Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 1/13/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder. I get it for about $2.99 and it is more than worth it. I'm not so oily anymore, so it does tend to be drying for me, but I don't need a lot of powder anyways. I just use it to lightly set my foundation. It's comes in lots of shades and feels really nice. The only drawback is the packaging. The clear cap always ends up breaking, which then means the powder will end up breaking soon after with no protective cover. I wish they would package it with an attached cover, but I can get over that. I just use something different in my purse. There is no "toss it in my purse" for touch ups. That will definitely break the cap and leave powder everywhere!

on 1/12/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Probably the best powder you can find at the drug store!

Though I don't have "oily" skin, my nose sometimes gets a little bit shiny, and this powder clears it up right away. The mattifying effect easily lasts four to six hours without needing a touch-up. And aside from mattifying any oily parts on your face, this also is a great powder for setting any liquid or cream foundations!

The only downfall to this great product is the packaging. The lid flies off very easily, and the locking mechanism does nothing to keep it in place. If you plan on bringing this traveling or out in general, you should probably use an elastic band or hair tie to keep the lid in place.

Overall, I'm a big fan of this pressed powder, and have repurchased it twice now. I've even hit major pan on my current pot of this! I reccomend this to everyone, and I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 1/11/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! Use it as setting powder for my oily t-zone, as the rest of my face is dry and I use an illuminating setting powder for those areas. You can use it with or without makeup because even though I bought mine in my skin tone (I wanted the transparent but it was sold out) it still goes on virtually invisible and offers little to no coverage.

It's great for using to mattify my nose so my glasses stop slipping around, and I even use it on my hair by my hairline because it can get a little greasy after I apply lotion and foundation. It also does a decent job of blurring my pores, I was actually impressed! They don't completely disappear but still blurs them about 50%

the packaging isn't great, so I don't travel with it, just use it at home, and I bring a blotting powder compact (cover fx) with me in my purse for any touch ups. And just to be clear, this is a setting powder, not a blotting powder, this product does mattify your skin and absorbs oil, but it's not as strong as blotting powder, which absorbs oil and helps to control it. But I really can't live without this stuff, and it's so cheap! I think I paid $8? Can't remember...

on 1/8/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the price of this product it is a performs very well on my oily skin, and I did not expect to be as impressed as I am. While the packaging leaves a touch to be desired (the lid in flimsy and the packaging is thin, brittle plastic) it didn't break when I dropped it so it seems to be durable enough. But because the lid isn't secured I wouldn't let it tumble around in my purse. I like that this product does keep me matte for most of the day, boosts the coverage of my foundation, has no scent and doesn't look excessively powdery. The texture of the powder is finely milled and easy to work with.

What I dislike about this product is that it separates around every single pore and leaves my face looking speckled and textured. While it's not the worst results I have experience I still don't experience this with my Mac, Sephora or Laura Mercier mineral powders. And I find that this product isn't particularly easy to touch up with, the separation of product around the pores can't be covered by touching up which is my biggest frustration. And it takes away from any slip the product has so I can't blend over it. If it weren't for the exceedingly reasonable price I paid ($7 CDN) I would give the powder a 3/5, but, for the price I am impressed but I don't think it lives up to the hype for us more oily skin types.

EDIT : Despite the talc it hasn't irritated my cystic acne prone skin, but this stuff does look quite cakey and the more I wear it the less pleased I am with the result. It really is impossible to touch up with this powder and it makes my pores look terrible. I'm using it to set under eye concealer, which is does OK with, so it will last forever.

on 1/7/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Would repurchase forever

on 1/3/2015 4:20:00 PM

I bought this product last year and still use it! I honestly love this product but yes there is a few cons. It isn't very long lasting but for as cheap as it was, I don't mind. The finish is matte, obviously hence the name. The only other thing is that the packaging is so simple that the lid doesn't always stay on. It is very easy to break and after taking the lid on and off several times. It actually starts to fall off at a point so just be careful.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

BEST POWDER OUT THERE FOR SHINE CONTROL !!!! For 4 pounds it is such a amazing product. Will never look cakey on skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Made me break out in hives instantly :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is the second year I have used this in summer. My skin goes very oily in the sun and needed something to stop the shine. I bought this thinking it wouldn't do the trick but it's does! And for the price you cannot go wrong. I use 001 and brush it over my T zone to stop that awful shine. Great value and does the job!

on 12/31/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Made my face itch and gave me spots. I think i am allergic to this.. i had to toss it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials