Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

I just ran out to CVS to purchase a pressed powder because I wear foundation and I sweat SO much. Whenever I go out, I would start sweating in seconds and I would sometimes rub my face or wipe it with a napkin to get the sweat off, which leads to me wiping the foundation/concealer off as well. I wear concealer to cover up my acne scars so when I wipe it off, my acne scars start to show which I hate. So I finally decided that I will get a pressed powder, which all of my friends and the internet suggest. I'm on budget so I looked online for cheap pressed powders. I came across this one and the ELF Studio High Definition Loose Powder and read both of the reviews on here. I was just at CVS and had a hard time deciding which one to purchase, since they both overall had good ratings and the price was the same ($6). But I read over the reviews once again while I was there, and most of them stated that the ELF studio hgh definition loose powder leaves a white cast when taking pictures with flash, but the reviews for the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder had no complaints on that whatsoever. So I decided to get it. I came home, I was sweating all over, I wiped the sweat off, washed my face, reapplied my makeup (Im going out after this), and after I was done with everything, I applied the powder on with a kabuki brush and boy! Was I happy. This product not only minimizes the appearance of pores, it also gives your soin a soft look. It doesn't look oily, or took caked up. It's perfect. I've only had this on for about 2 hours and I'm already in LOVE with it. For my first time using pressed powder, I am very impressed. I would defintely reccomend this and I would definitely repurchase it.

on 8/11/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for yearsss....
this literally lasts forever and doesnt ever go bad....
i have very dry skin and this has never made me break out.
im sure its not the best pressed powder in the world but for the price its pretty damn good!

on 8/9/2015 11:02:00 AM

This was my HG matte powder for a long time. It's usually recommended to people as a go to cheap powder for oily skin. I thought I liked this, but I realized there are a lot of downsides. First of all, the packaging is horrible. The lid cracks very easily and it's really fragile so you can't travel with it. Second of all, I think it was breaking me out. I think my acne cleared up a lot after discontinuing use of this product. Lastly, it looked unnatural on my skin. I used the translucent color and it looked very cakey on my skin, even when using a setting spray. I now use a Neutrogena one or Maybellline Fit Me Matte + Powerless powder. I would not repurchase, even though it is so cheap.

on 8/6/2015 11:27:00 AM

Another drugstore product that i love. I don't normally repeatedly buy drugstore products unless they really work for me. This product is one of those products. I've tried many pressed powders, and this one, hands down the best for me. It feels so soft going on my skin. I normally apply it on top of my liquid foundation with a kabuki brush and it does give it that flawless finish. It has a 6-8 hour lasting power for me, and I mean... This product could easily be put into your purse with a brush and reapplied anywhere if needed. The thing with pressed powders is, I hate how most of them rub of on clothing. I hate having stained collars due to pressed powder. This product i have no issues with. I normally use the shade transparent cause I don't need to worry about shade matching, however i've used some other shades and they are also great and don't rub off. For a cheap drug store product, it's rather impressive and when i run out, I always go get more. I probably have purchased this product 12 times...... Meaning, it really does work for me.

on 8/4/2015 8:47:00 PM

My HG powder, which was Maybelline Dream Matte was discontinued, so after extensive research I decided on this powder. It was under $4 at my local Walmart, and I really enjoy it. It keeps me matte, looks natural, feels lightweight on my skin, and it works beautifully. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

on 8/2/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am a make up artist. The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is by far the best pressed powder I used. Where as some powders of even more expense have become unusable due to the top layers solidifying overtime, the Rimmel powder remains the same wonderful quality after years. It truly blots all signs on oil and shine. Use liberally or with a light hand. As the final result is a true matte, blush can be applied on a more liberally. Great to use with contouring looks.

on 8/1/2015 3:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Rimmel Stay Matte is a great pressed powder for the price. You get a generous amount of product, too. I have NC 35 skin, and use the shade Translucent mainly to set concealer and foundation or to even out my skin tone. I use it every time I do my makeup. This particular shade does not leave any color or give me a washed out appearance like some powders do. I generally apply foundation to dark circles, and to my cheeks to hide any redness (I use Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation for combination/oily skin in Warm Golden), and a concealer (Estee Lauder Double Wear in Medium) on any red marks, or occasionally also on dark circles for more coverage. Then I lightly dust the Rimmel powder to set, as well as on my T-Zone for a very natural look-not at all cakey or overly powdery if applied in moderation. While I still get some oiliness later in the day, I find that my skin stays more matte for a bit longer than if I wear no powder. It's definitely my go-to powder that I'll continue using.

I love this powder! It makes my face less oily and provides some coverage too! Love it!

on 7/30/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Very decent powder for the price.

on 7/28/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Cheap and works well. I'd buy it again. Looks especially nice after I'm already shiny and use this to cover- that seems to give the best look. Goes on matte, but not too powdery or fake, and does not stay matte on my skin for any length of time. Which I like, but might not be the look you are going for.