January 29, 2015 | 1952 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by innerutopia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, hands down, the best makeup product I've ever purchased. I've had bad experiences with products that are really greasy and oily on my skin, but when I use this powder, the gross shine from the other products disappears. My skin doesn't get very oily naturally, but this powder really helps to control shine from humidity and other makeup products. I like to use this as a setting powder, and if I accidentally put on too much blush, I go over it with this powder and it helps to tone down the colour and make it look more natural. And it lasts such a long time; I bought this powder about a year ago and I still have at least half of it left. I've had no issues with the packaging either. I've never tried any other powders and I don't have to; I love this stuff and will gladly repurchase whenever I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite pressed powder. It's very light, doesn't cake or break me out, and lasts all day. It's also extremely cheap. I like the translucent shade. Works well with both puff and brush, though I prefer the latter (with this and in general). My only complaint about this product is the packaging, which isn't very travel or makeup bag friendly. A compact would be better. Still, it's far from a deal breaker, especially since I rarely touch up my face makeup during the day. All in all, a great product at a price that's hard to beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by darknessdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've used this before in the past and liked it well enough. But, now that I'm a little more...knowledged? in makeup, I'm kind of 'eh' but also kinda 'woo!'

I HATE the packaging. Yes, it's slim and minimalistic but I can't count the number of times in the past that I've broken the clear lid. Even just being in my makeup bag.

However, I LOVE that the colour matches me quite well. I just picked up Translucent 001 and it's a great, medium coverage, yellow based powder. However, it does look cakey if too much is applied. The colour selection for anyone who has a deep skin tone or something hard to match...well, you're better off looking else where I think. There are only 3 shades at my local rite aid, I think. Not sure if they carry more!

The price is great for the product if you know how to use it well. It's great for blotting, too, if you use an oil blotting paper first and apply powder second. It's also good for setting liquid foundation if you're so inclined.

I'll probably pick it up in the future as long as it stays the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by rubbersoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I've seen so many people raving about it on youtube. For me this is a really average powder. I think maybe because I was using MAC's Blot Powder before this and it was much better at making my skin truly matte and also it made my pores appear smaller. I was looking for a less expensive version of a matteifying powder and so I tried this. I don't care for the packaging because the lid can just essentially fall off and also I bought it in "translucent" but it still deposits color, which I would prefer it didn't. I'll be continuing my search after this is done and I will not repurchase but it will have to do for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonstickbella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

read reviews. Went for it. Coupon and sale. $2.00. First shade way too light. Sandstorm. Returned. Bought darkest could find 18 Creamy Beige. I am a NC30 in Mac. Italian/olive. Could use a shade darker but works very well. Blends easy, lasts 6 hours or so. Reapplying freshens up face mid-day. Prise is a steal. Have you tired and like Mac which may only be slightly better in my opinion and a heck of a lot more money! Will buy again. In the summer though it might be too late and I believe this is the darkest shade it comes in.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of the best shine control powders out there. Bar none. It does a solid job of keeping shine at bay for a good four hours on my oily skin (trust me, this is a miracle considering how oily my face gets). Unlike other shine control powders, this applies even, smooth and rather light. It does not cake or appear patchy as the day wears on. My only gripe is the packaging. It is bare bones simple with only a sponge and a plastic lid. There is no mirror which makes touch ups tricky at times. Also, the lid is kinda brittle and cumbersome to wield. Mine did not shatter but it did crack. Thankfully, the powder did not break. This powder is a Godsend. I cannot afford to run out of it. Seriously.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by piczohun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard so many people talking about this on YouTube so I tried it. First off, the packaging sucks. I can't keep it in my bag without the cover falling off and it smashed completely on the airplane. It only keeps me matte for about 3 hours. Do not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by LotsOfZebras

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I do like this product, but it doesn't keep me matte for long. I apply this powder with a very dense brush or sponge to get maximum lasting power, but I trust my foundation to keep me (somewhat) matte. If you are oily, I highly recommend using quite a chalky powder (but there are cons). The chalkiness of the powder will keep you matte for longer, but the chalkiness can make your face look like it has makeup and power on it.
Otherwise, this is a good powder and I probably will repurchase it just because it is my go-to powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by danibx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this powder in shade 001 Transparent to set my foundation.
Helps to reduce any shiny patches on my face, handy to dab some on through the day/night. Very long wearing, fantastic price and keeps my foundation looking great all day long! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by i29

i bought the transparent 001 shade after hearing mainly good reviews about it, i really do agree with them!
at 3.99 it is an absolute bargain, at is probably one of the cheapest powders on the market- its definitely worth the price
the smell is a bit funny, but is mild and i sort of like it, i think it might be the natural ingredients in it, it smells quite clean and fresh
also, it doesn't show up white or chalky on the skin and lasts a veryyy long time, i just apply it with a medium sized powder brush and i'm good to go!
my only issues with it are the fact that it doesn't last the full 5 hours that its supposed to id say an average of 3 hours if you have oily skin- i only use this product in summer when my skin tests to get a bit shiny and oilier. my other issue with it is the product is its packaging, if youre sort of careless-like me-then the plastic lid, although it is quite a good quality, hard plastic, it can crack when thrown into a bag or makeup bag.
overall, this product is very good and well worth the investment especially for the price and quality of it, and works well