October 24, 2014 | 1777 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by TPPZSmakeup102

This powder is the best! It makes cakey foundation look matte, and my skin looks perfect! Then again, I have normal skin, so oil isn't a huge problem for me. I definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This powder performance wise is one of the best mattifying+finishing powder that is available in drugstores. However, there is a detectable scent to it, which I don't care for as this product does contain added fragrance. When I bought it, I didn't check out the ingredients. I do not understand why Rimmel often puts fragrance in their products. Fragrance can be a huge irritant. The only way that I would buy this powder again is if Rinmmel takes out the added fragrance. For now, I do not plan to re-buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Rayellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Powder works well, reminds me of my favourite which is the mac studio fix powder. The packaging is horrible though and the lid will almost always crack

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a super pressed powder. Just as good as any high-end brand I've used. I like it better than my Benefit Porefessional Agent Zero Pro Powder. My new favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by puffybubblezz

I've tried Maybelline Dream Matte in the shade SAND and this Rimmel powder in the shade TRANSPARENT. While I find both powders very comparable, this powder is better because it isn't as pink as the Maybelline. It's nearly impossible to find a drugstore mattifying powder in a pale yellow, but this comes very close. Neither powder is sensational. It can look chalky and powdery and definitely emphasizes dry spots. I put this only on my t-zone and it looks OK. I sometimes spray a mist over everything to make my face less powdery.

Admitally, I use kind of a heavy hand with this powder but that's the only way I stay shine-free for 4-5 hours. For 8+ hours wear, I wear Murad Oil Control primer underneath. Would definitely repurchase! (But I'm on the hunt for something more yellow toned)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Olom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been having a hard time finding "translucent" powders (because of my own powder standards!) since my HG powder was discontinued. I usually look for a powder that appears light beige and is labelled "translucent" by the manufacturer so I searched the Internet and this was the next best thing - it's also cheaper than the stuff at Sephora and, I figured, more available in my area. The first time I picked this up, I either got it at Wal-Mart or Shoppers Drug Mart for, I believe, less than $7. It goes on light on my skin (which I prefer) but isn't chalky-looking after I finish applying all my make-up (and it doesn't look too chalky either when reapplying for touch-ups). My only complaints as far as it's "matte" power and how it looks on my face in general: it doesn't keep oil at bay for long (face looks oily minutes after touch-ups sometimes) and the tiny powder particles get trapped in my eyebrows and it's noticeable (to me, anyway) under certain lighting conditions.

As far as the packaging... you can't really expect more quality for a product that is so inexpensive. The lid is prone to cracking (since it's a thin plastic) and I would prefer a compact container instead with a mirror, like many other powders out there. The powder itself is VERY prone to shattering if the container is dropped or if there is little product left in it.

I now have a hard time finding the "translucent" one every time I go to Wal-Mart so I want to find a "back-up" drugstore powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mayaonfiya

Great basic powder, in a nice big pan. Doesn't cake, good color range, feels light, really takes down shine -- what's not to love? The only problem is the horrible packaging, so I bought an awesome vintage Stratton compact on eBay, put the Rimmel pan in it, and now it makes me feel like Lauren Bacall whenever I use it -- try it, you'll never go back. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by FatiimaaA1

NOT REALLY THAT GREAT!! I have quite oily skin, on average I touch up around 2/3 times in a day! I apply this after my foundation (ELDW) on my t-zone and this immediately makes my foundation look cakey. It doesn't set well onto my foundation and does NOT control oil! My nose starts to shine after 2 hours! Wouldn't recommend this to someone with really oily skin! But obviously it isn't a high end product therefore the quality isn't as impressive as a high end powder. It's worth a try if you have combination skin, just make sure it sets well onto your foundation. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by MMBisMe903

I love this powder!! I first saw a review of it on collegefashion.net, and a few days later I bought it. It felt really smooth after I put it on, and it lasted all day. And at the end of the day it was easy to take off with makeup remover, so that was awesome. I've been using it everyday that I do full-on makeup since then. It doesn't get cakey, looks really natural and covers pretty well. i will definitely be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this on a whim - and found amazing results, especially on my oily tzone. I have the powder in shade 020 Nude Beige which I found was the most yellow based in the selection and am incredibly impressed. Keeps me matte for hours, and looks great when reapplied. For the price, why wouldn't you try it??