October 2, 2014 | 1855 users online

Crème - Cle de Peau - Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by bren81

I have the old square jar version of this foundation in O10 (perfect for my skin tone: asian, fair skin, pinkish undertone).

The foundation applies very smoothly and provides medium to full coverage. I have old scars from acne (damn clinique turn around and estee lauder night repair and neutrogena sunblock!!! they gave me horrible breakouts T-T), and this does a wonderful job of camaflaging the scars. It is very much buildable without looking cakey. It lasts long without oxidizing.

The one thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. It's in an old fashioned jar so you have to either use your finger or a spatula. Not very hygenic. But the renewed twist tube like packaging eliminates this problem! I have used the sample of the new foundation and it's very similar to this one. Once I use mine up, I will repurchase the renewed version. The price is another con but I guess any good thing comes at a price

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ddelerium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks thick and creamy but goes on to a smooth powdery finish. Doesn't feel heavy and has excellent coverage. That being said, I highly do not recommend this for people with dry skin or people on Retin-A or any other exfoliating medication because this will accentuate every flake, line and crack. You also need a light, fast hand when applying because although it is very layerable, it is not the type of foundation that is very oncteuse and blendable. So apply with light hand and blend in really fast or else you will need more and mor eto cover the rest of your face and you can end up looking very cakey. Also, the packaging is very pretty but awful. It's a square jar, wide at top, so all the product just gluts up there. What a waste.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the old formulation of CdP Teint Naturel Creme which comes in a 20ml/.88FL.OZ jar and without SPF. The new version comes in a 30ml/1Fl.OZ jar, has a different ingredients list and is with SPF18.
    Let me first of all state that IMO this foundation is way overpriced despite the fact it is a very good foundation. I know CdP is Shiseido's prestige line so you'll pay for outstanding luxurious products but well, $118 for a jar of foundation is just too much. I managed to get it for half retail price but still it's just too much money. Admitted, a little bit goes a very long way so even with everyday use a jar will last you for over a year or even longer but well, I just can't justify it. Back to the foundation itself.
    I'm a cool- to neutral toned NW10 and I have dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. My current favourite foundations are LM Silk Creme in #Soft Ivory and Chantecaille Real Skin Foundation in #Fresh. I purchased this foundation in the second lightest shade I10 which is too dark for my skin and the undertones don't match my complexion. I guess shade I00 would be a better match. The texture is creamy yet surprizingly lightweight for such highly pigmented foundation. You only need the amount of the size of a rice grain to cover your whole face. I use a damp sponge to blend in. It feels very smooth, doesn't settle into fine lines and leaves a dewy, velvety finish. This is a full coverage foundation like LM Silk Creme so it does an outstanding job evening out my ruddy cheeks. If you would use too much, I think it might look mask-like and feel heavy so the key is (as with all full-coverage foundations) to apply sparingly and blend well. Also make sure your face is exfoliated and moisturized well otherwise any dry patches/flakes might show up. The foundation wears well during the day and doesn't oxidize. It feels great and looks great.
    Now apart from the price and the wrong shade I also didn't like the fragrance. It's not a very overpowering or horrible scent but I'm quite picky about scented foundations and it does turn me off a bit. I just prefer unscented foundations.
    Conclusion: I won't repurchase for several reasons but if you have the money, can find a matching shade, don't mind fragranced foundations and if you are looking for a full coverage, creamy, non-drying foundation which also doesn't settle into fine lines I still highly recommend giving it a try. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
    Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, talc, butylene glycol, dimethicone, glycerin, dimethicone copolyol, sodium glutamate, dextrin palmitate, nylon-12, boron nitride, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl dipalmitate, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, glycine soja, palmitic acid, mica, quaternium-18, isopropyl alcohol, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum distearate, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, polysilicone-5, methicone, linalool, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, benzyl benzoate, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, fragrance, CI77891, CI77492, CI77491, CI77499.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be my favorite foundation until SA introduced me to a new production: the REFINING foundation. The creme foundation was recommended to apply with a sponge which you can buy from Cle de Peau also since it's of the best quality. A jar lasted me 2-3 months with daily application. At first I was very happy with this item and I was going back to CdP to replenish the stock at which point the SA informed me of the REFINING foundation. The main reason why I don't favor this over the REFINING foundation is because it didn't give me a "glow." Thus, although it provides a very nice coverage, I look dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by MeredithK02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an incredibly expensive product, but it really works. I'm very pale and pink-toned, and I10 is the perfect shade for me. You only need a small amount because the formula is so pigmented, so the jar will last quite a while. I agree with an earlier review that if you use too much, it can definitely look cakes, so start with just a little bit!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a craving for this foundation for the past six months and finally got it at the Shiseido Store at Mitsuwa Plaza. I got Teint Naturel in O10.

This foundation has a matte finish and is very thick and incredibly pigmented, so you better have a light hand or it will definitely going to look cakey and... well dense. I apply this foundation with the help of the MAC 187 and be incredibly careful to not load too much product on the brush.

