April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Blush - NARS - Silvana

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Silvana is a very pretty, warm peach with golden shimmer. Not the vibrant peach of Orgasm, Torrid, Gilda or Gina, .... Silvana is more of a warm, soft, golden peach. A gentle earthy-peach. Silvana has a lovely gold shimmer that is very soft, fine and adds a very pretty "glow" to the skin. Silvana would be a very good blush for a glowy summer look, or to warm up a pale complexion in the winter. I have light PPP skin (with yellow/neutral undertones), and when I apply Silvana lightly with a fan brush, I get the prettiest golden-peach glow to my face! *** ALSO, just FYI, Silvana has just been re-released this week on the NARS website after having been discontinued in 2003! I guess enough women liked it that they brought it back. Yay! I'm thrilled, because now I can stock up in case they try to discontinue it again someday! LOL! :)

______UPDATE__4/21/06_______ I upped Silvana to 5 stars, because I find myself reaching for this blush more than any other ... almost daily! Silvana is so neutral that it goes with everything and anything, and I wear it so much! So up to 5 stars Silvana goes! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 2:47:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh poor Silvana, you never get any glory wiht with Orgasm and Deep Throat hogging it all. But I still like you plenty! So yes Silvana is a bit unassuming with its little tan peachy, not-really-typical-blush-color self. It has very fine glitter particles – not really shimmer since it’s not an overall sheen. It looks like it has the propensity to become a “muddy” blush color since it doesn’t have any pink-ness about it but I've never had that problem with any blushes (or maybe I do and I'm just oblivious!). Anyway, I much rather like Silvana because it’s an understated type of blush. I had to use a bit of a heavier hand with this blush than my other NARS blush, but it showed up a lovely earthy glow on my Asian complexion. I think it would work fantastically with my orange-toned eyeshadows and bronze lip colors. I think it's full potential would be reached when used in conjuction with other more true pink blushes. Hmmm, there's something I must try! It’s really underrated, but I’m pretty sure I won’t reach for it as much as say, Lovejoy. Still very happy with it. Would I repurchase? Probably not, but I swapped for it, so no remorse here!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Silvana looks like a honey tan peach in the pan. I was looking at this color at the NARs counter because I wanted a bronzeyish blush that does not turn orange or muddy on me. Err, no. Applied on Silvana looked very dirty orange. I look as though I had taken that Crayola crayon in Burnt Siena and rubbed it on my cheeks. Not good. I think that Silvana will work better for neutral or warmer skintones, cool toned ladies should definitely stay away. For reference I'm Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5. Lovejoy is orangey mud on me, Madly is a warm dirty peach, and Angelika is a natural pink on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by scarlett1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this one in the American beauty palette.I thought it would be more shimmery,but it only has slight shimmer,oh well,anyway i like this!.I can,t describe it,i would say it,s a kind of peachy bronw shade.It,s peach,but also has something bronzy.I guess it would be great to warm complexion in the winter,when a bronzer might be a little too much for my PPP-LLL skin.Great addition to my collection :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2005 11:16:00 PM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only Nars blush I have - an ok color, good as a bronzer. But I've taken at least 2 lippies off for its rubberised packaging. In tropical climates, it really goes funny - mines now a sticky mess, and because of it I seldom use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 11:29:00 AM More reviews by kami

This is one of my HG blush shades! I absolutely love this shade! On my HHH, C40/GA 6.5/Stila 50 Watts/Becca Honey complexion this comes off as a light bronzey tan with peach. Yes, a honey/caramel/golden ladies dream blush. This is not so pigmented that I need to use a light hand, it almost just blends in with my skintone and naturally warms up my skin. I have black hair, dark brown eyes and my cheeks are huge, like Janet Jacksons'. Therefore I find that subtle shades of blush look best on me since I prefer to define my eyes instead. A definite must have for me. I wish sephora would start carrying this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jaclynz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its a nice beautiful bronzey colour. Its looks really good on my MAC NC40 skin. I even mix it up with another colour if I feel like I need to have another type of bronzey colour. I can't wait to try this in the summer time to see how my skin looks.

I like it a lot. I definitely didn't think I would like it by looking at, but you must try to see its true potential. Its a bit more sheer and has some nice goldish colour in it than I expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2005 12:41:00 AM More reviews by pinkice

What a great color. I loved this color b/c I like a natural bronzed sexy look and this was great. I am fair skinned so this was beautiful on me. I wear it with bronzer and on the very top of my cheek bone I put a light peach pink and the look is stunning. It looks light but its not...try yourself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2004 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LucyBelieves

I like this as a contour color for my NC 35 skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by naima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you’re a GGG like I am and you want a highlighter, this might work. But I wanted a blush and this particular shade resulted in absolutely NO color payoff for me – just sparkles. I passed it on to someone who might actually benefit from the pretty shade! continued >>