The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), glycerin, pentylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, butylene glycol, elaesis guineensis (palm oil), glyceryl stearate citrate, isononyl isononanoate, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, sesamum indicum (sesame oil), squalane, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), aqua, panthenol (vit. B5), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, xanthan gum, bisabolol, avena sativa (oat plant).

on 4/24/2012 2:08:00 PM

This night cream is allright. It's rich and seemed to cool off my skin. I liked it, but don't expect any wonders. Other night creams does the job better!

on 4/11/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have sensitive, oily skin that is prone to breakouts. I was wary about this moisturizer's buttery richness and thought that it would definitely break me out (as some other Body Shop products do), but I decided to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised. It has even helped to tone down the redness in my cheeks that I've had since I was a teenager. It's nicely hydrating, and leaves my skin soft in the morning. It's not a miracle moisturizer, but it does its job.

on 4/3/2012 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been using this night cream for over a year now and would never buy anything else except this.
I have combination skin which in winters gets a teeny bit dry. In winters I use my Trilogy rosehip oil first let it sink and then put this night cream. And in summers I just cleanse and tone my face and then put this cream.
I have always woken up with glowing skin. I love this night cream and will always repurchase it.

on 5/28/2011 11:27:00 AM

I have combination skin with teenage spots and feared this aloe vera soothing rich night cream would be too much for my skin especially now when summer is approaching. I admit I was totally wrong. The SA gave me two samples, the aloe vera day and night cream, and both are very pleasant.

Normally if I wear a moisturizer my t-zone gets shiny within 3 hrs and honestly the night/day cream are no miracle workers when it comes to keeping shine at bay. But then, they don't claim to be oil controlling so I won't complain. They don't make me more oily than normal which is good. In comparison with the Weleda soothing almond day cream and the body shop's vitamin e night cream (wouldn't penetrate at all) the aloe vera creams actually penetrate my skin leaving me with soft and moistened skin without that annoying slippery residue.

The night cream feels comfortable on my skin and is really good at moisturising but I dont think it calms the redness I am experiencing on my cheeks (use the Weleda day cream/lotion if redness is troubling you) Unless you are very oily/very dry I recommend this to everybody out there. Always ask for samples!!

A month has gone by and I still like it. However I will not repurchase because I find serums are a lot more efficient when it comes to hydrating the skin :)

on 5/7/2011 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Firstly, this product is fragrance and preservatives-free.

Secondary, aloe vera has good benefits for skin.

And I give it a try as I don't have any night cream and start to feel like I need it ASAP.
It leaves my skin a little greasy at first, but slowly it sinked down into my skin so I feel good! Anyway, I have combination skin and some acnes visit my face, but this Aloe product works nice. Redness in acne area dissapear and the skin's happy now.

Pros:
-No discerning scent for those sensitive to harsh chemical scents
-Seemingly gentle enough

Cons:
-Leaves a slightly greasy feel on face after the initial moisture sets in
-Redness is not alleviated
-Clogged a few pores on cheeks

All in all: will not buy again--gonna return it actually (I tried this for a week)

on 3/30/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was the wrong moisturizer for me. I break out easily, and too often, using this gives me pimples the next morning. :( I'll have to stick with Cetaphil until I settle on something that doesn't make me break out.

on 12/29/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

PROS: moisturizes, dries fast, not too thick and not too thin, not oily, skin feels comfortable
CONS: does not reduce redness
OVERALL: normal/average moisturizer, for normal skin, not oily or dry skin, does not reduce redness in anyway >.<

on 12/19/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My almost-HG cream. I haven't found another cream suitable. I hate scented moisturizers; they can be so over-powering. This has a great consistency. Not too oily (I also loved Lancome's Nutrix Royal, but much too oily!), not too thin. My skin feels fine after, not too moisturized but comfortable. This costs 20CAD but I've never bought it full-priced. TBS has a lot of 50% off sales/promos, so I always stock up during. I'm still out for my perfect night cream but with my scent-aversion, it'll be a long journey. Also, I find jars and tubs to be less hygienic but creams rarely come in tubes.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample of this and excited to try it out because i finally got my skin to clear up and thought this would get rid of my faint redness. it moisturized my skin and faded my red spots. a couple days later i broke out, BAD! i don't know if they're little zits or little hives. either way they're all over my face and popped out AT THE SAME! my face is ruined and this the only new change to my skin care routine. not purchasing full size for sure! and this has safe ingredients and supposedly good for sesitive skin. i am furious!