April 20, 2014 | 1009 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I have seen a few YouTube Gurus use the Benefit liquid highlighter, and I really did like the effect it gave them. I decided to try the ELF one first, to see if its something I would be comfortable using day to day. I have this in the lilac shade, its really nice. It gives just enough shimmer, without looking like you have streaks of glitter all over your face. It definitely performs well for only being a dollar. The only thing I dont like is this product is really, really hard to blend. I will probably use all of it up, but wont repurchase, I did take the plunge and got the Benefit highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by applecour

Looks good on the apples of cheeks, bridge of nose and lips. I only wish it was a little more bendable and a little more pigmented. It's worth the $1 though definitely. Looks nice enough for a regular everyday look, but could give a little pizazz if applied a little heavier and to the chest/collar bone area.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Sleekel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this today for the first time and I really like it. I used it as a cheek highlighter and really did the job beautifully. Also lasted all day!
I did notice that if you don't shake it before use you can get a bit of water at the start but that doesnt take away from how nice this product is.
I have it in Pink Lemonade

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

I was surprised to see that this product didn't get better reviews! I like it a lot. I use it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. It does smell a little weird, but the smell fades.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by yukiruri

When I first tried it, I thought it was okay. I mean it is quality for its price, especially when e.l.f. goes on sale all the time. However I stored it in one of my backup makeup pouches and didn't use it for about 4 months. I tried it again the other day when I grabbed the wrong makeup pouch and was in need of a blush/tint. Anyway, it was the worst! the formula essentially disintegrated into water and thickened shimmery product; and it was the water that keeps on squirting out due to the difference in pressure system. As if that wasn't enough, the liquid came out smelling very acidic and ROTTEN. I had to wash my face and hands with cleansers to get rid of the stench. Would definitely not buy again...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by milcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have to admit that this product gives a nice subtle highlight (I have this in Lilac Petal) and very inexpensive. But I hate this product and not gonna repurchase because of one thing: it is too runy and watery! Well...to me it's just water with shimmer.
What I hate about that is:
1. Even if the packaging is small enough, I can't really go travel with this product because it will go burst the product out (since it's water...you can't put water in a tube and travel with it without having few drops bursting through the cap) and ruin my entire make up pouch.
2. I have to be really careful not to drop some product everytime I apply it...mostly ended up with the product leaving sparkly spots to my clothes. Ewww.
3. I like to mix my foundation/tinted moisturizer with some shimmer to make my face a bit more glowy, but it's almost impossible to do with this product. Because everytime I put few drops on the back on my hand (along with the foundation) this shimmer will just run down through my hand and then drop down to the floor. Just like water!
So yeah, basically I love everything about this product except the watery texture. Impossible to work with and/or travel. Maybe I'll try the ELF All Over Color Stick or ELF Shimmer Palette. I assume they're not as watery as the Facial Whip.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I picked this up in Golden Peach because I've been looking for a good peachy-gold highlighter for my cheekbones. I've been dying to try Benefit Sun Beam, but it's pretty pricey, so I decided to see if this would give me a warm, golden glow.
At first, I hated this. I applied it the same way I apply all my liquid highlighters -- getting a tiny amount on my finger, making 3 dots along my cheekbones, and blending out. Using this this way looked horrendous. I was left with a harsh line of thick, golden glitter across my cheekbones because it doesn't fully blend out, it just kind of sticks. I tried applying with a sponge and a brush, and it still didn't work.
Finally, I tried mixing a tiny dot of this with a tiny bit of facial moisturizer and blending it out this way. It works sooo much better. This tones down the chunky glitter and creates a dewy, peachy-gold highlight that looks great all day. I don't find this too frosty or gritty (as long as you mix it with a moisturizer), so I think this would look good on women of all ages.
Definitely check out Golden Peach if you've been looking for a light golden highlighter! The price definitely can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by LisaNicole519

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have these in permisson and golden peach. They are really nice! you can use them lipgloss's eyeshadow bases or even as cheek colors which is what i use them for! They pigmentation is AMAZING and the colors are just beautiful! They come out very creamy and for the small bottle you get you get alot of products! i would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by rlmazzo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Weird. Maybe I am using it wrong, but I can't imagine what look you'd be going for with this. If you're going for an ice-queen or fashion/artsy look, this would probably be worth the $1, but for normal people looks, this would look ridiculous.
Pros/cons, I'll let you decide: thick, seems to have good coverage and staying power as I could not get it off my hand, super frost look, non-fragranced, spreads ok, but does not have a gradual blend, convenient tube package.
If you are going for a NATURAL glow highlight (especially if you're over 30, like ME :) ) put this back on the shelf. If you just like to play with makeup, or you can pull off a frost look, then by all means, it's only a dollar.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT**
I saw a youtube video about this stuff, and apparently there is one colour (the one I tried) that is just awful and watery, then there is another colour that is really pretty and has a good consistency. I think I will try looking for this other colour and find out if it really is nice. It's only a dollar so I won't be waisting my money if I'm wrong. I am a little disappointed that ELF would even keep this watery product out for sale. If they have one product that works great, and one that is terrible, why wouldn't they either fix the bad one or just stop selling it??
Here's my original review:

I honestly don't understand how this product has any good reviews. I'm a huge fan of ELF. I only have a few products from them, but I like them all so much. My sister bought this and we were both extremely disappointed. It's like shimmery water, and that's not even an exaggeration. I would probably get better results if I dumped a bit of loose shimmery powder in some water and spread it on my face. I will keep buying elf products, but this one will be going in the garbage.