collection. MAC quality at a fraction of a price. These blushes are amazing as expected.

PROS:
- highly pigmented
- very blend able
- dirt cheap
- great color selection
- long lasting even on oily skin
CONS:
- totally a nit but it would be great if you could create palettes with Nyx like you can with MAC - how awesome would a customizable NYX palette be for travel

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No