E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 6/6/2013 6:32:00 PM

I love this stuff! For the price it's more than worth it. As long as you blend it well it looks great and surprisingly lasts a long time. I use it on my eyelids too when I'm just wearing mascara to brighten my eyes!

on 3/14/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised by the low rating for this product. I was looking for a highlighter and heard this was a dupe for High Beam (in fact it's a totally different color and consistency). I went to Target to check it out and I almost didn't go for it. It looked SO frosty/pink and I wasn't sure how to use it, but for $1? Worth a shot. And now I LOVE it! I dot it along my cheekbone and blend it across and then down onto the apple of my cheek. I also use it on the inner corner of my eyes and sometimes the bridge of my nose. It may look scary, but it blends so easily to provide a subtle glow. I can wear it under my foundation or on top, blend with my fingers or with a brush. I actually find it easier to work with then High Beam because it's not as runny. My signature beauty look is glowing, luminous skin, so blush, bronzer, and highlighter are all musts for me. This works and is super cheap, so I don't think I'll look for another highlighter anytime soon.

I have pale porcelain skin, and can wear both NC and NW 15 in MAC.

on 1/23/2013 5:04:00 PM

If you're looking for a frosty-ish, buildable, beautiful pink highlighter/lid primer on the cheap, look no further! This product is fab and affordable, and looks beautiful on, if applied with a light hand. Definitely worth trying! May not look great on deeper skin tones.

on 1/15/2013 2:15:00 PM

I have this in Lilac Petal and I'm very pleased with it. The consistency is nice and creamy, a bit thick, but it's blendable if you apply only little amounts. The shimmer is intense and requires a very small quantity to achieve the desired effect, and the colour blends well into the cheeks. I use it on the highest point of my cheekbones, as a highlighter.

It comes in a tiiiiny package, which initially made me wonder how long is it going to last, but seeing as you only need very little of it for each usage, I'd say it's very economical. All in all, I'd like to look into more "natural" highlighters, with fewer chemicals in the ingredient list, but this is a great product if you're on a budget.

on 12/13/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm using the "citrus" color which is a mauvey champagne right now as a highlighter. It gives a natural glow instead of turning my face into a glitter bomb and just a pearl size drop is enough for each cheek. I will try the other colors as you can't beat the price of this product. Recommended if you want to add a highlighter to your makeup routine without spending tons.

on 8/11/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this as a highlighter. A little on my cheek bones and it gives me a healthy glow that lasts all day. Very easy to blend! Would definitely buy again, and for 1$ it's a steal!

on 7/18/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My first shimmering facial was weird. The product was always separated from the water and was extremely difficult to blend. I believe the color was the older Target version of 'lilac petal.' The color was SO wrong, but they replaced it in my stores with the real shade, which is a lovely pinky-lilac color. The formula is much better, it's not separated at all. It's still difficult to blend. I recommend swirling it on the back of your hand and patting some with your finger onto the place your want to highlight. It sets quickly. The shine is INTENSE and I LOVE it. It is NOT for everyone, especially mature skin I think. The formula could be better, but it's a dollar so I really don't mind too much at all. I love the effect so I would recommend to some people and I will repurchase again sometime.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This "shimmering facial whip" has a metallic shimmer quality to it, so when applied on the highlight points of the face or body, it creates the effect of studio lights' shine. I would definently recommend this for special events and when photos/videos will be taken, but not for a natural everyday-type of look. Here are the downsides: This is a metallic shine product so if not blended well, where shimmer is applied will show an edge. Not good to look like you taped a piece of shine on. Secondly, I found that the facial whip I bought (not ordered online) liquified. It's good for a more sutle shimmer, but very messy as it squirts unexpectedly. So all in all, I prefer powdered highlighters because they can be used light-handed and is more buildable whereas this liquid shimmer goes where you want it, but has harsher light reflection. I can picture this being used in a outdoor action film in low light.

on 6/17/2012 2:07:00 AM

I happened to be in a Target far from home (the local one doesn't carry elf), when I saw this product. I've always been curious about Benefits Highbeam. I'm just not too keen on spending a lot of money I haven't tried first. I digress. When I saw this was only one dollar I picked it up.

I love this product. The pink tint looks nice on my skin. It's sparkling, but without stripper sparkles. I used to use Dior's Skinflash on my dark circles, then put mineral concealer over that. I find this works so much better. The concealer covers the sparkle but still reflects the light from the mouse. I believe because the whip is slightly pink it corrects some (not all) darkness.

I apply with fingertips then blend it with a brush. I also use it on the top of my cheekbones and down the center of my nose.

I will probably still buy the Highbeam, but I'll still purchase this because it travels better.

on 6/12/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I have seen a few YouTube Gurus use the Benefit liquid highlighter, and I really did like the effect it gave them. I decided to try the ELF one first, to see if its something I would be comfortable using day to day. I have this in the lilac shade, its really nice. It gives just enough shimmer, without looking like you have streaks of glitter all over your face. It definitely performs well for only being a dollar. The only thing I dont like is this product is really, really hard to blend. I will probably use all of it up, but wont repurchase, I did take the plunge and got the Benefit highlighter.