November 20, 2014 | 2021 users online

Brows - Lancome - Le Crayon Poudre in Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by buddylou3

I've used this for MANY years and repeat what everyone says -- a good value since it lasts a long time, and the product is wonderful. I have tried countless products for brows and this one is the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for many years and still love it. I see so many other powders, gels, etc. on the market and I have considered trying them; but why leave a tried-and-true? This is not your mother's eyebrow pencil, it is not greasy and does not smear. It blends flawlessly and lasts througout the day. I have never had any trouble sharpening these. I have used a Chanel sharpener that came with a lipliner years ago and get a perfect tip every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad that I checked the product reviews on MUA before investing in another brow product. As usual, MUA has not led me astray. I absolutely love this pencil and I can't imagine going back to any other product for enhancing my eyebrows. Previously I have tried Anastasia brow powder (nice but pricey considering I only use one of the two shades, plus it requires the use of a brush), MAC Brow Finisher (waxy, unnatural looking, yuck), plain old eye shadow (OK but not ideal), and brow gels (not for me).

The Lancome brow pencil does EXACTLY what I need a brow enhancer to do: it fills in, looks natural, stays put throughout the day, and is easy to use. Having the pencil on one end and the little spooly brush on the other end is very handy. I use light, short strokes and voila, nice well-defined brows! Taupe is a perfect shade for me; I have dark hair and pale skin so I have to be careful about shades that technically "match" my hair color but look too harsh. Although some reviewers have encountered problems with sharpening the pencil, I haven't had any trouble using my MAC pencil sharpener with this.

Although this pencil is pricey it will last a good while, and it is a decent value for something so highly effective and convenient at the same time. Well worth the money, in my experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by irishtracy66

I love the Taupe color,but it is very dificult to sharpen. I returned it to Sephora and the SL told me I was using the wrong sharpener. I was actually using the Lancome sharpener but the point kept breaking. The brush on the other end works very well for blending. I read some other reviews which suggested putting it on the freezer before sharpening so I might try it again because the color did look great on my brows. I am currently trying Sephora's brand eyebrow palette. I tested Anastasia at the store so if the Sephora brand does't work that is my next brow brand to try. Still searching for the perfect brow color!!! I also started to use a product called Latisse for growing lashes longer which I have been putting on my brows which is beginning to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Junedess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so let me start off by saying that this pencil, imho, is awesome. Now let me also say that I am a Lancome Brow Specialist. However, before you assume that I am completely biased, I want to emphasize that this pencil is unique because it is a powder-pencil. It is a brow powder in a pencil form. This allows it to be very natural-looking in texture; most pencils have a waxy or creme-like texture and because of this, they tend to not blend easily, streak, drag and sometimes even pull out hairs. The color can work on many blondes and brunettes; I dye my hair soft black and use this everday. It is more of an ash tone, so if your hair has some red or copper to it, you'd be better off with one of the other colors. The pencil is a good length and has like a spoolie brush attached to the end, which is great for blending out after you have filled in. One VERY important note: be sure to have a good m/u pencil sharpener if not the Lancome one, now this is going to sound like a total scam and maybe it was even designed to be this way: the pencil, if used with a crappy sharpener will crumble and be eaten up because of its texture. Also, because upon sharpening you will see that it's held together by this plastic lining around the whole thing. So, if you can't get any of your sharpeners to work with it, (which is a complaint we get all the time because the beauty advisors forget to tell the customers this) get the Lancome sharpener, it's like $3. Overall, good quality and will last you a very looooong time.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by binky43130

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes it is expensive but it has a great color and the wire brush really blends the color well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most awesome brow product I have ever used. And I'm qualified to say that, because I've tried many brow fillers, enhancers, etc. over the years. This pencil just has everything you would need-- it fills in the brows naturally, the formula doesn't budge all day (even with oily skin or sweat), and the brush on the opposite end smooths everything out perfectly. I think the key here is the powdery formula, it simply holds in place until you wash it off. I would recommend with any brow color that you use a shade deceptively lighter than your hair color. Even though I have medium brown hair, the taupe shade works well & doesn't make brows look too harsh. I also like that Lancome has many different color options, instead of just the regular "light, medium and dark" shades of other brands. Before this I was using Benefit's Browzings, and even their "light" shade was way too dark for me. It also melted under the hot summer sun. So Lancome is my new HG for brow color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by BaronessRadon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this happily for brows for years! Taupe is good, but occasionally I will use Sable. However, I just discovered by accident (when a chunk of pencil tip fell in the wet sink) that if you moisten the tip ever so slightly it fills in even better and goes on smoothly. I've tried other powders and pomades for brows, but I always come back to this. Convenient to have the brush on the end too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by johnsod8

I am really surprised at all the great reviews for this product as I
found it to be really poor. On a humid day, or if you are inclined to sweat this will melt right off of you!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second favorite brow pencil, first being KA'a precision brow pencil. This was the first brow pencil I ever purchased, and it's a great product. The MA tried to give me a darker color (I'm NC30 with dark brown hair and eyes), but this color looks so much more natural on me. I have repurchased this and would recommend to anyone.