November 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by ambereyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do think my skin has improved since using this.

After only a week I felt my skin looked more even and was definitely softer. Its sun protection isn't failsafe because I still got freckles on my nose after a day out in NYC in the 80's (I have medium skintone). You only need a tiny amount and it covers very well. I imagine that it could cause breakouts if you use too much.

I will definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was already a bit of a fan of Clinique skincare because it doesn't cause breakouts, itches or rashes on my dry and sensitive skin; something which 90% of creams I've tried do (I've tried many different brands from all price ranges), so I thought that Superdefense Moisturizer would be a safe bet...

There's not much to say for this product. I used it twice a day for almost two months and I still had visible dry flakes of skin, about three hours after application. Also; the formula felt gritty upon application.

I didn't notice any other improvements either i.e. skin tightening, glowing or fine lines being reduced. A disappointing waste of time and money.

I've added a star for the SPF and the fact that Superdefense didn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using the combination oily to oily formula since i was 24 and i am now 30! It is great. i think this is the only beauty product that i have purchased again and again for over 6 years.

I use this here in the UK all year round and also if i go away on holiday. Note - if i am away abroad and the sun is strong i will also use another product cotaining SPF over the top (primer, tinted base, sun tan lotion for the face etc). It is a lovely base for primer and make up.

This has never broke me out or made me dry. If you put too much on then you can feel greasy, but over the years i have learnt how much my face and neck can take!! You don't need that much and a pot generally lasts me around 5-6 months! The fact that it protects your skin from the first signs of ageing, has SPF 25 and is specifically aimed for combination to oily skins makes it a winner for me.

I will continue to repurchase till i need something for older skin.... i.e. wrinkles...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sm23

This moisturiser has not been a good purchase for me. I think since I started using it around January time, I have suffered from worse acne, discolouration, and fine lines than ever before! The pot is unhygienic as you have to dip your fingers in, and the moisturiser itself has an odd synthetic smell. Sadly, I would not recommend this moisturiser as I can't really think of any postives about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the one for dry to very dry skin. Oh, nothing breaks me out, but this does and I have sahara dry skin. AND it could be from the jar, WHY when we know bacteria gets in there, we use our FINGERS Clinique, to get the stuff out.

Darn, SPF above 25 or equal to is a real challenge if you are too dark to wear all mineral. The beat goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Ninbazi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am pleased with a lot of Clinique prodcuts. I really like this one been using it for few weeks now after my 3-step. Live in sunny California and this works great with my dry combo skin. It never interferes with my foundation (actually makes it come on smoother!).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by TiniD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging is nice and all but the creme doesnt moisturize very well, I have normal to dry skin but after using the creme it gets flakey and dry after only 30 minutes. This product is too expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by bellinoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this product twice because I am a big fan! I have really sensitive skin and use the dry/combo version. The cream easily blends into your skin and leaves it fresh and moisturized. I can't stand perfumed creams and love this one even more as there is no smell. I have had slight problems with redness, but this cream has helped to even up my skin tone in the long-term.
I have read reviews saying that the product is overpriced. For me, it is absolutely worth it as it just works for me like no other cream!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a free sample in a gift, and woah. It STINKS. How can I describe it... Burned licorice and dead rat in formeldahyde. So bad, used it on my hands and feet once, then it went in the bin. Btw, hands were 'dry' after 5 minutes. The smell only got worse. Clinique, are you serious?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by stormV301

Now one of my favourite moisturisers!

I first used this at the end of the summer - We went to Uganda and I used this as my face sun cream (applied very frequently as it was 30 degrees C + on some days) and did not get burnt at all! (had previously been using Givenchy Hydra Sparkling which was good, but having to use Clarins Spf over the top). Since then this is the cream I have been using every morning before putting my makeup on. I use the Dry/Combination cream, and have found that it stops my skin from drying out and does not give me spots! The weather here has now changed ......COLD!!!! I am still using this cream, and my skin seems to be happy with it - going from about 2 degrees C whilst waiting for the train, to inside and considerably warmer.

While its not the cheapest moisteriser out there, it is very good, and has the added spf which really does work! In the long run Iam hopign this will keep my skin looking good and save it from the sun!