October 30, 2014 | 1662 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by stormm

I'm using the "citrus" color which is a mauvey champagne right now as a highlighter. It gives a natural glow instead of turning my face into a glitter bomb and just a pearl size drop is enough for each cheek. I will try the other colors as you can't beat the price of this product. Recommended if you want to add a highlighter to your makeup routine without spending tons.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by MonMon44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as a highlighter. A little on my cheek bones and it gives me a healthy glow that lasts all day. Very easy to blend! Would definitely buy again, and for 1$ it's a steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by InTone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first shimmering facial was weird. The product was always separated from the water and was extremely difficult to blend. I believe the color was the older Target version of 'lilac petal.' The color was SO wrong, but they replaced it in my stores with the real shade, which is a lovely pinky-lilac color. The formula is much better, it's not separated at all. It's still difficult to blend. I recommend swirling it on the back of your hand and patting some with your finger onto the place your want to highlight. It sets quickly. The shine is INTENSE and I LOVE it. It is NOT for everyone, especially mature skin I think. The formula could be better, but it's a dollar so I really don't mind too much at all. I love the effect so I would recommend to some people and I will repurchase again sometime.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by joycethemakeupartist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This "shimmering facial whip" has a metallic shimmer quality to it, so when applied on the highlight points of the face or body, it creates the effect of studio lights' shine. I would definently recommend this for special events and when photos/videos will be taken, but not for a natural everyday-type of look. Here are the downsides: This is a metallic shine product so if not blended well, where shimmer is applied will show an edge. Not good to look like you taped a piece of shine on. Secondly, I found that the facial whip I bought (not ordered online) liquified. It's good for a more sutle shimmer, but very messy as it squirts unexpectedly. So all in all, I prefer powdered highlighters because they can be used light-handed and is more buildable whereas this liquid shimmer goes where you want it, but has harsher light reflection. I can picture this being used in a outdoor action film in low light.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Kali89

I happened to be in a Target far from home (the local one doesn't carry elf), when I saw this product. I've always been curious about Benefits Highbeam. I'm just not too keen on spending a lot of money I haven't tried first. I digress. When I saw this was only one dollar I picked it up.

I love this product. The pink tint looks nice on my skin. It's sparkling, but without stripper sparkles. I used to use Dior's Skinflash on my dark circles, then put mineral concealer over that. I find this works so much better. The concealer covers the sparkle but still reflects the light from the mouse. I believe because the whip is slightly pink it corrects some (not all) darkness.

I apply with fingertips then blend it with a brush. I also use it on the top of my cheekbones and down the center of my nose.

I will probably still buy the Highbeam, but I'll still purchase this because it travels better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I have seen a few YouTube Gurus use the Benefit liquid highlighter, and I really did like the effect it gave them. I decided to try the ELF one first, to see if its something I would be comfortable using day to day. I have this in the lilac shade, its really nice. It gives just enough shimmer, without looking like you have streaks of glitter all over your face. It definitely performs well for only being a dollar. The only thing I dont like is this product is really, really hard to blend. I will probably use all of it up, but wont repurchase, I did take the plunge and got the Benefit highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by applecour

Looks good on the apples of cheeks, bridge of nose and lips. I only wish it was a little more bendable and a little more pigmented. It's worth the $1 though definitely. Looks nice enough for a regular everyday look, but could give a little pizazz if applied a little heavier and to the chest/collar bone area.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Sleekel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this today for the first time and I really like it. I used it as a cheek highlighter and really did the job beautifully. Also lasted all day!
I did notice that if you don't shake it before use you can get a bit of water at the start but that doesnt take away from how nice this product is.
I have it in Pink Lemonade

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

I was surprised to see that this product didn't get better reviews! I like it a lot. I use it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. It does smell a little weird, but the smell fades.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by yukiruri

When I first tried it, I thought it was okay. I mean it is quality for its price, especially when e.l.f. goes on sale all the time. However I stored it in one of my backup makeup pouches and didn't use it for about 4 months. I tried it again the other day when I grabbed the wrong makeup pouch and was in need of a blush/tint. Anyway, it was the worst! the formula essentially disintegrated into water and thickened shimmery product; and it was the water that keeps on squirting out due to the difference in pressure system. As if that wasn't enough, the liquid came out smelling very acidic and ROTTEN. I had to wash my face and hands with cleansers to get rid of the stench. Would definitely not buy again...