Dr. Hauschka Translucent Make-up

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria, Daucus Carota, M Gratissima, Buxus Chinensis, Glycerin, Althaea Officinalis, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana, Prunus Armeniaca, Butyrospermum Parkii, Rosa Gallica, Cera Flava, Parfum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Coumarin*, Citral*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Eugenol*, Bentonite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, CI 77007. * from natural essential oils

on 2/22/2012 11:51:00 PM

I am shocked that this isn't more highly rated. It is "Holy Grail" for me, I will never use anything else. I recently overhauled my entire routine, only using natural products. I am 23 and have pale olive skin, with freckles and uneven tone, marred by the occasional blemish. I bought shade 01 and it melts into my face flawlessly, brightening and smoothing but NEVER looking cakey or makeup-y, or changing into alarming colors under different lighting. It is has a finish that is neither too dewy nor too matte--perfectly polished, and if I run my fingers across my face, I am always amazed at how unbelievably smooth my skin feels. I would not call translucent makeup a foundation in the traditional sense. It seems to help my skin's health, heal breakouts, and protect from the elements. The $40 was well spent, after years of trying different options with less than satisfactory results (Boots lifting & firming, Laura Mercier, Kevyn Aucoin)...
I am an active girl, not fussy, but it has always been my dream to have consistently flawless skin from morning to night, without looking "made up" all the time. This product gives me hope that perfection may be attainable. Highest recommendation.

on 1/21/2012 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It's one of the best that I've used. It's very light, but is effective at evening out my skin tone. The shades are maybe a little yellow, but it still works well with my skin color. I'm very pale, and I love that they make a shade light enough for me. It doesn't break my face out:) Also, this is a side perk: it has a really lovely scent.

on 10/14/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tend to think of this more as a tinted moisturizer because of how sheer it is. I use it on top of my day cream which is fairly thick and it gives a very healthy natural looking sheen. You cannot tell you are wearing makeup with this, instead it looks like you are well rested and have healthy skin. I use this for days I don't have to wear much makeup but still want to look nice for myself.

It has a rather strong smell like all the other Dr Hauschka products I have used, I always find them a bit strange at first, they seem almost off putting and then they just grow on me. The ingredient list for this is surprisingly short for a product so effective and comfortable to use. It melts easily on the skin and feels comfortable, I find the pigments are nice and fine so there isn't any settling in fine lines or anything. It doesn't seem very expensive to me, I've already repurchased it a couple times. Overall a great product.

on 10/6/2011 12:33:00 PM

I wish my t-zone wasn't so oily. This is too moisturising for me since I basically only apply foundation on my nose and around my eyes.
It gives a sheer, very natural coverage. Does not irritate skin.
I use this during the harshest winter months since it's the only time of the year that I'm not shiny on t-zone.

Pros
Looks natural.
Organic <3 Biodynamically grown ingredients <3

Cons
Not many shades to choose from.
Packaging lacks a pump.
Not for oily skin.

on 9/1/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this for a little over a month now, and I really, really love it. I've been on this "find the perfect foundation" kick for about 6 month now and I have tried EVERYTHING. Usually I try to stick with natural/organic things if possible, but my foundation hunt has led me to Chanel, Lancome, my old standby Clinique, MAC, you name it.
I avoided trying this one for a long time because I haven't had the best luck with Dr. H. overall, but I finally caved in and bought this in shade 02, which turned out to be a PERFECT match for my slightly cool toned, fairly light skin. I like the tube, its easy to use and will be easy to travel with as well. The makeup goes on easily and doesn't just sit on top of my skin like I felt some other foundations have (Chanel!!). A little bit covers my whole face. It IS called Translucent Makeup for a reason - don't buy this expecting a ton of coverage! For me, the coverage is perfect, just a little bit more than a tinted moisturizer. Even everything out and looks natural, not too matte but not so "dewy" it looks greasy. It has that Dr. H. sort of cinnamon smell, but that fades quickly and I actually find it pleasant. It seemed expensive when I bought it, but really, I've paid a LOT more for foundations that I ended up hating. For the quality of the ingredients, amount I use, and how much I love this stuff, I now have no problem with the price.
I think I finally found the perfect foundation for me!

on 8/5/2011 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice light foundation suitable for hot weather. I like the way it makes my skin feel. I used Dr. Hauschka Rose Cream under it and that helped blend it without looking too oily. I have a hard time matching my skin tone due to its light olive undertones. The color I used matched well enough and provided realistic coverage. My skin is fairly sensitive and this did not cause breakouts.

on 7/7/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First up I have only tried this in a store, so please look at yourself as I have not properly tried and tested this Make-up.

Having read great reviews, actively searching for a super pale tinted moistureiser of light foundation I took a 3 hour round trip to look at with the intention of buying this product. "00" Is light and if you are super pale then please do consider it. The problem I found was that when I tested on my cheek it just sat there and I couldnot blend in at all; I simply moved the product around on my face. It was really really wierd. Thinking this odd I tried one of the other colours - not for a colour match but for the product; same issue. I then tested 00 on my hand and had the same issue; it did not blend in at all, simply sat on top of my skin. Really really strange!
I hope it works for you.

on 6/15/2011 12:15:00 AM

I have this in 00 since I am super pale. I like it because it is not too heavy, not too light...just right for smoothing my skin. If you have blemishes or dark circles, you definitely need a concealer. Overall, I like this because it feels like I'm wearing nothing. I don't wear makeup every day, so I hate the feeling that some foundations leave on my skin.

on 6/5/2011 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nasty stuff and I love Dr. Hauschka, but this is horrible, watery junk that gives little to no coverage and is extremely drying. Second ingredient is alcohol and left my skin tight, dry, itchy and parched. Yuck! Hard to believe such a horrible product from such a terrific skin care line. I'll stick to my Lancome foundation but put it on top of Dr. Hauschka face creams. Using this combo, my face has never looked better.

on 5/27/2011 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have recently started using Dr Hauschka skin care products and really love them. So it seems silly to have an all natural skin care routine and then plaster the face with paraben and silicone laced foundation. Naturally I decided to try out the Dr Hauschka Translucent Make-up and I had such high hopes for this. Unfortunately it did not work for me at all. I have combination skin. Oily T-zone with large pores on and around my nose and dry everywhere else with fine lines. The foundation is very different to what I was used to, a lot thicker and doesn't go on as easily. I ended up mixing it in with some of my moisteriser, which worked much better. At first all is well. However after a little while it settles in the fine lines around my eyes and mouth and also settles in the pores, making them look much larger! I tried using less then using more, I blended really well. But to no avail. This product just does not work if you have fine lines and large pores. Until I can find a better natural foundation, it's back to the paraben laced products for me!

I wanted to give this two lippies but am giving it a third because it is actually a wonderful natural product containing no harrmful substances and it smell lovely. Probably more suitable for younger skin.