Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I needed some intense moisture as fall was coming and my skin was dried out from sun and environmental stressors. This is a great cream but it burns/stings a little when applied after I use my clarisonic. And God forbid I apply this accidentally anywhere near the eye area.

The packaging includes a little tab that keeps the product moist/safe even if you forget to screw the lid back on overnight.

This white cream feels very smooth and blends in very well. No white is left over after application. I prefer white or clear products to products that contain dyes and colors.

Simply my favorite for years now. Shame it's so expensive though, although I would nearly say it's worth it.
From time to time when my budget is tight I go for other facecreams like L'oreal, but nothing else really does it for me other than this Superdefense from Clinique.
Just love the light, fresh, non-perfumy smell, the way it glides onto your skin, moisturizing all day and keeping you safe from the sun with its 25SPF. It gives me a dewy glow and I always get complimented on it, ever since I started using it.
No break outs here.
But, like I said, at 36 a pop, it IS pretty expensive!

I have a combo skin: my cheeks are dry but T zone always oily and acne prone. I bought dry/combination skin version of this product. I t gave exactly what my skin needs: some moist to cheeks, mattifying T zone. And this version 'dry/combo' is a very rare option overall moisturizers so since it exactly describes my skin, I had the optimum benefit. I just changed my moisturizer because I started to use a series of products to get rid of my imperfections but when I finish this treatment, I will definetely turn back to this product.

I have struggled to find my HG moisturiser and this one is not the one. My skin flakes easily and is on the dry side. I use the dry combination skin type for this product. It does moisturise but it is not anything spectacular. It feels a bit heavy and yet is unable to moisturise to my desire.

I think it also clogs my pores a little too (but I believe all cream moisturisers clog pores to some extent) . I bought this because the sales assistant suggested it. I know I will definitely not be listening to them again.

It is not the worst moisturiser but for the price it is definitely not worth it. It is way too expensive for an average moisturiser.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really do think my skin has improved since using this.

After only a week I felt my skin looked more even and was definitely softer. Its sun protection isn't failsafe because I still got freckles on my nose after a day out in NYC in the 80's (I have medium skintone). You only need a tiny amount and it covers very well. I imagine that it could cause breakouts if you use too much.

I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was already a bit of a fan of Clinique skincare because it doesn't cause breakouts, itches or rashes on my dry and sensitive skin; something which 90% of creams I've tried do (I've tried many different brands from all price ranges), so I thought that Superdefense Moisturizer would be a safe bet...

There's not much to say for this product. I used it twice a day for almost two months and I still had visible dry flakes of skin, about three hours after application. Also; the formula felt gritty upon application.

I didn't notice any other improvements either i.e. skin tightening, glowing or fine lines being reduced. A disappointing waste of time and money.

I've added a star for the SPF and the fact that Superdefense didn't irritate my skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using the combination oily to oily formula since i was 24 and i am now 30! It is great. i think this is the only beauty product that i have purchased again and again for over 6 years.

I use this here in the UK all year round and also if i go away on holiday. Note - if i am away abroad and the sun is strong i will also use another product cotaining SPF over the top (primer, tinted base, sun tan lotion for the face etc). It is a lovely base for primer and make up.

This has never broke me out or made me dry. If you put too much on then you can feel greasy, but over the years i have learnt how much my face and neck can take!! You don't need that much and a pot generally lasts me around 5-6 months! The fact that it protects your skin from the first signs of ageing, has SPF 25 and is specifically aimed for combination to oily skins makes it a winner for me.

I will continue to repurchase till i need something for older skin.... i.e. wrinkles...

This moisturiser has not been a good purchase for me. I think since I started using it around January time, I have suffered from worse acne, discolouration, and fine lines than ever before! The pot is unhygienic as you have to dip your fingers in, and the moisturiser itself has an odd synthetic smell. Sadly, I would not recommend this moisturiser as I can't really think of any postives about it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the one for dry to very dry skin. Oh, nothing breaks me out, but this does and I have sahara dry skin. AND it could be from the jar, WHY when we know bacteria gets in there, we use our FINGERS Clinique, to get the stuff out.

Darn, SPF above 25 or equal to is a real challenge if you are too dark to wear all mineral. The beat goes on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am pleased with a lot of Clinique prodcuts. I really like this one been using it for few weeks now after my 3-step. Live in sunny California and this works great with my dry combo skin. It never interferes with my foundation (actually makes it come on smoother!).