Lise Watier Base Miracle – Pore Minimizing Primer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Silsesquioxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this is the first primer i have ever tried. although i didn't like it at first because i wasn't use to the "feel" of it: i thought it felt oily... but then everyone said "no! that's how primers are supposed to feel like: smooth!"... i use it all the time now, it helps keep my pores unclogged. but this whole "pore minimizer" obviously does not work... we have to keep in mind, ladies, there is NO such thing as a product that will minimize your pores... it's like saying a shampoo can repair split ends... THERE'S NO SUCH THING! but i must say that once u put this on, ur pores will look smaller, mainly because it's giving you a thin layer of smoothness...

I have sensitive skin that no matter what kind of foundation i put on my face I end up getting a rash or really oily skin afterwards and cannot wear makeup for a few days. I was referred to trying Base Miracle by the SA at shoppers and it works wonderfully. I love how my makeup blends easier, my face isnt oily, and the best thing of all I dont get any reaction to my foundation! Also I love the matte look. I dont have big pores so the pore minimizing doesnt really have much effect but it helped with the wrinkles i had. I have been able to wear makeup all week now...No breakouts either!!! I love this product...its a godsend for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have larger nose pores, and with this product they produce wayyy less oil throughout the day. The primer leaves my skin soft and powdery feeling after application. It blends well with my mineral foundation and like others have said, I use less blotting papers throughout the day.

I like this stuff! It felt kind of oily and weird the first time I used it but I've gotten over that. It leaves a lovely matte finish to my skin and really grabs my foundation. I find I use less blotting papers when I do my mid-day blot. I don' t think it minimizes my pores but I love what it does for my skin.

ETA: a couple of years later this is still my go-to primer. Nothing else I've tried is as good for my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this after reading reviews at MUA. I have very oily, acne-prone skin that shines through everything. I'm always looking for that "miracle product." I read these reviews with a grain of salt as most primers/mattifiers that work for others don't seem to work for me. I bought Base Miracle at SDM for $31 (taxes in). It comes in a short, fat tube and the product itself is colourless and odourless. It feels like a gel, but dries to a silky, matte finish. You really do need just a tiny amount. I apply a thin layer to my forehead, eyelids, nose, chin and cheeks. It absorbs quickly, though I do give it 1-2 minutes to set, then I apply my powder foundation and my skin looks smoother and while my pores are not invisible, they are smaller. What I have noticed is that my face is not as shiny as normal. I can go hours without having to blot. This in itself makes Base Miracle a product I will buy again.

I love this primer , it feels like your not putting on anything , it's so light , and it helps hold make-up for a long time!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best primer i've used (i've tried MAC, LG, SB and Boots so far). Smooth over face well and leaves skin really soft! Made my foundation application and blending way easier. Kept me matte (most important for me!) for hours and even when I did blot, i used less papers then usual. Makeup did not slid off my face mid-day or accumulate between my eyebrows. And it did not brake me out at all! I do think it's really expensive for such a small amount (28$ CAN for 25 ml) but it's worth it for me. Will repurchase when i run out!

A very effective product for smoothing over larger pores and perfecting your canvas for the application of foundation and other makeup. The product is purely cosmetic and does not make therapeutic claims. Warning! Don't use it under silicon-full makeups like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse and Cover Girl's True Blend...which will slide off your face if you do ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product mainly for its "Pore Minimizing" function. I can not tell I have seen a difference in my pores size and the product is too thick to serve as a primer. The best use that can be made is for controling the shine over makeup if you have oily skin.

This primer goes on very smooth and leaves your skin feeling silky. I only apply it to my forehead and the bridge of my nose as that is where my skin tends to get oily. It lasts all day until I wash my face, and it helps mask the glare that I usually get on my forehead. The only thing is that you have to make sure your skin is well mosturized before applying or else your skin kinda flakes when you apply your bronzer or powder ontop. Overall it is one of the best primers I have used so far.

Popular Primer/ Correctors