February 26, 2015 | 1858 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 4:36:00 PM More reviews by clfulford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Use it as setting powder for my oily t-zone, as the rest of my face is dry and I use an illuminating setting powder for those areas. You can use it with or without makeup because even though I bought mine in my skin tone (I wanted the transparent but it was sold out) it still goes on virtually invisible and offers little to no coverage.

It's great for using to mattify my nose so my glasses stop slipping around, and I even use it on my hair by my hairline because it can get a little greasy after I apply lotion and foundation. It also does a decent job of blurring my pores, I was actually impressed! They don't completely disappear but still blurs them about 50%

the packaging isn't great, so I don't travel with it, just use it at home, and I bring a blotting powder compact (cover fx) with me in my purse for any touch ups. And just to be clear, this is a setting powder, not a blotting powder, this product does mattify your skin and absorbs oil, but it's not as strong as blotting powder, which absorbs oil and helps to control it. But I really can't live without this stuff, and it's so cheap! I think I paid $8? Can't remember...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2015 8:59:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the price of this product it is a performs very well on my oily skin, and I did not expect to be as impressed as I am. While the packaging leaves a touch to be desired (the lid in flimsy and the packaging is thin, brittle plastic) it didn't break when I dropped it so it seems to be durable enough. But because the lid isn't secured I wouldn't let it tumble around in my purse. I like that this product does keep me matte for most of the day, boosts the coverage of my foundation, has no scent and doesn't look excessively powdery. The texture of the powder is finely milled and easy to work with.

What I dislike about this product is that it separates around every single pore and leaves my face looking speckled and textured. While it's not the worst results I have experience I still don't experience this with my Mac, Sephora or Laura Mercier mineral powders. And I find that this product isn't particularly easy to touch up with, the separation of product around the pores can't be covered by touching up which is my biggest frustration. And it takes away from any slip the product has so I can't blend over it. If it weren't for the exceedingly reasonable price I paid ($7 CDN) I would give the powder a 3/5, but, for the price I am impressed but I don't think it lives up to the hype for us more oily skin types.

EDIT : Despite the talc it hasn't irritated my cystic acne prone skin, but this stuff does look quite cakey and the more I wear it the less pleased I am with the result. It really is impossible to touch up with this powder and it makes my pores look terrible. I'm using it to set under eye concealer, which is does OK with, so it will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 3:38:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Would repurchase forever

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lylliareaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product last year and still use it! I honestly love this product but yes there is a few cons. It isn't very long lasting but for as cheap as it was, I don't mind. The finish is matte, obviously hence the name. The only other thing is that the packaging is so simple that the lid doesn't always stay on. It is very easy to break and after taking the lid on and off several times. It actually starts to fall off at a point so just be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 10:46:00 AM More reviews by GeorginaDawson

BEST POWDER OUT THERE FOR SHINE CONTROL !!!! For 4 pounds it is such a amazing product. Will never look cakey on skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2015 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Shylilsweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Made me break out in hives instantly :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 1:27:00 PM More reviews by freyahaseldine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the second year I have used this in summer. My skin goes very oily in the sun and needed something to stop the shine. I bought this thinking it wouldn't do the trick but it's does! And for the price you cannot go wrong. I use 001 and brush it over my T zone to stop that awful shine. Great value and does the job!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Made my face itch and gave me spots. I think i am allergic to this.. i had to toss it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by vialiv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read so many great reviews for this product. I was really excited to try it because it was only $6 at CVS.
This powder definitely fell short for me. I use MAC face and body liquid foundation (n2) and until today I was using a L'oreal true match super blendable concealer crayon,(the name is so long, I'm sure I didn't get it right) Which I had stopped using because it's a terrible product. This powder was so incredibly thick and cakey on my skin and it brought out patches of red flaky dermatitis on my cheeks, forehead and under my eyes. Broke me out with painful red cystic acne(which I don't ever get, mind you).
It was awful. Please, if you love your skin, don't ever buy this powder, there are much, MUCH better powders out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by innerutopia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, hands down, the best makeup product I've ever purchased. I've had bad experiences with products that are really greasy and oily on my skin, but when I use this powder, the gross shine from the other products disappears. My skin doesn't get very oily naturally, but this powder really helps to control shine from humidity and other makeup products. I like to use this as a setting powder, and if I accidentally put on too much blush, I go over it with this powder and it helps to tone down the colour and make it look more natural. And it lasts such a long time; I bought this powder about a year ago and I still have at least half of it left. I've had no issues with the packaging either. I've never tried any other powders and I don't have to; I love this stuff and will gladly repurchase whenever I run out.