November 21, 2014 | 1824 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Aloe Soothing Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by damsel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this night cream for over a year now and would never buy anything else except this.
I have combination skin which in winters gets a teeny bit dry. In winters I use my Trilogy rosehip oil first let it sink and then put this night cream. And in summers I just cleanse and tone my face and then put this cream.
I have always woken up with glowing skin. I love this night cream and will always repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin with teenage spots and feared this aloe vera soothing rich night cream would be too much for my skin especially now when summer is approaching. I admit I was totally wrong. The SA gave me two samples, the aloe vera day and night cream, and both are very pleasant.

Normally if I wear a moisturizer my t-zone gets shiny within 3 hrs and honestly the night/day cream are no miracle workers when it comes to keeping shine at bay. But then, they don't claim to be oil controlling so I won't complain. They don't make me more oily than normal which is good. In comparison with the Weleda soothing almond day cream and the body shop's vitamin e night cream (wouldn't penetrate at all) the aloe vera creams actually penetrate my skin leaving me with soft and moistened skin without that annoying slippery residue.

The night cream feels comfortable on my skin and is really good at moisturising but I dont think it calms the redness I am experiencing on my cheeks (use the Weleda day cream/lotion if redness is troubling you) Unless you are very oily/very dry I recommend this to everybody out there. Always ask for samples!!

A month has gone by and I still like it. However I will not repurchase because I find serums are a lot more efficient when it comes to hydrating the skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by jeckapah

Firstly, this product is fragrance and preservatives-free.

Secondary, aloe vera has good benefits for skin.

And I give it a try as I don't have any night cream and start to feel like I need it ASAP.
It leaves my skin a little greasy at first, but slowly it sinked down into my skin so I feel good! Anyway, I have combination skin and some acnes visit my face, but this Aloe product works nice. Redness in acne area dissapear and the skin's happy now.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

Pros:
-No discerning scent for those sensitive to harsh chemical scents
-Seemingly gentle enough

Cons:
-Leaves a slightly greasy feel on face after the initial moisture sets in
-Redness is not alleviated
-Clogged a few pores on cheeks

All in all: will not buy again--gonna return it actually (I tried this for a week)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was the wrong moisturizer for me. I break out easily, and too often, using this gives me pimples the next morning. :( I'll have to stick with Cetaphil until I settle on something that doesn't make me break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

PROS: moisturizes, dries fast, not too thick and not too thin, not oily, skin feels comfortable
CONS: does not reduce redness
OVERALL: normal/average moisturizer, for normal skin, not oily or dry skin, does not reduce redness in anyway >.<

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My almost-HG cream. I haven't found another cream suitable. I hate scented moisturizers; they can be so over-powering. This has a great consistency. Not too oily (I also loved Lancome's Nutrix Royal, but much too oily!), not too thin. My skin feels fine after, not too moisturized but comfortable. This costs 20CAD but I've never bought it full-priced. TBS has a lot of 50% off sales/promos, so I always stock up during. I'm still out for my perfect night cream but with my scent-aversion, it'll be a long journey. Also, I find jars and tubs to be less hygienic but creams rarely come in tubes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by UNICORNSxLOVE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and excited to try it out because i finally got my skin to clear up and thought this would get rid of my faint redness. it moisturized my skin and faded my red spots. a couple days later i broke out, BAD! i don't know if they're little zits or little hives. either way they're all over my face and popped out AT THE SAME! my face is ruined and this the only new change to my skin care routine. not purchasing full size for sure! and this has safe ingredients and supposedly good for sesitive skin. i am furious!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EDITED UPDATE (original review below asterisk):
After using this cream for about a month on just the small trial/sample size that you can get in the kit... I purchased the full size and I am happy to say that it agrees with my skin just as much as it did the first week I used it. My skin loves loves loves this stuff and I'm not afraid to wear it during the day and my skin is soft and smooth and glowing and pale. I have sensitive skin and it definitely helps calm it down. No, it doesn't heal breakouts, but it allows my skin's natural balance and pH to do what it's supposed to. It keeps my skin supple and paired with an eye cream, it's absolutely lovely. I recommend trying the sample/trial size first before committing to the full size because there is quite a lot there, but I can't recommend it highly enough....
I've been using this for about a week now. Due for a review, I think. The cream is thick, rich, and soothing. It's dense but not greasy, creamy but not oily. It smooths on like a cream but then dries down for a gel-like finish. Okay, I think I might be exaggerating a bit, but it allows my face to feel smooth and alleviates any dry patches and it's comfortably moisturized... not oily or greasy. It's also superbly fast absorbing. My skin is glowing and pleasant when I'm done with it. I have light redness on the cheeks that this helps combat. No, it doesn't fade away the scars or the hyperpigmentation, but it certainly helps alleviate their harsh appearance. My skin drinks this stuff up. You only need a really really tiny bit. Anyone who thinks otherwise will probably have unfortunate oily mishaps with this. Otherwise... very pleasant dealings.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff.
It really does sooth. My skin feels nice, relaxed and smooth when I wake up after a night with this on. It also make rednesses fade really quickly.
For a night cream it is relatively light, not as thick or heavily moisturizing as other night creams. That's a plus for me though. I do use it as a day cream too sometimes. It's just a very good all-rounder. One doesn't need a whole lot to cover the entire face.
If my skin stays as it is, I'll defenitely repurchase.