July 29, 2014 | 2157 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Living in Sweden, my hands get really dry during the Winter. It's a real pain, because sometimes it's so bad I can almost feel my skin cracking.

A lot of hand creams and lotions settle in to the skin almost immediately and I feel like I have to put on hand cream again. This is not the case with the L'Occitane one. I put it on every morning and I can feel my hands being moisturized at least half the day.

I especially like putting it on before going to sleep, because my hands are super soft when I wake up. Always have a tube of this on my night stand.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by MariaBraun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I am in the minority here but this cream did absolutely nothing for me. I wash my hands loads of times during the day as I have two small children so there is always some mess to clean. I had high hopes for this cream considering the good reviews, the high price and the fact that shea butter is one of the ingredients. Unfortunately it feels waxy and sort of sits on top of my skin. In fact after it finally dries my hands feel even drier than before applying it. The only thing I like about it is the baby powder smell. I will definitely not be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

This hand cream is amazing. Working in a hospital - I have to wash my hands a hundred times a day. I also have eczema so I need something to keep my hands soft without irritation.

I've used dozens of different types of hand cream but this one really stands out. It's thick and heavy and you just need a tiny bit. It spreads easily like butter, slightly greasy at first but sinks in pretty fast. I need to be able to slap on those annoying hospital gloves if necessary right after so I can't have a slick coating with hand cream - this is just perfect. Also, I've noticed this is the only cream that seems to "last" through washing. Meaning that if I wash my hands an hour after applying cream I don't need to re-apply. I've started using this on dry patches on my legs or arms because it worked so well on my hands.

The only cons? The fragrance. I'm not a big fan of the smell, it's not awful, smells slightly of lavender to me, and thankfully it's not strong but again, for work, the hospital bans any fragranced products so luckily this doesn't garner any complaints. The other issue is the tube - I'm on a new just opened tube now, but my last older tube cracked at the top and would leak some cream, plus the label fell off and left a sticky gunk on the tube that never went away. So it's not the most purse-friendly item, but then again I do buy this in the larger tube size and maybe the small one would be just fine. Overall -those are just minor complaints, this hand cream is the best I've tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by vickyplum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best hand cream bar none - and I've used them all. Last thing at night before I go to bed and that's me done for the day. Smell gorgeous, sinks right in and makes your hands as soft as a baby's ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I had small tube of this 4 years ago. Next time I bought it I chose the perfumed version (less she butter, more liquid, not good). Now I got the original back.

The tube is practical, I like the simplicity of it and it remains me of the painting tubes (love these).
The consistency is on thicker side, its not oily though.
It sinks in fast, it doesn't leave sticky film but silky smooth one.
The scent is pleasant.

I recommend, I haven't found better one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best hand cream I've ever used. It's kind of expensive but it lasts for such a long time because it's so moisturizing you won't need a lot. Great for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really moisturizing hand cream

The only con is that the smell is the scent is too strong. It is very rich and warming it up in your hands helps it absorb better. It comes in a large metal tube so it will last forever. It's a good hand cream for really dry hands

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yeah, it's nice, but it's not hardcore enough. If you want a good, deeply conditioning hand cream, it's Neutrogena all the way. That's the hand cream that eradicates dry, scaly hands. Shea butter does smell nice but this isn't moisturising enough for me. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift and I LOVE this. I'm not quite sure what the scent is, but it's totally pleasant. The lotion it's self is very smooth, easily absorbed, and moisturizing. I would definitely repurchase, even with the steep price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. I got a free sample of it at the mall and I have to say; I not that impressed. Moisturization? Great. It is amazing and really moisturizers my hand really well. However, my hand cream from bath and works has 2 fl. oz. and does just the same job for five bucks. Plus, it smells so much better than that sickly sweet baby powder scent. I don't know if its just me, but I hate the scent of the hand creme. Overall, I think it's a great product but I will not be purchasing.