October 23, 2014 | 1195 users online

Powder - Maybelline - PureStay Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always thought the saying was true, that ''you get what you pay for''. That doesn't apply here. This is the best powder foundation I've ever used and I still can't believe I only spent $6 and some change for this! The only negative thing I can say is there's not many shades to choose from but if you can find one that works for you then definitely try this out. For reference, I'm pretty pale (nc15) and their lightest shade ivory even looked to dark in the pan but it goes on much lighter then it looks. I've tried powders by bare minerals, laura geller, MAC, Lanc�me and this beats them all. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about that the packaging is ugly. I mean really? What do you expect? I don't really care because I'm not paying for pretty packaging and a mediocre product here. This is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by dropdeaddandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just randomly got this in a walgreens clearance and I am SO impressed! I have been using it for a week, and it is hands down beating out Bare Minerals as well as Lucy Minerals. It covers well, lasts all day, and most importantly looks like I have nothing on. I feel like it holds my blush on better too. Since it is being clearanced, I am wondering if it being discontinued? Planning to get a few more this week to stock up. I can't believe a 5 dollar maybe line foundation is the best kind I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by cobblest

Just bought it in CVS clearance

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by klganno7

Love it, totally flawless, covers up without looking like I have any makeup on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by JessicaLove87

I LOVE this product!!! I have been using this for so many years! I always try to cheat on my beloved Purestay and try other brands, high end and other drugstore brands, and try foundation with a powder over it but I always end up disappointed and come back to Maybelline. I always get compliments on my skin and people ask what foundation I use and they are shocked when I tell them my secret! I have oily/combo skin and this goes on and stays well with just a moisturizer underneath but works even better with a primer under it too. They don't have my exact shade (who does?) but with a little bronzer it looks flawless!!!!! If you are thinking of trying this please do!!! I hope Maybelline never discontinues this! The only thing I would complain about is the ugly packaging. You would think they would update it. It's a little embarrassing to pull out of your purse for touch ups but oh well!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for nine years and it is by far the best I have found. About four years ago, I turned my best friend on to it and she still uses it too. I have tried many other high end brands and they sit on my vanity because I still use this every day. To me, this beats BE mineral veil, MUFE hd powder, benefit's oxygen wow custom powder, and several others. For only $7? Yes please! Highly recommend this

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Princessamata

I used this compact for the past 10 years. I could never find another powder that was superior.. Best drug store makeup ever. I recently switched to MAC studio fix simply because I felt it was time to grow up. But I tell you it really is a toss up..idk which one i prefer..However if you don't have a dry face it will cake up. So make sure your face is dry from moisturizers and what not. The packaging sucks and is ugly, but at 7 dollars who cares :) !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by cbwasson01

Wow! This powder foundation is by far the best quality drugstore powder foundation I have ever used and it is just as good if not better than MAC studio fix powder foundation. I have worn the MAC for 7 years, but I just have a hard time $30 on powder being a full time student, so I thought I'd give this little gem a shot. For reference, I wear NC40 in MAC. The shade Nude is nearly perfect, maybe a touch light surprisingly because I thought it might be a touch dark. Nothing a little bronzer won't fix though. I just can't say enough good things about this powder! It will be a sad, dark day if this is ever discontinued and I will shed the largest crocodile tears a person has ever seen. When I graduate college and am making the big bucks as a nurse practitioner I will still buy this product, God willing its still on the market. Maybelline, thank you so very much for such a wonderful, amazing product! Please, pretty please, don't discontue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by LBVero

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best powder Ive ever used, and I have used high end to drug store! Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by trcunning

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Slim package with room for a sponge, not bulky in my purse. The mirror is too small but it's usable.
    Apply to a clean, dry face. Can settle on dry skin and go patchy over oily. (Wash your face.)