Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 4/11/2015 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It's quite a good setting powder and doesn't give me a cakey look when I use it on top of my Naked Skin foundation! It does its job of keeping you matte for five hours, so don't expect more! I'm giving this a good rating because of that, but I would also not repurchase it given the chance, because of that too.

on 4/9/2015 5:04:00 PM

i love this powder it really stays matte I usually use mac studio and lancome matte after 3 or 4 hours my skin get oily . this is cheap and it works better then the ones Ive been using.

on 4/9/2015 12:19:00 PM

Really good, keeps me matt for the whole day and prevents my makeup from creasing

on 4/6/2015 6:37:00 AM

Pros:
- adds a little coverage if heavy-handed
- matte for probably 5-6 hours
- didn't break out
- price is very reasonable
- makes my face look flawless (definitely buff it in on top, it won't move the foundation)
- I have 2 back-ups LOL

Cons:
- cover is plastic, so I'm kinda scared it will break easily. but nbd tho.

Definitely a great product, will repurchase foreverrrrrrrr

on 4/3/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This has been my HG powder for years. I used to put on a lot of powder back when my skin was bad and super oily and it worked perfectly. Now I use it mostly under my foundation and on the forehead (where I still need more oil control), which makes my foundation stay all day.

+ makes your skin very smooth and not powdery, even if I put on a lot
+ doesn't stick to dry spots
+ controls oil
+ matte

- the packaging absolutely sucks. There are powders out there with a nice mirror, maybe even a puff, but this one is magnificent and has none of this. The plastic lid always (!) breaks, it's just really bad.

on 4/2/2015 5:28:00 PM

Have had this powder before and as most Rimmel products are, this is also very affordable. However I have branched onto other products since. The packaging is okay, nothing fancy and it has no mirror which might be a downside for many users.
However given the hype, I really don't know what the fuss is all about. It was like any other pressed powder and nothing special I thought. There isn't really anything else to say about this product. Anyways I like to experiment with my products and always on the look out for new and inexpensive alternatives so I do not intend to repurchase it any time soon. I have my go to products too and it so happens that this is not one of those.

on 3/31/2015 7:37:00 AM

So disappointed in this. I bought it without testing it first (there are never testers anywhere for this) because it had so many good reviews - what a mistake! I've been using it about a month and I'm ready to throw it out it's that yuck. I bought 001 transparent but it gives my face a white cast. Worse still, it makes me look cakey and totally ruins my beautiful Chanel foundation, settling into my pores, fine lines etc....which never happens when I use my Chanel on its own. Every time I've used it I've regretted it. Urgh. In to the makeup graveyard it goes 😒😒😒😒

on 3/16/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been purchasing this product for a few years now. The shade I use is Translucent mainly because I only use this for setting my foundation, and that it doesn't add any more color to the foundation that I already have on my face. I wouldn't say this keeps me matte all day. After a few hours I eventually have to touch up or blot.. but I really don't expect ANY matte pressed powder to keep me oil free all day, high-end or not. This product is extremely affordable and gets the job done.. have not found a product that works any better.

on 3/16/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is great! I just hit pan on my fifth one of these. It keeps me matte all day. It also has a tiny bit of coverage, but not enough to wear alone. This has a nice smell and is super affordable. I would totally recommend this cheap drugstore powder!

on 3/15/2015 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this pressed powder! I'm a bit on the oily side. My nose gets oily the quickest so whenever i use Stay Matte my skin just looks flawless. The powder keeps me shine-free and it doesn't irritate my skin. I use this with a powder puff and press the product on my T-zone. It keeps my face matte for hours! I only reapply around 2 times a day. I'll definitely buy again

Video Reviews & Tutorials