E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 11/14/2013 7:50:00 PM

Sorry, but I just can't understand why people like this product :S I own the golden one, and the first time I tried it on my face, I was horrified. However, it looked pretty on the back of my hand...And I do own a lot of highlighters and appreciate every one of them Plus, I am a person who learn to appreciate products and adapts to them...but for this one...Ugh :(

Pros:
-It costs 1$ :)
-The packaging is cute
-It smells good, like sweet orange.

Cons:
-Omg the shimmers... When its blended out, it looks soooo unnatural! There are chunks of gold glitter...However, it looks very pretty when you put a dot on the back on the hand. But the shimmers appear later, when blending.
-It is very hard to blend. It sticks to the skin too much.
-When I squeeze the tube, water comes out...
-On the cupids bow, it feels really uncomfortable. Like if you put glue on it...

In conclusion, it just does not look appealing on the face.But I only one one of them, maybe the others work better?
Idk, but for me, I wont repurchase nor try other shimmering facial whips anymore...I am scared because of this one already xD

Go for the Shimmer Palette or All Over Colersticks! :)

on 11/12/2013 1:57:00 PM

Awesome cream highlighter for a great price, can't beat it! I prefer using this in the summer time when I plan on being around water. I wear it on bare skin to add a nice glow on my cheeks, and it hold up nicely through swimming!

on 8/12/2013 11:39:00 PM

I love this product! Especially for $1! It does it's job by highlighting. However, I'm not a fan of the packaging. I think if they made this in the studio line and made it in a bottle that you pump out and gave you a little more, I would definitely be more than satisfied. But you know, you get what you pay for! This product is great though, despite the packaging. Hey, $1? How can you go wrong?!

on 6/6/2013 6:32:00 PM

I love this stuff! For the price it's more than worth it. As long as you blend it well it looks great and surprisingly lasts a long time. I use it on my eyelids too when I'm just wearing mascara to brighten my eyes!

on 3/14/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised by the low rating for this product. I was looking for a highlighter and heard this was a dupe for High Beam (in fact it's a totally different color and consistency). I went to Target to check it out and I almost didn't go for it. It looked SO frosty/pink and I wasn't sure how to use it, but for $1? Worth a shot. And now I LOVE it! I dot it along my cheekbone and blend it across and then down onto the apple of my cheek. I also use it on the inner corner of my eyes and sometimes the bridge of my nose. It may look scary, but it blends so easily to provide a subtle glow. I can wear it under my foundation or on top, blend with my fingers or with a brush. I actually find it easier to work with then High Beam because it's not as runny. My signature beauty look is glowing, luminous skin, so blush, bronzer, and highlighter are all musts for me. This works and is super cheap, so I don't think I'll look for another highlighter anytime soon.

I have pale porcelain skin, and can wear both NC and NW 15 in MAC.

on 1/23/2013 5:04:00 PM

If you're looking for a frosty-ish, buildable, beautiful pink highlighter/lid primer on the cheap, look no further! This product is fab and affordable, and looks beautiful on, if applied with a light hand. Definitely worth trying! May not look great on deeper skin tones.

on 1/15/2013 2:15:00 PM

I have this in Lilac Petal and I'm very pleased with it. The consistency is nice and creamy, a bit thick, but it's blendable if you apply only little amounts. The shimmer is intense and requires a very small quantity to achieve the desired effect, and the colour blends well into the cheeks. I use it on the highest point of my cheekbones, as a highlighter.

It comes in a tiiiiny package, which initially made me wonder how long is it going to last, but seeing as you only need very little of it for each usage, I'd say it's very economical. All in all, I'd like to look into more "natural" highlighters, with fewer chemicals in the ingredient list, but this is a great product if you're on a budget.

on 12/13/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm using the "citrus" color which is a mauvey champagne right now as a highlighter. It gives a natural glow instead of turning my face into a glitter bomb and just a pearl size drop is enough for each cheek. I will try the other colors as you can't beat the price of this product. Recommended if you want to add a highlighter to your makeup routine without spending tons.

on 8/11/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this as a highlighter. A little on my cheek bones and it gives me a healthy glow that lasts all day. Very easy to blend! Would definitely buy again, and for 1$ it's a steal!

on 7/18/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My first shimmering facial was weird. The product was always separated from the water and was extremely difficult to blend. I believe the color was the older Target version of 'lilac petal.' The color was SO wrong, but they replaced it in my stores with the real shade, which is a lovely pinky-lilac color. The formula is much better, it's not separated at all. It's still difficult to blend. I recommend swirling it on the back of your hand and patting some with your finger onto the place your want to highlight. It sets quickly. The shine is INTENSE and I LOVE it. It is NOT for everyone, especially mature skin I think. The formula could be better, but it's a dollar so I really don't mind too much at all. I love the effect so I would recommend to some people and I will repurchase again sometime.