Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 6/22/2015 1:49:00 PM

I have a oil t-zone and decided try this product out . it works wonders for a lot of people but not me. i actually think it cause more oil to my face. I wouldn't be buying this again

on 6/21/2015 10:40:00 AM

I found this to look cakey and the colour too dark or too light (no right shade for me). Packaging is rubbish and damages quickly.

There are much better powders on the market.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my "go to" setting powder. Its not cakey, messy or drying. it makes my skin look soft and healthy. I will never purchase a high end setting powder when I know this is so amazing.

However, the packaging sucks! It doesn't stay closed on its own which doesn't make it good for travel.

on 6/8/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This powder has great coverage, and I have used it for a long time now! It works ever bit as good as the expensive brands, and this one is affordable. It's light and comfortable, and lasts all day. This is the only product I use by Rimmel, but it really has great coverage. It spreads evenly, and lasts without looking "caked" on your face.

If you are desperate for something, then this will do.
If it were a person, it would be that someone who looks like a celebrity, but just an ugly version.
It is a more talcy sister of Macs Studio Fix with less coverage, but equally acnegenic.
I find my skin becomes noticeably worse in terms of clarity and evenness when using any Rimmel products so i really steer clear now after suffering for a few years while i thought it was clever to remain loyal to the brand. You'd be better off with Bourjois or even Seventeen.

on 5/27/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great drugstore pressed powder. I love this and so does my mom. The price you cant beat!
Keeps me matte longer than any other pressed powder. Looks natural, feels great. I only wish the package was different. It is impossible to put this in a purse and be careful in a makeup bag. The top may come off and create a mess. The top is also easy to crack. If I am going to put this in my bag I will place a hair tie around it to keep it closed.

Wear = Great
Price = Cant beat under $5
Package = It's only issue

Bought this one shade lighter than my skin tone for setting the center of my face or highlighting. Great powder that mattified as claimed.

on 5/23/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One minor issue I am going to get out the way first. The packaging sucks, it is very breakable and the lid comes off way to easily which has caused many problems. I have quite often been caught unaware as my powder has been smashed, along with the entire packaging, making it unusable. I love this powder when going for a very matte finish, because when this says matte it means matte, which makes it great for long days. I find this lasts a very long time on me, especially if you use the whole stay matte line. When using this product it is necessary to be weary of how much of the product you are using as it is very easy to use too much and look clumpy. The price is amazing.

on 5/22/2015 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This powder keeps my skin matte for much longer than most I've tried. But it doesn't keep my skin matte all day. My skin is combination, so it's not particularly oily and more dry on my cheeks. I have also found that this doesn't work well on my skin for touch ups on my nose, it just seems to cake rather than taking the shine down. Likewise, I find this to be far too heavy to use under my eyes and if I apply too much it highlights dryness on my cheeks. However, I've begun using this every day recently. Instead of setting my foundation with it, I simply apply my sunscreen and spot conceal then buff this over the top. With this method, it gives the most beautiful finish and is incredibly natural on the skin. I use a physical sunscreen, so I need something to mattify the shine in the centre of my face. This combination of products is my favourite in the morning when I only have five minutes. And I've begun reaching for this powder rather than my ysl touche eclat (which I adore). Despite my criticisms of this product, I do think it's a very good powder and since the price is very reasonable... give it a go if you're considering it!

on 5/21/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

HG HG HG. I get not everything works for everyone but more than half the girls I know who love foundation use this as a setting powder. I use it with Tarte Amazonian Clay Liquid a Foundation, a Lorac Natural Performance Foundation, Lorac POREfection Foundation and Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation and it works so well with ALL of them. It does keep u matte and, depending on what foundation and primer I've used, I can get more than the 5 hours it claims. I use it in shade 03 Natural. I don't know what I would do if this was discontinued.