April 20, 2014 | 1349 users online

Blush - NYX - Powder Blush (ALL)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NYX powder blush is probably one of the most pigmented blushes EVER. At first I had wondered about how small the blush size is, well no wonder, there is so much color packed into it. I use a the Real Techniques blush brush to apply the NYX blushes because it doesn't pick up too much color and allows for me to build the color on my skin. If you use a more dense brush, I think it will pick up way too much color and you will end up buffing it out like crazy. I highly recommend this blush, you can't go wrong for the price - I paid $4.99 at Ulta. I have Dessert Rose, which is a bright reddish/pinkish color and I also have Mocha which is almost a darker pink/peach color, definitely not in the brown colors that come to mind when you think "mocha". I highly recommend this blush if you don't want to pay over $20 for a higher end product. This is worth more than what it is priced that's for sure!! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by alisasmir

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Grey

Oh how I love NYX blushes! I have one in the shade 'TerraCota' at the moment, and before that I had 'Peach' and 'Angel' and they are completely gone! Personally I love the glowy skin look, and these blushes add the most beautiful glow to your cheeks! I don't tend to wear highlighter with them, it would be a bit too much for my liking. The colors are truly beautiful, too. Maybe someone who likes the matte face look wouldn't go for these ones, but I would suggest it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lyndalam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always used Nars blushes in Orgasm and Torrid or Benefits Coralista but wanted to try some new colors without spending over $25. After reading so many great reviews on NYX blushes, I decided to pick up Pinched and Pinky (both similar to the shades I'm used to). I've never been one to purchase drugstore face products since theres no tester... but Ulta had a BOGO 50% off sale so why not! I was surprised on how much I actually liked them! They're highly pigmented and go on smoothly with a nice matte finish that you can wear on a daily basis. The only thing is, i did notice it wore off throughout the day but still noticeable. Now that I know I like their blushes, I can experiment more with the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Pappadelta

i read alot of reviews and looked for swatches for nyx powder blush in pinched due to the claims that its a dupe for nars orgasm. i have used nars orgasm powder blush alot in the past. i love nars blushers the texture and pigment is amazing and nothing else on the market really comes close not even tom ford when youre talking about pigment anyway. the price point for nyx powder blush was 5.99, the packaging is cheap plastic. the plastic window has already come out but i fixed it with some glue. that doesnt bother me too much though. the texture is lovely smooth and soft, not grainy. now i used to wear a cream blush over foundation, then powder to set and a dusting of nars orgasm over the top. this was so that i just didnt get a gold highlight effect, in order for the pink/peach pigment to come through. due to my skin being uneven and generally not great including large pores i used nyx pinched in the same way, this didnt work and i ended up with just the gold highlight effect and it looked thick in texture. finally after messing around with primer and everything else, i became frustrated as the pigment is pinkier than nars orgasm but lovely and i wanted that colour to really come through. to make the pinky pinched pigment come through softly and seamlessly i applied mac face and body c5, shu uemura 7yr light to set and used real techniques contour brush to apply nyx pinched blush to just the apples of the cheek, i found the trick is to use the brush to buff the blusher in a little at a time so it doesnt just look gold. the effect is smooth, well what i call smooth on my face and it shows as a soft pink glowy flush. job done. i like nars orgasm but its more gold and nyx pinched is pinkier and smoother in texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

NYX is really starting to dominate my makeup collection. MAC quality at a fraction of a price. These blushes are amazing as expected.

PROS:
- highly pigmented
- very blend able
- dirt cheap
- great color selection
- long lasting even on oily skin
CONS:
- totally a nit but it would be great if you could create palettes with Nyx like you can with MAC - how awesome would a customizable NYX palette be for travel

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Naama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try these powder blushes since I've heard such great reviews on them! I got 2 colors- Mocha and Spice.

Pros:
- Great color selection.
- INCREDIBLY pigmented!!!
- Super affordable.
- I've had these for about a year and a half now and I'm not even close to hit pan!

Cons:
- When using the wrong brush or too much product, you accidentally apply too much on and it's not a pretty look.
- Not such an appealing packaging, looks cheap.

I won't purchase any more blushes by NYX, but I'd highly recommend then to girls who can't afford high-end blushes or are not looking for anything over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by blackhound

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this blush. I use "Pinched" which is a pretty good dupe for Nars Orgasm.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seem to be in the minority here, but I did not have that much luck with these blushes. My local grocery store has a large selection of NYX, so I picked up peach and angel. The lasting power is poor and I really had to pack it on. I was able to swap peach away, but I'm still stuck with Angel. No seems to want it, I wonder why... I will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All the NYX blushes are great. Lightly shimmery, great colors, highly pigmented. They last a long time, apply easily, and blend well. Priced very well. I love NYX products!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great blush! Perfect compact size. The packaging is super cute, and I found that the color I bought is a great compliment for many skin tones. I am using "PINCHED" which is peachy color with a hint of shimmer. I am certain this could be a dupe for NARS orgasm. A much better price, and an all around great find! Excited to try their other shades.