Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging isn't great.. I put it in my bag and the lid cracked in two. But the price is great and it makes me matte for about 7 hours with my dry/combo skin. Although, you have to be careful not to put too much on or else it can look very powdery or cakey.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

To begin with, before purchasing this product, I heard a lot of YouTubers raving about it and I read some crazy reviews, and i knew i HAD to go out and pick one up. Since I'm more on the tan side of skin tone, Rimmel didn't have a shade to suite me (a big problem with most drugstore brands), so I ended up picking up the translucent one.

Needless to say, it left a very obvious chalky/white cast on my face, did not control my oily patches (combo skin), and made my makeup feel heavy!
I think the only plus side to this product is its inexpensive price tag, which frankly doesn't justify the product's quality.

No matter how cheap this powder is, would not purchase again!

this product works well for me. It's not my favorite but it helps take away the oily look to my skin throughout the day, it's a good product to keep in your purse.

I don't really get the hype about this product... Sure, it's unexpensive and it works OK. But nothing more than that. It does not keep my oily patches matte all day as it claims (combo skin), I have better powders from other cheap brands. So if you have dry-normal skin and just want to set your foundation, this might work good for you. But if you have oily skin or combo skin like me, I don't think this is a good product. I'd rather save those dollars to buy a better powder even though it's high end.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i love it so much! i use this to set my foundation, and it keeps me matte. i use Transparent and it really is transparent. will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is definitely worth it's money. I have the transparent one but I know that the pigmented ones do provide good coverage. It works really well to set my foundation and to keep everything in place. also good to tone down oiliness throughout the day. using this, I don't get oily for about 5 hours which is good because I have rather oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm really confused about all the negative reviews. This is my go-to powder that I always buy! It took a couple years of trying matte/oil control powders to pair with my Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination skin, but once I tried this the search was over! I've been using it for 2 years now and I love it! I even got my mom and best friend to try it and they love it as well. It is matte and great at oil control, it's very lightweight and looks natural! Plus the price is great just as with all Rimmel products.

I feel like people who don't like this product:
1. Don't have oily skin so probably shouldn't be seeking a matte product.
2. Aren't matching the colors to their skin tone correctly
3. Aren't using a foundation color that matches well with it OR have oily skin and aren't using some kind of matte/oil control foundation underneath the powder
4. Are actually seeking a powder-foundation, not simply a powder. A powder is not meant to be full coverage!

I am an NW15 and have extreme combination skin. So my very oily areas require some serious help via finishing powder. I have this in the lightest shade, which I believe is supposed to be translucent. The packaging, as some other reviewers have noted, is atrocious. It comes in a large, flat, round plastic case, and the cap comes completely off-- no hinge, and it starts out tight and is difficult to remove. the powder is packed tight, and very noticeable on the skin. As soon as it soaks in, it is replaced by oil. And that happens in about 20 minutes tops. So who really cares if it's cheap if everything about it sucks?

So so great!

Mattifies my skin and doesn't look cakey even if I pile it on.

The 'transparent' colour is misleading as it has a slight white/pale tinge to it.

Only complaint would be the packaging- the lid is made of flimsy plastic so quite easy to crack.

This was my first powder which I bought for $12.95 AUD and I just needed it to mattify and set my foundation/bb cream and I think it did a pretty good job. I bought the translucent powder and after applying this powder it felt as if my foundation was set and it felt relatively locked into the skin. I feel as if this product does mattify your skin but it doesn't last the whole entire day. Also this powder doesn't really have coverage but just mattifies. I think it's pretty good :)

PROS:
Mattifies, price is not too bad and pretty good for a basic drugstore powder :)

CONS:
Doesn't have coverage (for the people who are looking for coverage), doesn't last the whole entire day but relatively works for most of the day

Video Reviews & Tutorials