Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 8/4/2015 8:47:00 PM

My HG powder, which was Maybelline Dream Matte was discontinued, so after extensive research I decided on this powder. It was under $4 at my local Walmart, and I really enjoy it. It keeps me matte, looks natural, feels lightweight on my skin, and it works beautifully. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

on 8/2/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am a make up artist. The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is by far the best pressed powder I used. Where as some powders of even more expense have become unusable due to the top layers solidifying overtime, the Rimmel powder remains the same wonderful quality after years. It truly blots all signs on oil and shine. Use liberally or with a light hand. As the final result is a true matte, blush can be applied on a more liberally. Great to use with contouring looks.

on 8/1/2015 3:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Rimmel Stay Matte is a great pressed powder for the price. You get a generous amount of product, too. I have NC 35 skin, and use the shade Translucent mainly to set concealer and foundation or to even out my skin tone. I use it every time I do my makeup. This particular shade does not leave any color or give me a washed out appearance like some powders do. I generally apply foundation to dark circles, and to my cheeks to hide any redness (I use Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation for combination/oily skin in Warm Golden), and a concealer (Estee Lauder Double Wear in Medium) on any red marks, or occasionally also on dark circles for more coverage. Then I lightly dust the Rimmel powder to set, as well as on my T-Zone for a very natural look-not at all cakey or overly powdery if applied in moderation. While I still get some oiliness later in the day, I find that my skin stays more matte for a bit longer than if I wear no powder. It's definitely my go-to powder that I'll continue using.

I love this powder! It makes my face less oily and provides some coverage too! Love it!

on 7/30/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Very decent powder for the price.

on 7/28/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Cheap and works well. I'd buy it again. Looks especially nice after I'm already shiny and use this to cover- that seems to give the best look. Goes on matte, but not too powdery or fake, and does not stay matte on my skin for any length of time. Which I like, but might not be the look you are going for.

on 7/26/2015 1:23:00 AM

It's cheap, cheerful and does what it says. The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder has been around for absolutely ages, I remember seeing it back at Boots when I first got to the UK, and then seeing some schoolkids picking it up.

I didn't give it much thought then as it was cheap and I already have too many pressed powders in my stash. I then started seeing it around more and more many of my unimates had this in their makeup pouch, and this spurred me to pay a little less than 4 quid for this powder.

Boy is this good! It's pretty finely milled, and once lightly dusted all over the face, it gives a very matte finish, which is great for my extremely oily T-zone. I go over the other parts of my face with a very light hand, as this product is so good at absorbing sebum that it has a tendency to dry out my slightly drier cheeks.

I don't use pressed powder to hold my makeup in place. I use primers for that, so powder, to me, is just to set the foundation and hopefully, keep the oilies at bay for as long as I possibly can.

This is a wonderful product with a great price tag... So much that I am willing to overlook the slightly crap packaging. I have been using mine for over 4 years now and I have yet to hit pan. =)

on 7/25/2015 5:06:00 PM

This is a great product!! Does make your makeup stay all day and doesn't add any colour:)

Only thing is, do not apply this if your not wearing any makeup- it will just be all dusty, so put this on over makeup!

on 7/24/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a TON of powders but decided to pick this up when I forgot my makeup at home. I tried this years ago when I was younger but didn't remember how great it was. I always see people rave about this product but I honestly did not need anymore makeup so I paid no mind to it. I'm so glad I picked this up in transparent. There's something magical about this product especially when paired with the Covergirl ready Set Gorgeous foundation. Usually powders make me look extremely flat but this sets my foundation very nicely without adding an extra layer of cake. I can also pile this on without looking chalky. I love this powder

on 7/24/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this is Nude Beige; it seemed like it would be the right color & I made a sound educated guess. All of the colors excluding transparent looked like they could work for me. I read the ingredient list & it's very acnegenic/contains petroleum & oil. I'm sensitive to oil, I try to keep exposure to a minimum but i haven't been broken out. The packing well it isn't pretty but it's also not very portable w no applicator nor mirror so it stays on my vanity only to be applied w an elf flat top brush or an oversized velour puff. I prefer elf pressed powder...the Rimmel is more expensive initially but I think the compact is bigger also Rimmel is much easier for me to get my hands on than elf. Despite all the oil this keeps me matte & doesn't oxidize badly for 3-4 hours thank gawd for blot papers & some old pressed powder w sponge/mirror to keep in my bag for touch ups. It's inevitable w really oily skin that I'm gonna turn up shiny & eventually greasy as the day wears into night. I have to sleep in pressed powder due to my oil slick but thank gosh for oil control products! I don't need much of this powder or it looks too powdery. The price is ~$5. Good quality product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials