July 26, 2014 | 1112 users online

Foundations - Philosophy - the supernatural airbrush canvas

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by RaShell

I love this product. Its light and natural yet it covers, which is what I look for in face products. It evens out my skin tone. I can wear this over a liquid foundation or sometimes I just use this and a concealer. The only downfall is the pad that you are suppose to use for application, I don't care for it. I remove the top and apply with a brush which can sometimes get messy. Other than that I recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ewhitelaw

This was my first mineral foundation purchase so I didn't quite know what to expect. I got it from Mecca Cosmetica on a whim after going in to buy the Hourglass mineral compact, but they didn't have the right colour for me.

I love this foundation! Before I started using it I was getting terrible red scaly rashes around my chin and under my eyes because I have such sensitive skin. This foundation doesn't give me that and it helped to clear the rashes up in no time! That being said, in the first 3 days of using this product I got three big red sore pimples (I never get pimples) which I attributed to my skin getting used to the powder. After that i haven't had a single pimple in the last 6 months, although I have had some blocked pores and blackheads.

Pros:
- My skin looks perfect. Literally perfect. Great moderate coverage with a slight sheen but not sparkley. LOVELY! I've had so many comments about my skin since I started using this product.
- Light weight, matte finish looks great and really evens out skin tone. I have red-ish cheeks and it covers that quite well.
- Feels great on my skin - usually.
- Helped me over come sensitive skin issues in no time! I am so happy not to have to worry about my skin reacting to my foundation anymore. It is for this reason that I have given it 4 lippies, despite the cons listed below.

Cons
- The packaging is stupid. The sponge gets dirty so quickly, and it's terrible knowing that you're rubbing that many germs into your skin every morning! Instead of using the sponge I just put one of those little round spot band-aids on the inside over the hole where the powder enters the sponge to stop wastage and use Mecca Cosmetica's buff brush to apply it. This means you lose a whole lot of the powder. Such a waste.
- Those pimples early on might be a problem for some people who are prone to breakouts
- When I put it on in hot weather, or if I start sweating during the day, my skin prickles, burns and gets quite itchy unitl I cool down.
- I have relatively dry skin and so I have to use a fair amount of moisturiser before applying this, which is the case with all powders I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 7:02:00 AM More reviews by espinosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product was my first non-drugstore purchase about 5 years ago. I wanted something to cover my imperfections and leave me with flawless looking skin. At the time, my skin was very dry and flaky from an improper skincare routine and general lack of knowledge about skincare, makeup, etc, so I caked this stuff on until I looked like I bathed in colored flour.

This product got tossed aside since then as I learned more and became more and more obsessed with skin and cosmetics, leaving powder foundation behind for liquid which suits my skin better. It wasn't until now that I decided to drag this out of the drawer of never-used-product doom, when I ran out of my usual setting powder (MAC MSF Natural). And it works wonderfully used as one. I don't find that it highlights my large pores or any other imperfections.

I hate the sponge, and depotted the powder into an empty sample jar. I haven't experimented with too many brushes with this just yet, but I like using the 187 as it picks up minimal product to avoid dispersing too much onto your skin. It has a slight satin finish quite similar to the MSF natural. I find it to have a slight diffusing effect as well.

If you like powder foundations, or if you're looking for setting powder which offers a bit of coverage, I'd recommend trying this out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by cassies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good powder but I chose the lightest color and it is a little orange for me.. The reason I tried this way to get away from B.E and try something new because I was allergic. I might like this if the color matched me. I also take it out of the holder and put it in an old B.E foundation container cleaned out because I don't care for putt on the powder with the sponge it comes with. I wish this wasn't so orange and more realistic face color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

This product was okay, it was quicker than B.E. but only slightly better coverage (medium not full). They both contain Bismuth Oxycloride which makes you itch and have bumps on your forehead when you sweat so I don't wear either. It was pricey, and though it'd probably last a long time, it's just not worth it for the coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by azunino228

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for a decent coverage powder foundation that doesn't make my oily skin breakout like crazy or clog my pores.

FINALLY! I love this stuff. Its not a miracle, but its better than anything else I've tried, and I've tried quite a few: MAC SF, Pur Minerals, MicaBella, Smashbox, Tarte, etc etc.

This powder goes on super smooth and I don't even have to use concelaer anymore!!! I just use my concealer brush and pat the powder over my acne scars and blemishes and then buff it out with my powder brush and it covers wonderfully! Now, like I said its not a miracle, but it covers better than anything else out there.

The color is a pretty good match, and I'm extremely hard to please when it comes to color matching my foundation. I wear C4 in MAC SF and this stuff comes really close and has a nice matte finish.

It wears longer than any other MM out that I've tried, it doesn't melt away in an hour like some others. I use MAC Blot powder to set my makeup and to touch up during the day.

The only gripe I have is the packaging... it sucks so bad! I don't use the sponge that comes with this (attached to the jar) because I just think it goes on too heavy for me. I unscrew the cap and dip my brush into the lid. This seems to be the best way to get the finish I'm going for. I wish they would make a simple sifter jar for this instead, or at least alternatively for those of us who don't prefer the attached sponge! I also don't think that using that sponge is very sanitary... I have breakout prone oily skin and there's no way that I would use the same dirty sponge all the time (although, they do sell replacement sponges)!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is awersome it creat a beautful soft look to my face that Last all day without any touch ups , I can wear either Natural or the Beige , I use it with My The Present and it perfect for poping in your bag when you finished a work out at the "GYM" it what the lazy girls cleaners is to makeup , the trick is with this product is to use a primer Like the Present My HG of primers or something like that then remember less it more I found if I keep puffing it onto my skin looks a mess but if I use a small amount and blend with the pad it look beautful
Highly recommend this it is a great concept and couldent Live with out it now!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by heatherleith

I love this stuff! Makes my skin glow. Not perfect (doesn't keep me matte for long, not a perfect shade match, have to reapply) but for some reason I keep using it. It just makes my skin look healthy and, as one friend told me, "like butter." Give it a try! Definitely easier and faster to apply than BareMinerals, PLUS you get a smoother look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by corinreid

this is my holy grail foundation. Very natural looking. It doesn't seem to settle in my lines/pores, but then again, I blend, blend, blend.
I look like I have great skin, not wearing makeup. It doesn't get cakey or wear off. A little goes a long way, so perhaps people who don't like this are using too much.

I use the Beige, then add the Bronzer during the summer as I get darker.

I wish I could like the packaging more - I love the idea of the sponge brush, but it just doesn't work that well. I use a kabuki brush for this. I love the little mirror in the lid though.