This also didn't seem to oxidize on me, which is a plus.
    This product can also be mixed with foundation or primer for a sheerer version or your own tinted moisturizer.

One of the pluses is the fact that this basically covers everything, you seriously don't need concealer but you need a light hand while applying otherwise it's pancake mode on.
    The jar seems rather small BUT you need so little that it lasts a good while.

While I'll probably repurchase this, I have to admit the price is rather exorbitant, so only go for this if you have the cash to splurge. You can buy MUFE's Mat Velvet + which also has amazing coverage for a thrice of the price and get amazing results.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been longing after this foundation for years but always refrained as it is soooooo expensive.
    The occasion popped up: in a local perfumery they were having a sale as they were dismissing the entire Clé de Peau line (it too expensive and nobody buys it!), so I could get the CdP Cream Foundation at half of its regular price (here in Italy it’s 104 Euros!!!), mind you, half price is still more expensive that the usual Dior or Chanel or Lancome fdn I use to buy, but anyway it’s in the price range of a Chantecaille just to make an example… so I thought I could do it!
    I was more than happy to have this opportunity and try this up. I purchased the lightest shade in the range, that’s I10 (Ivory). Lovely. Gorgeous colour. It matches my skin tone pretty well, l thought it’s maybe a tad too “white” - fact that I can adjust with a bit of bronzer anyway… we are going towards the sunny season so a too white face must be corrected. This shade is perfect for winter though.

I love the foundation and when I first applied I said “WOW”: it is so intensely pigmented that I thought it was a concealer!
    Indeed it is not, it glides on so smooth and blends perfectly with your skin. I was amazed: a very small amount is needed and you really can cover all your face and you DO NOT need concealer! (I have discoloration to hide).
    I got a flawless face, not chalky not masky.
    Due to its excellent coverage, it's quite obvious that you are wearing makeup - so this may not be the ideal foundation if you are looking for an easygoing/natural looks (to this extent Chantecaille is better but does not cover all I need!).
    The only 2 con’s I can find here are:
    1) the price – at its normal price it cannot go for everyday wear – a 20ml jar will not last very long even if the product is very concentrated.
    2) after a few hours my face turned extremely oily (my skin is not oily, just has a classic T zone).
    It was perfect until noon, but then after it melted almost completely (I wore loose powder on top, of course as I always do) I guess this is due to the oils contained. That’s why I will reserve this fabulous fdn for winter wear and special occasions….

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I dropped S$212 (about US$150 in today's forex) for this here in Singapore. I have this in O20 and so far I am not impressed at all.

I have been using Sisley and I totally love it but it can't provide me with coverage that I require. I wanted something that will look flawless when applied by any lazy idiot, which led me to CdP. There is nothing seriously wrong with this product. But with this price tag I am expecting something seriously good. No matter how I build up, it can't totally banish my few shallow red/dark pimple scarring even if I use CdP sponge and by the time that it did, it is then masky. I even change my moisturizers to see any changes but I didn't. Second, although the color is a perfect match, it is very obvious that I am wearing make up with this. Not natural enough for me. This is a waste of money. The packaging is also substandard and unhygienic.

I will try this for a few more days and will update if there's any change in my experience (I have to discover ways to use this expensive stuff).

EDIT 22/09/2008: I have discovered that over LP Extraits of Skin Caviar, this fdn is actually a killer. It looks like my real natural skin, radiant and perfect without the dull mattness. Oh well, ANY fdn looks fav on top of Extraits but CdP is different. It covers dark old acne sites and capillaries- it does this when I use it as a spot concealer after whole face application. I am astounded and there's no oxidation too. Excellent. You just have to find a good primer.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation for fall/winter since I have oily skin, its a creme foundation that blends well and offers medium to full coverage depending on how you apply and how much you use. I am using 020 (MAC NC 20-25) and its a good match for me, I do use the CDP primer underneath but have found it to work well either with the primer or without. Its expensive but for the little amount you use I can see myself repurchasing if I ever run out. I will try the new CDP liquid foundation this week, the sales lady told me that the new foundation is more suited for those with oily skin. Still this is a wonderful product and I have yet to be disappointed with any product from CDP.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by amymjames

I received a sample of this when I went to Neiman's to buy my Sisley foundation. I do like the Sisley Oil-Free Foundation, but I find that it doesn't provide the coverage like CDP covers. I do like a natural look, but look for lasting coverage. When I look at the creme formula of CDP, I automatically think it's going to be too much (looking too heavy). The satin-creme formula, though, looks beautiful on. I have gorgeous skin with this, and I feel like I'd want to go for this if I needed a reliable foundation for looking great. I'm going to use the entire sample (probably should last over a week) and see if it's a good everyday-wearing foundation (in all lighting, etc.).

I'm with the color 010, a nice yellow-based. All over my face, it looks a little light. It's not so light that bronzer doesn't ease that, but do want to check out the 020, though I have a feeling, due to limited color selection, that it will be quite a jump.