December 21, 2014 | 982 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I have had this for two years. I first bought the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus, but I found I got oily by lunch time in my high school year. So I decided to try out the blot powder. Does it work? Yes. I dust this on my face and the oil is GONE. But I also find that it makes my face really cakey after I apply this, so I prefer to just remove my foundation entirely and redo it than use this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

I went into mac looking for a good powder and one of the lady's asked me if I wanted to try the blot powder on my face, my nose was very oily at the time and when she put it on it totally absorbed all the oil, it blurred my pores like crazy, and kept me shine free until I went home to take my makeup off! (5pm-10pm) I ended up buying it but she did use a stippling brush on me, maybe that makes a difference. I have normal-combo skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by at77339

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Expensive and didn't keep my nose shine free for more than 2 hrs. I had so much hope after reading all the reviews but was so disappointed. I used this as set powder after cc cream, mufe matte velvet + and my nose was shiny after couple hrs. With mufe duo matte powder it lasted a little longer but not long enough. Keep looking :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by samshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really disappointed with this powder, I really wanted to love it as so many people do. My initial views were good. I loved the finish over my foundation which is really snooth and silky, however, the staying power is nowhere near as good as other powders I have used for half the price. I suppose this wont be an issue if you haven't got oily skin like me. On the plus side, it is a good powder to have with you to use after you have blotted as it doesn't cause your foundation to move or cause a build up on the skin. I will stick with my HG no7 perfect light loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I'm normally not a huge fan of MAC, since I think they're a bit too hyped, and I normally prefer drugstore/highstreet make-up. However the great thing about MAC, is that they have EVERYTHING. If I need anything I can't find anywere, I will probably find it at MAC.

Anyways, I was looking for a translucent powder that would take away the oil, set my makeup without adding more coverage or that heavy powder feel. This one does it all!
I apply a bit to my t-zone, were I normally get a bit shiny through out the day. I just make sure not to apply to much, because then it can look a bit too powdery.
I wouldn't say it last or keeps away shine for more than 4-5 hours, but the great thing about this powder is that you can reapply it on top of your makeup, without it looking cakey. It comes with a mirror and little powder puff, so it's perfect for on the go.

btw.
I have tried the Rimmel stay matte, but since it contains talc, it sadly broke me out. I also find it to be a bit too heavy and powdery, so I definetely prefer this MAC one over that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Deedianne

What is the hype? Just another over exaggerated mac product. Most press powders would do the same thing as this. Though I must say I really like the packaging. Overall I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by 96441

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First thing I want to say is this is the only product that has ever worked with oil and shine control.
I have suffered with oily skin ever since I was a teenager and have tried so many powders and other so called oil control, shine control and mattifying products and none have worked.
Such as Revlon colorstay powder, covergirl oil control powder, Maybelline dream matte, shine free, superstay 24hr, rimmel stay matte, murad mattifier, Neutrogena oily combination moisturizer, skin doctors t zone, nivea young, avene anti shine, formula 10..0.6 and those are just the ones I can remember and not one made any difference.
I was sick of wasting money trying products that didn't do what they were suppose too but I was getting fed up with my skin getting so oily only after 2 hours of applying makeup and looking yuck. So I saw all the positives reviews for the MAC blot powder and thought one last try, it was before Christmas and they had free delivery, It cost $36aud but worth every penny.
To compare usually at the 3 hour mark my face, especially forehead is very oily but with the mac on at the same time it's completely matt and at about 5 hours it's still pretty matt only maybe a little shine comes through but it's not greasy and yuck looking just dewy.
I love it because finally I have found something that actually works to keep my face matt. If you suffer from oily skin and need a product to keep your skin matt, then I would definitely recommend trying the mac blot you won't regret. I will keep buying it as long as they keep making it.
There's only one negative the colours are lighter than what the package says. I would usually be a medium at the most in other powders but bought the medium dark in the mac blot and it's still not too dark . I would recommend going up a shade.
But other than that it's a must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

A mac salesrepresentat got me to buy this powder some time ago, and i was really dissapointed.

I have really oily skin that shines easily. The blot powder does simply not feel nice on my skin! and even if it makes my skin look matte, a short period of time, it makes me look dull and my skin just.....dead...

Before this I had the Clarins Ever Matte shine control powder, and really miss that one. The finish is nicer, satin but still matte. Feels good on skin too.

If you want a shine absorbing translucent powder go for Rimmel Stay Matte. A lot better - a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very oily t-zone and I need to blot almost after I finish doing my make up. I have to use tons of sunscreen because I have fair skin and every sunscreen I try makes my skin shiny in one way or another. This compact powder is a God send! It controls the shine and absorbs oil like no other, I do not look like a grease ball all the time. I'm super happy and will buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff it's great!